Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tax declaration - University tuition fees

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the possibility to include the tuition fees in the tax declaration.

Is it possible to include the tuition fee if you used a foreign bank account for the payment? Does it have to be a German bank account the one used to transfer/pay the money to the university?
For example the university is in Spain and I use my Spanish bank account to transfer the money to the university. Am I able to claim that money in the tax declaration in Germany?

Some additional info, I am not a resident in Spain, but in Germany. I did the tax declaration already here last year.

Thank you.

Hi, in my experience is ok, doesn't matter where the course was made or the money to pay for said course is deposited.

Of course, needs to be work related, correct? if you are a doctor and want to get the tuition fee of a scuba diving course you wont go far :)

The last 2 years I have included online training and books on my tax declaration and no problem.

Of course I am not a tax advisor, just used www.wundertax.de 

Hi, I'm very sorry for the post invasion but I just want to make sure that I understood right – while doing the tax declaration, is it possible to add expenses for university and/or courses that one attended abroad, and therefore be able to deduct them? Obviously I'm talking about work-related fees, such as courses to improve or expand one's skills.

Thanks! :)

Yes, that is possible, for university tuition fees (MBA for example) or other work-related courses to improve your skills.