Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kurzarbeit due to Covid-19

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

Due to Covid-19 my work has been closed  My boss had everyone sign the Kurtzarbeit papers on March 15.

After that I have received nothing. When questioned my boss said they never responded to their request and gave no more information but they are "looking into it". Meanwhile all staff are left with no income for the past 2 months and no further information. 

I feel that this is wrong and I can get no information from my Boss. Any suggestion if this is accurate? I'm not really certain with what I should do, presumably we will open in June but that's another Month without income.

Thank you for any advice 

That does not sound right! If you signed the Kurzarbeit papers than you still should get paid (whatever your boss negotiated in your agreement). What was in the agreement?? Usually it says something like employees still get 60 % or so. Please give us more information. 

They are supposed to still pay you but they get the money back from Arbeitsamt.  If you are not working at all, Arbeitsamt will pay your employer 60% of your salary or 67% if you have kids and your employer is supposed to pay you that money.  It is possible that your employer didn't receive the money yet.  My employer has paid me 60% but I don't know if it has been paid to them.

It's not clear from the post whether the request was approved by the Bundesagentur für Arbeit. It should be pushed by the employer. Two months no pay is a no-go. Moreover, there are plans to increase the net pay to 80% and 87% for families. Pending approval in the Bundestag.

Thank you,

I know they dont have a large financial blanket but I find this conduct unfair and unrealistic for people to go without income or information for months. 

The agreement was a singular piece of paper that we all signed, stating very little information, about 40/60. We were all allotted 2 min to sign it then the next person, reassured by our employer this is all they need from us and they will do the rest.

I regret my naivety in not looking into everything more and asking more questions at the time, but I assumed it would not be an issue. Well I learned my lesson. Im usually not this niave to life but with the situation and me being uncertain with German law or Kurtzarbeit I went along with my other co workers. 

If my employer didnt receive the money yet, should they still not pay their employees? Is there anywhere I can look into it or report this too?

Thank you so much for any info

1 hour ago, KleinDancer said:

If my employer didnt receive the money yet, should they still not pay their employees? Is there anywhere I can look into it or report this too?

Thank you so much for any info

My agreement was just a sheet of paper too stating the date I was notified of the kurzarbeit and that I agree to it.

According to  https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/finanzielle-hilfen/kurzarbeitergeld-arbeitnehmer  under "Mein Arbeitgeber hat für das Unternehmen Kurzarbeit angemeldet. Wie erhalte ich nun das Kurzarbeitergeld? / Wer zahlt es aus?" it is your employer who has to pay you and they will then get money from the agentur.  If your employer is also unsure how this works, you may have to screenshot this and email them and ask them when they are paying you.  I'm not sure who else you can complain to except the agentur themselves.

2 hours ago, KleinDancer said:

Call the Agentur für Arbeit and ask them for assistance.

if you have a works council at your work I would also contact them about the situation