Soforthilfe 2 Corona Zuschuss recipients - How was your experience so far?

66 posts in this topic

Hello to all Berlin freelancers out-there,

I wanted to start a thread on this topic to see if anybody was ready to share their experience here about this support money?

Personally, i applied for it before the 6th of April cut date, which means that i received 5000€ that i could use also for personal expenses. It took me about 3 business days to receive the money. I found that the IBB took a long time to produce a clear enough FAQ, and clarify what conditions were attached. I still don't really know if there is a definite percentage of business loss that i should experience to be able to prove that i really needed the money.

Anybody would like to share their experience here?

You can also fill in this short poll (less than a min and 3 questions) as well (or instead) https://forms.gle/46pffuWKzEeX2RYY8

I am 39, male, married (my wife is 38).

We both live in Berlin and both are registered as freelancer (100% freelancers, no other jobs. My wife is a Freiberufler as Translator and I am a music composer). Both our jobs took a major hit in February, even before the COVID19 restrictions and basically started earning little to nothing per month. The reason why we got hit is related to people being already in fear (mostly international people we work with, agencies from my wife's side etc. etc. who already knew about the Wuhan situation and started being super cautious about their business or received cuts from their own clients.. and the domino effect hit us).

We heard from a friend that IBB was giving a maximum of 5,000 EUR to people, and a form had to be filled. We get in queue on April 3, we get in the system on April 6 (the electronic queue was big at the time) and after filling the form, we push "send" and we get an error. We try and get back in, no luck, we had to go back to the queue and wait another 24 hours.

We decide to try again but the next day, April 7, we get an email saying that - despite the error - our request had been logged successfully and everything was ok.

We never got the money. Both of us. Nothing.

We waited a week, then we decided to write IBB using their contact form online. We explain the situation. Both my wife and I (we had filed two different requests, two different support requests etc. everything I am writing is always something we did as two separate freelancers) never received any reply from IBB.

After a week and a half we decide to file another request.

On April 27 we both file another form, everything goes smoothly this time. The request for 5,000 EUR is no longer available. Now it's up to 9,000 EUR for our type of work. The system gives us a confirmation number. We wait.

We never got the money. Both of us. Nothing.

We double checked the bank details (Berliner Sparkasse) it's all good. The bank says they are good and everything is normal. We do not have a Steuerberater (accountant) to contact (but we will try this soon anyway) because we do the taxes ourselves. Our tax declarations are in order and all is good with the Finanzamt.

We call IBB, they tell us to file a form in the contact form. We do that, we never got any reply.

On May 11 (as of this post this is "yesterday") we file a third attempt. Everything goes smoothly, we notice the form has changed slightly. We still file a request for 9,000 EUR each and fill the form. We get a confirmation number at the end.

Now we are waiting, we never got any confirmation email (same as we did not get it on the 2nd attempt of April 27) but there is still a chance we get the money tomorrow. However, we are kinda doubtful.

Now, every single person, and I mean EVERY single person I've asked to has told us that this is simply impossible: that every single person they know, included themselves, got the money in no more than 72 hours.

They tell us they do not know of anyone who has not got the money and they even tell us about many cases they aware of, of people asking for:

1.    more money than they were allowed by their type of work (e.g. 15,000 EUR instead of 9,000 EUR)
  2. money even if they live in another country but never did their Ausmeldung (yes these people cheated and got the money even if they are not even living in Germany anymore, but they kept their Anmeldung at some friends' house and pretend they are still here)
  3. money even if they had pensions, other type of public work under contract, other types of support, etc. etc.

and they tell us that they ALL got the money. They all got the money.

As of now, nobody has told us to be in a similar situation nor are we able to understand why we did get in this situation.

Sometimes I've been ashamed to tell this to friends because I've been already made fun of, many times, by some people... and I fear I could get the same treatment. But I have to know why this is happening and in a way I am hoping somebody knows someone who is in our same situation.

We are running out of money. We will be unable to pay rent starting from June and the situation in here is tense: my wife and I often end up fighting as we are very stressed, afraid and obviously tired from all this. We asked for help to the landlord and neighbors and they all told us to write, again, to IBB.

Please understand that I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, I am simply trying to get some kind of help, literally any help will do, on the matter. I cannot fathom why both my wife and I are undergoing this treatment and I am sure there has to be a reason but we are struggling to find it.

If this message reaches anyone willing to just shed some light or opinion, please do. Please don't make fun of us: I've been already told that "you are the only two people in Germany who didn't get the money!" so many times that it just makes me more sad.

I filed for unemployment, I asked for ANY kind of job to my neighbors, I have to find a way to pay rent and eat because as of June, we will be in deep trouble.

Thanks in advance even if you only read this far.

