Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Graduate Student Tutor in English, Creative Writing, Social and Earth Sciences

1 post in this topic

Experienced

English language tutor, educator, and social science graduate student with over 9+ years of experience working with children, teenagers, undergraduate students, and adults in a variety of settings. I have tutored students of various ages and abilities in a range of subject areas. I help both struggling, and gifted students reach their full potential by supplementing the instruction they receive in class and guiding them towards practices and aides that help them excel. I work primarily with individual students one-on-one, though I occasionally organize group activities for students studying the same material. I offer compassionate, motivating assistance to students, and essential feedback to parents and students alike.

Methodology

My teaching and tutoring methodologies included an integrated technological approach, that takes into account the interest of the student and their understanding of technologies and utilizing these either in the classroom or in our one and one session. 

I also take a cooperative learning approach by organizing lessons, activities, sessions, and learning material with the student while meeting any learning objectives. The goal of this method is to spark enthusiasm while promoting engagement with the content. I also take a differentiated approach or instruction that takes into account different learning styles, visual, auditory, and kinesthetic to meet the learning style if each pupil.

I also work with any student to develop goals as it relates to their learning to encourage them to take ownership of their learning. I also employ a cross-curriculum methodology that teaches multiple subjects concurrently, which can aid students in thinking more critically in learning concepts and skills. This can include the incorporation of earth science projects, over a period of time within English language lessons. The key to learning is continuously monitoring student learning by employing observation, questioning strategies, self/peer assessment, and other methods. In doing this, I can gauge the learning objective given to the student and adjust the educational processes by supporting or challenging students as needed. 

Experienced

English language tutor, educator, and social science graduate student with over 9+ years of experience working with children, teenagers, undergraduate students, and adults in a variety of settings. I have tutored students of various ages and abilities in a range of subject areas. I help both struggling, and gifted students reach their full potential by supplementing the instruction they receive in class and guiding them towards practices and aides that help them excel. I work primarily with individual students one-on-one, though I occasionally organize group activities for students studying the same material. I offer compassionate, motivating assistance to students, and essential feedback to parents and students alike.

Andrew 

Reviews and refernces

https://www.facebook.com/pg/iEnglisheverbs/reviews/?ref=page_internal