Toytown Forum equivalent for Italy

11 posts in this topic

hello, i did a search on this and found a thread from the past but alas did not have much info. i am a non-EU person who is going to shipped off to italy in near future and was wondering if there is a decent expat forum out there (other than british expat forum) for italy. i am asking about this here because when i was living in germany years ago i found Toytown to be the best source of info/hangout place for expats, wondering if there is something similar for the unfortunate people who will be sentenced to life in italy. thanks in advance. 

Do you see the orange line at the very top of your page?

- looks like this:

Other sites: Austria, Denmark, France, Italy....

16 hours ago, robinson100 said:

Do you see the orange line at the very top of your page?

- looks like this:

Other sites: Austria, Denmark, France, Italy...

That's for other versions of The Local, not Toytown. I'd personally be interested in a Spanish version of Toytown...

I have checked expatriates.com. Maybe it is useful or you check the Facebook / Instagram communities. I think of buying a few houses when I later move to Sardinia in Italy and tme by time I get further information about holiday homes here as first steps. But I fear I need someone like an insider. But I can imagine to stay in Germany my whole lifetime as well. 

Too good to be true. No such thing as a free dinner. Foreign Investor trap, surely. They make no mention of the local mafia or seismic risk...:ph34r: so the locals just died out or moved to where the jobs were... OOOKKK...

My husband has a coworker who bought two apartments on the eastern side of Italy a few years ago.  It was a good deal for him.  The previous owners left all their furniture, and people in the town have kind of "adopted" them.  There were some hurdles to overcome.  Seems like the worst ones had to do with finding insurance.  Sometimes he goes down to Italy and brings back delightful wines for us.  I'm hoping we can visit... maybe we'll take the plunge, too.  

1 hour ago, knotheadusc said:

There were some hurdles to overcome.  

Guess this is to be expected buying property in any foreign country. Could cover a broad spectrum of issues. 

2 hours ago, optimista said:

Guess this is to be expected buying property in any foreign country. Could cover a broad spectrum of issues. 

Yes, of course, but finding an insurance company was the problem he explicitly mentioned.  Eventually, he got it all sorted.