Moving to Munich from USA

131 posts in this topic

You'll probably automatically get a moped endorsement.  For grown-up motorcycles there are two license classes; A1 is for motorcycles up to 125cc and 11kW (plus some other restrictions), and A2 is for anything else.  A friend had some kind of governor/limiter installed on his A2-Yamaha so he could legally ride on his A1 license until he took the A2 test.  Then he never bothered taking the A2 test.  YMMV. 

Good luck with everything, and I hope you can make a Munich meetup at some point.  Let me know if you want to play baseball or softball in Munich. 

21 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

When we changed UK licence for German ones- the woman had no idea of what the UK classes are- so gave me a motor bike class😏  So, as one other poster said- you may well find all classes transferred.

This happened to a German coworker in Canada.  He had an old paper drivers license and they apparently didn't know how to read it well and gave him all classes, including motorbike, bus, 18 wheeler, taxi, you name it.  However, when he came back to Germany and swapped it back, they did not let him keep any of his new abilities ;) 

Alterami! The advice on here has mostly been very useful and well-meaning by people who have gone through the ropes.

New issues will turn up for you once you are here and you will notice them remarked on on this forum. One favourite bugbear on here is the compulsory licence fee for TV owners, for example- even if you don‘t own one!

Why not be advised about stuff here you wouldn‘t even think about asking? It can save you teeth gnashing later...

Nobody is paying people to take their time to help you!

I dont care that youre not getting paid. Im not either. So have fun giving shit to others. I would much rather get no advice than deal with assholes.

Uh-oh. My Impending Flounce detector is vibrating like crazy!

I am not giving shit to you, alterami. My post was good- natured. As were most of the others by other people.

Jeez, you really are a spoilt brat. Of course you are not getting paid. You are not offering anything.

Many people on here have been taking their time to help you free of charge. THEY have been offering their time and tips.

You are really ungrateful.

1 minute ago, john g. said:

I am not giving shit to you, alterami. My post was good- natured. As were most of the others by other people.

Jeez, you really are a spoilt brat. Of course you are not getting paid. You are not offering anything.

Many people on here have been taking their time to help you free of charge. THEY have been offering their time and tips.

People starting a conversation like me this might help others in the same situation. But I bet it serves more to let certain forum members act like jagoffs. So thanks for those that helped, for everyone else including you F you.

Who have you thanked? You are not accepting genuine advice from people who have been through your situation.

Try another forum, maybe also get some answers and then slag them off.

Go around in circles.

Your choice...

Or maybe google an expert on everything and agree to pay a fee.

Peace anyway. Peace, babe. The world could use that.

🙏🏻

On 1.5.2020, 22:01:50, SpiderPig said:

Then I suggest that you arent playing with a full deck of cards...   Welcome to TT, you will fit in perfectly!

hahaha...

see, I was right!!

24 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

hahaha...

see, I was right!!

Don't really see him fitting in here at all... /shrug

6 minutes ago, zeeklafreek said:

Don't really see him fitting in here at all... /shrug

Are you the kid who was beaten up and had his drums nicked? 

Just now, hellfire99 said:

Could be...

But his wifes a hottie... 

Talk about banging drums...  :lol:

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

Could be...

But his wifes a hottie... 

Talk about banging drums...  :lol:

Playing the old bongos, eh! 

1 hour ago, john g. said:

If a couple of expats yanking on his chain is all it takes to wind him up like that, just wait until he gets here and has to deal with actual Germans on a daily basis :lol:

15 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Ah, you mean getting jumped by 2 guys in the middle of the night after a gig and fighting both of them off, then yes, that's me.

But thanks for calling me a 'kid'.

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

If a couple of expats yanking on his chain is all it takes to wind him up like that, just wait until he gets here and has to deal with actual Germans on a daily basis :lol:

Der, die, das, Space! Worse than whether to bring a car over or not!😂

4 minutes ago, zeeklafreek said:

Ah, you mean getting jumped by 2 guys in the middle of the night after a gig and fighting both of them off, then yes, that's me.

:lol: Yes, mate!  <wink wink>

4 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

:lol: Yes, mate!  <wink wink>

You should of seen them, as they were the ones running away.

I think the TT  trolls are upping their game to keep traffic moving on the site.  hmmm...who could be behind that...?

1 hour ago, alterami said:

People starting a conversation like me this might help others in the same situation. But I bet it serves more to let certain forum members act like jagoffs. So thanks for those that helped, for everyone else including you F you.

Welcome to TT

yes you are right there are some people on here, who are bored or who have a kinda of wind-up personality just waiting for people to turn up and give you a hard time, but there are many nice people on here trying to help.  Yes you are right this is a free service, take any info on face value and check it before you use it, if you want professional advice then sometimes it better to pay for it.

There are many nice people on this site, who know things, try not to get angry - it never helps. I come from the UK so, I have nothing really to add on importing cars/motorcycles, but I tried to be helpful on page 1 about health insurance. So I have no info about about importing stuff.

I would advise you to keep claim, take any info you can get from her, check its right and move on. Even if people are trying to provoke you here, just ignore them

@CincyInDE seems like a nice helpful guy to me, in the years I have seen his posts, take him up on his offer of help