To @OpRez: 

just read this in an article that the financial funds for freelancers has been exhausted because too many people have applied already. 

Also Conditions: In addition to the requirements for the size of the company, care is taken to ensure that the economic difficulties did not exist before the corona crisis. The key date for the occurrence of damage is March 11, 2020. And you mentioned that you had difficulties before that. 

25 minutes ago, OpRez said:

They tell us they do not know of anyone who has not got the money and they even tell us about many cases they aware of, of people asking for:

1.    more money than they were allowed by their type of work (e.g. 15,000 EUR instead of 9,000 EUR)
  2. money even if they live in another country but never did their Ausmeldung (yes these people cheated and got the money even if they are not even living in Germany anymore, but they kept their Anmeldung at some friends' house and pretend they are still here)
  3. money even if they had pensions, other type of public work under contract, other types of support, etc. etc.

8 minutes ago, goodtimezz said:

just read this in an article that the financial funds for freelancers has been exhausted because too many people have applied already.

With so many people scamming the system, it is no wonder that the funds have already run out. @OpRez Don't forget to thank your friends for their dishonesty.

Only the IBB can give you a status update on your application, however, while you are waiting you can try to apply for ALG II at the JobCenter.

You are not alone. I am in a similar situation. My partner and I (also both freelancers in Berlin) got onto the waiting list within a few minutes of each other, like you around the 7th of April. After about three days, my partner was able to submit her application. My time came up immediately afterwards, but when I tried to access the application form I got a message saying my number was no longer valid. I got back in line, waited two more days, and was again told my number was not valid. I tried a third time, managed to file the application, received confirmation that the IBB had received it, then...nothing. My partner received her money within a couple of days of application. I have since used the IBB's contact form three times to ask for the status of my claim. Twice I have received an automated confirmation of receipt but no information. It has occurred to me that, since our applications came from the same IP address, and we share a bank account, perhaps the IBB system "thinks" they are duplicate applications. Unfortunately I know of no way to verify this.

I realise this doesn't help you in any practical way, but perhaps you can take heart in knowing that you're not alone. Good luck.

I once had a problem with the pension fund dragging their feet. After several emails to which I only received an automated confirmation of receipt I went to their local branch in person. They couldn´t help as they were unable to contact the case worker (just as I had been) but suggested I send another email threatening legal action because that would automatically trigger an internal escalation to have my case reviewed by a higher level manager. A week or so later I received payment. I don´t know whether threatening legal action will help in your case (or even whether it really helped in mine) but I´d say it´s worth a try.

52 minutes ago, goodtimezz said:

To @OpRez: 

just read this in an article that the financial funds for freelancers has been exhausted because too many people have applied already

Also Conditions: In addition to the requirements for the size of the company, care is taken to ensure that the economic difficulties did not exist before the corona crisis. The key date for the occurrence of damage is March 11, 2020. And you mentioned that you had difficulties before that. 

I read about their "running out of funds" as well, and that's what I feared. It was surprising to hear from a lot of people that they still got the money even if they requested the funds at the same time as we did or even a bit later.

By difficulties I only meant that we started noticing a decrease in volume of work because of underlying fear from a lot of people. Nothing that made us officially file for unemployment or take official actions against this.

40 minutes ago, engelchen said:

With so many people scamming the system, it is no wonder that the funds have already run out. @OpRez Don't forget to thank your friends for their dishonesty.

Only the IBB can give you a status update on your application, however, while you are waiting you can try to apply for ALG II at the JobCenter.

I am keeping those people in a very special place.

We are contacting IBB today as well, both via email and via a regular written Einschreiben.

Some people told me "ALG II" should be avoided at all costs, but I still have to find out why. Why would they suggest NOT applying for it? Any idea is helpful.

39 minutes ago, sobyrne said:

You are not alone. I am in a similar situation. My partner and I (also both freelancers in Berlin) got onto the waiting list within a few minutes of each other, like you around the 7th of April. After about three days, my partner was able to submit her application. My time came up immediately afterwards, but when I tried to access the application form I got a message saying my number was no longer valid. I got back in line, waited two more days, and was again told my number was not valid. I tried a third time, managed to file the application, received confirmation that the IBB had received it, then...nothing. My partner received her money within a couple of days of application. I have since used the IBB's contact form three times to ask for the status of my claim. Twice I have received an automated confirmation of receipt but no information. It has occurred to me that, since our applications came from the same IP address, and we share a bank account, perhaps the IBB system "thinks" they are duplicate applications. Unfortunately I know of no way to verify this.

I realise this doesn't help you in any practical way, but perhaps you can take heart in knowing that you're not alone. Good luck.

