Cell Phones Import from China

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I have been pursuing to switch my current visa to a business visa, and have hired an agency to help me with a business plan. My business model includes importing cell phones, and cell phone accessories from China. Owing to the current circumstances, does anyone know if importing cell phones to Germany from China is a legal challenge? 

From what I know, prior to COVID19, it was business as usual. I just want to make sure I am not missing out on any legal dynamic here before submitting my business plan to the IHK. 

Any other suggestions to keep in mind regarding this business plan would be extremely helpful as well. Thank you!

10 hours ago, FlipFlop123 said:

I have been pursuing to switch my current visa to a business visa, and have hired an agency to help me with a business plan. My business model includes importing cell phones, and cell phone accessories from China. Owing to the current circumstances, does anyone know if importing cell phones to Germany from China is a legal challenge? 

Isn't keeping up to date on the current laws part of what you need for your business?

Any other suggestions to keep in mind regarding this business plan would be extremely helpful as well.

Did you include supporting documentation/information:

- on your business network in both China and Germany? 

- your language skills in both German and Chinese?

- your knowledge of German import/customs regulations?

- secured financing

BTW, please update your post after you visit the ABH.

On 5/13/2020, 12:20:56, engelchen said:

Isn't keeping up to date on the current laws part of what you need for your business?

Did you include supporting documentation/information:

- on your business network in both China and Germany? 

- your language skills in both German and Chinese?

- your knowledge of German import/customs regulations?

- secured financing

BTW, please update your post after you visit the ABH.

With regards to business network in China and Germany, I have already put in all the details in my business plan. It is a B2C model relying on existing marketplaces. 

The communication with Chinese vendors is done in English, product listing is automated, and for the content I already have a colleague who will be working on it. 

The import regulations so far have been straightforward, I am only concerned about any new changes that I might have overlooked owing to the COVID19 scenario. Importing cell-phone accessories is still not an issue, since a friend of mine has his business focused on this. I just wanted to know if the same applies on cell-phones as well. The agency helping me with the business plan has reassured me, I just want to be a 100% sure on this before I submit it to the IHK. 

I will definitely update the post once things proceed. Thank you!