Collecting the Economic Impact Payment - 2020 CARES Act USA

124 posts in this topic

I normally just endorse checks and mail them to my broker/banker. This time he talked me into trying the Morgan Stanley app which takes a picture of both sides of the check and it is immediately deposited into my account. After a couple of hours trying to get the app along with my people, a call to my banker who also got tech on the line, it turns out that you can't get the app in Germany. So my check is sitting in an envelope waiting to go to the post box.

I'm expecting one more check this year - my SC tax refund. 

Samsung.

Himself did just buy an S7 for me as an upgrade to my S2. I've never bought a phone before other than my throw away that I use in the U.S. I always took his work hand me downs.

ETA - My old sim card won't fit in it.:lol:

2 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Is it true that Donald Trump's name is on the check?

You know, I didn't even look. That is how insignificant it was.

1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

I find that hard to believe. 

You spend every waking hour posting on Toytown about Trump, then claim to not even have looked?

No, that doesn't wash. 

@hellfire99 "Every waking hour?" You must think I sleep a lot.

Have to reiterate that I folded it up and mailed it to the US for my folks to deposit. Just did not look at anything besides the amount and the back for endorsing.

Are you California Friend, Alex?

I hope not!😂

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Just want to share my experience in trying to deposit the stimulus check, as I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. I received mine via snail mail last week. Haven't filed for 2019 yet, though I guess I got it because of 2018's taxes. I've always qualified for full foreign income exclusion, so I didn't have any US direct deposit set up with the IRS. I wasn't really expecting to get a stimulus check, to be honest, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I went to the Deutsche Bank branch at Alexanderplatz in Berlin today to try to deposit it, willing to pay the fee I've seen mentioned a few places. The worker there acknowledged that it was a US economic stimulus check, and I was then told that as of March, Deutsche Bank was no longer accepting US Treasury checks and that I couldn't deposit it. I asked if this was temporary and maybe would be changed in the future, and she told me no, it was new policy and not just temporary. I got the impression that she'd said the same thing dozens of times before, too. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience with other German banks.

My only US account is a small Midwest credit union, and I don't think they have a fancy app for me to use. So... I'll probably be mailing it to the US for my family to deposit.

On 5/16/2020, 12:42:05, hellfire99 said:

You know it.  Forget about Obama Phone, we got us Trump Money now.  DJT.JPG.f6baef45e61ab0cf5f922a583d7d35a2

8 hours ago, ndpjs said:

My only US account is a small Midwest credit union, and I don't think they have a fancy app for me to use. So... I'll probably be mailing it to the US for my family to deposit.

you could probably mail your check right to the credit union for deposit. 

5 minutes ago, DoubleDTown said:

you could probably mail your check right to the credit union for deposit. 

And, in case you didn't know, sign it and put "for deposit only" under your name and then your account number. That's what I would do.

On 5/16/2020, 12:42:05, hellfire99 said:

12 hours ago, DoubleDTown said:

You know it.  Forget about Obama Phone, we got us Trump Money now.  DJT.JPG.f6baef45e61ab0cf5f922a583d7d35a2

Thanks for sharing that, DoubleDTown. 

On 5/16/2020, 12:44:48, AlexTr said:

Yes, I can see now how that would work.  <wink wink

I wonder if anybody refused to accept the money due to the check having Trump's name on it? 

21 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

I wonder if anybody refused to accept the money due to the check having Trump's name on it? 

refusing free money would be unAmerican. 

Putting names on stuff is what politicians do.  Ever noticed it on plaques next to new bridges and so on?  Chicago is a great example.  At positive things like the Blues Festival or Jazz Fest, etc. you'll see staff wearing t-shirts or windbreakers that say "Mayor's Office of Special Events", but the people that give out parking tickets wear uniforms that say "Dept. of Revenue".  

Did anyone turn around and get back on a plane out of Chicago after they saw the mayor's name plastered on the highway leaving the airport?  :-) 

and Chicago's newest mayor, a gay, black, progressive woman Mayor Lightfoot is doing the same thing. 

daley.jpg

Emanuel 4.jpg

changing sign.jpg

lightfoot.jpg

HASPA cleared my Treasury Check within a few days without any hassle and charged me a 40 Euro fee

On 5/24/2020, 9:53:52, DoubleDTown said:

refusing free money would be unAmerican. 

Putting names on stuff is what politicians do.  Ever noticed it on plaques next to new bridges and so on?  Chicago is a great example.  At positive things like the Blues Festival or Jazz Fest, etc. you'll see staff wearing t-shirts or windbreakers that say "Mayor's Office of Special Events", but the people that give out parking tickets wear uniforms that say "Dept. of Revenue".  

Did anyone turn around and get back on a plane out of Chicago after they saw the mayor's name plastered on the highway leaving the airport?  :-) 

and Chicago's newest mayor, a gay, black, progressive woman Mayor Lightfoot is doing the same thing. 

It's always the mayors of the most violent and broken cities in the US who are the most arrogant and proud.

1 hour ago, Fromm said:

HASPA cleared my Treasury Check within a few days without any hassle and charged me a 40 Euro fee

I wonder if the US Treasury and tax payers would be happy giving 3.33% to a German bank.

:lol:

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I wonder if the US Treasury and tax payers would be happy giving 3.33% to a German bank.

:lol:

:lol: That IS CRAZY! My elderly mother actually complained to me about this on the phone. Of all the things to think of with everything else that's going on!  Sheesh!