Oh my, I am sorry to hear that but you are the FIRST person, after over one month, who said they did not get the money right away (did you get it, in the end? I seem to understand you are still waiting). I thank you for sharing this because - whether or not other people lied - it helps taking heart, for sure. We also used the same IP Address (two computers) and filed requests on the same day, but we got the confirmation (only the first time we applied, after that web site error.. as I wrote we were notified that "our request had been take care of anyway"). However, in your case, at least one of the two got the money and the other is stuck (you), but we did not get anything at all. Still, the "same IP" thing is an idea, but why would anyone program such a faulty system knowing that there could be people living together, in one home, one computer, that both need to apply for it and given the long queues, they could happen to end up filing the form in the time frame where they had the same IP address? This is a major programming mistake (if that happened).

24 minutes ago, jeba said:

I once had a problem with the pension fund dragging their feet. After several emails to which I only received an automated confirmation of receipt I went to their local branch in person. They couldn´t help as they were unable to contact the case worker (just as I had been) but suggested I send another email threatening legal action because that would automatically trigger an internal escalation to have my case reviewed by a higher level manager. A week or so later I received payment. I don´t know whether threatening legal action will help in your case (or even whether it really helped in mine) but I´d say it´s worth a try.

Thanks for sharing. It could be useful. We might threaten legal action on the fact that we did not get any reply. A negative reply with a reason is still valid, we demand a reply, not the funding on its own. But we need - given the drastic situation we are all in and the measures that were put in place by THEM (which we only made use of and we actually righteously fit their intended purpose).

One of my neighbours is self-employed and although he applied for his support money as soon as it was announced, he didn't get it until last week. Another neighbour applied at the same time and got it within a few days. 

8 minutes ago, bramble said:

One of my neighbours is self-employed and although he applied for his support money as soon as it was announced, he didn't get it until last week. Another neighbour applied at the same time and got it within a few days. 

Oh thanks for the info! There might be a chance they are still sorting all of us out.. I really, really hope this is the case. Hope springs eternal. Will contact IBB anyway just to make sure we know what this is about.

The term for the Corona Zuschuss requests end on May 31 and we are really, really scared of that deadline :)

45 minutes ago, OpRez said:

We might threaten legal action on the fact that we did not get any reply. A negative reply with a reason is still valid, we demand a reply, not the funding on its own.

You don't have a legal right to funding (ein Rechtsanspruch auf eine Förderung besteht nicht), therefore, threatening with legal action is counterproductive.

1 minute ago, engelchen said:

You don't have a legal right to funding (ein Rechtsanspruch auf eine Förderung besteht nicht), therefore, threatening with legal action is counterproductive.

Got it, thanks for the additional info!

@OpRez I'm sorry you are in this very difficult situation. I'm afraid I can't help but I can tell you they were tracking IP addresses. When I applied, I was having problems with my router. It would just drop them come back on again a few minutes later. Every time it can back on- I was still in the same place in the waiting line so they must have been tracking the IP. I hope you hear from the IBB soon. 

I can't help with the ALG II either. I just know they are very strict (understandably). They are supposed to have made it a bit easier in these COVID times. Here is some info in English if it help. 

https://www.redtapetranslation.com/how-not-to-go-broke-as-a-freelancer-in-germany-during-covid-19/

Thanks @red makeup bag and @evildudette. You getting in here and writing to me is already a huge help and means so much even if it seems so little from the outside. We've sent two letters (one each), my wife and I, to IBB asking for more information, not threatening anything but just asking. We put a very strict and precise history of what we did and how, with the associated ID codes for each queue and each form we filled. We sent both as Einschreiben. Hopefully, in some time, we will know something from them.

I promise I will keep you up as soon as I have news! Let's keep the dialog open and if anyone has anything to add, please do! You're always welcome.

@ OpRez

I looked for more information on this topic and found this site : 

https://www.erfolg-als-freiberufler.de/corona-kredite-selbststaendige-freiberufler/

again it said that you will be considered if you did not have any financial trouble before   " 31.12.2019 ". Now you said that you meant you didn't need any  unemployment benefits or take official actions against  it but I doubt that is what they mean because nothing of the sort has been mentioned in any of the articles. 

For your sake I of course hope that you get the Zuschuss because this is a difficult time. Wish you the best! 

@goodtimezz We went through our case again with an accountant and everything is in order, we are 100% among those who are eligible. I am confident we will get the funds but the background checks are now incredibly deep (so we were told). I'll keep you up!

UPDATE

I received an update via email, yesterday at 9:40PM. This was in reference to my very first email that I sent out on April 16, after 10 days from my initial 5,000 EUR request that happened on April 6th (I know, weird because starting from April 1st they say the Berlin-fund was dry and they had moved things to the Federal-fund type of things.. weird, but that's how it was).

I quote:

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Ihr Antrag auf Gewährung von Soforthilfe II ist Bestandteil einer Stichprobe. Es handelt sich hierbei um Standardverfahren, bei denen eine manuelle Prüfung erfolgt. Diese kann einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen.  

Sollten wir im Rahmen der Prüfung weitere Informationen und Unterlagen benötigen, melden wir uns bei Ihnen. 

Aufgrund des hohen Antragsaufkommens bitten wir an dieser Stelle um Ihre Geduld und gleichzeitig darum, auf Nachfragen bei den Hotlines sowie per E-Mail bzw. über das Kontaktformular zu Ihrem Bearbeitungsstand zu verzichten. Wir tun alles, um Ihren Antrag so schnell wie möglich zu bearbeiten.  

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis

Investitionsbank Berlin

So it seems I was put in a kind "sample pool" that will be tested more thoroughly. It's so great that my proverbial luck in life has never come to pass. Anyway (and more seriously): I'll keep you up when something new happens!

Hello everyone and hi @OpRez 

my boyfriend is in the same situation as you, and after filing 2 contact forms, he received the same 'sample pool' mail on friday. Did you get the money since?

thanks!

On 5/25/2020, 1:05:16, blopus said:

Hello everyone and hi @OpRez 

my boyfriend is in the same situation as you, and after filing 2 contact forms, he received the same 'sample pool' mail on friday. Did you get the money since?

thanks!

Hello there! Sorry to hear it! NO, both my wife and I have not received any money nor have we received any further communication from anyone.

On another note, we are trying to apply for a private S-Private credit from Berliner Sparkasse (our bank) and .. lo and behold, we receive a constant "sorry, but for technical problems.." (see attachment).

I wonder why this technical-bad-luck keeps following us. I know it's speculation but.. does anyone think this might be actually some kind of "technique"? Bear with me, I am grasping at straws but it's tough to not vent a little bit every now and then given the situation.

My wife and I got so paranoid about the whole situation that we just requested today our own SCHUFA credit report, by paying 29.99 euros each to know what the f is going on :)

We wrote the bank and this is their reply:

Sehr geehrter...

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Wir bedauern sehr, dass wir Ihnen auf unserer Internetseite kein Kreditangebot zur Verfügung stellen konnten.

Bitte wenden Sie sich mit Ihrem Kreditwunsch an Ihren Kundenberater in der zuständigen Sparkasse. Er verfügt über individuelle Möglichkeiten, mit Ihnen ein persönliches auf Ihre Wünsche und finanziellen Verhältnisse abgestimmtes Angebot zu erstellen, sofern dies unter Bonitätsaspekten möglich ist.  Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis, dass wir Ihnen im Internet über Ablehnungsgründe aus Datenschutzgründen keine weiteren Auskünfte erteilen.

Gern reservieren wir für Ihre Kreditanfrage einen Termin in Ihrer Wunschfiliale der örtlichen Sparkasse. Unsere Kontaktdaten finden Sie am Ende dieser Nachricht.

Bei weiteren Fragen nutzen Sie gern unser Kontaktformular unter https://www.s-kreditpartner.de/kontakt/ .

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sallina Philippi

Service-Center S-Kreditpartner

www.s-kreditpartner.de 
www.twitter.com/s_kreditpartner 
www.facebook.com/s.kreditpartner 
www.instagram.com/s_kreditpartner
www.xing.com/companies/s-kreditpartnergmbh

Wir suchen Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) für alle Standorte! Alle vakanten Stellen finden Sie unter https://www.s-kreditpartner.de/karriere/stellenangebote/

Ein Unternehmen der Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Geschäftsführer: Heinz-Günter Scheer, Jan Welsch

Unternehmenssitz: Berlin

Handelsregister beim Amtsgericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg/Berlin

Handelsregister-Nummer: Reg.-Nr.: HRB 134899 B

USt. ID-Nr.: DE 277153022

Finanzamt: Städtisches Finanzamt Berlin

Zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde für die Zulassung:

Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin), Graurheindorfer Straße 108, 53117 Bonn

Zuständige Aufsichtsbehörde für den Verbraucherschutz:

Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin) Graurheindorfer Straße 108, 53117 Bonn und Marie-Curie-Str. 24-28, 60439 Frankfurt am Main, www.bafin.de

Hinweis: Diese E-Mail und/oder die Anhänge sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt.

Jegliche Durchsicht, Weitergabe oder Kopieren dieser E-Mail ist strengstens verboten. Wenn Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte unverzüglich den Absender und vernichten Sie die Nachricht und alle Anhänge. Vielen Dank.

Apparently, even Berliner Sparkasse, which was advertising people to give credit without any SCHUFA etc. (see attachment) in a matter of seconds (even if at steep interest rates, in my opinion) is having "technical difficulties".

Good old Germany, so efficient. Pardon my French.

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 15.49.39.png

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 15.54.22.png