UNHCR

6 posts in this topic

I´m annoyed by the fact that after donating to the UNHCR I received an email asking for my physical adress so that they could send me a thank you letter.

I don´t want my money to be wasted for writing thank you letters. I´ll never donate to them again.

I suspect it would not just be a thank you letter, most likely a load of further requests on a regular basis for donations, plus they will most likely sell your details (in the name of charity of course) to other organisations who pursue generous people for donations to other charities. Leaches all of them!

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

I suspect it would not just be a thank you letter, most likely a load of further requests on a regular basis for donations, plus they will most likely sell your details (in the name of charity of course) to other organisations who pursue generous people for donations to other charities. Leaches all of them!

I wouldn´t even mind that per se. But why can´t they do it via email?

My Uncle was the cheif auditor in Geneva for the UNHCR... 

when it comes to their year end, they have surplus of certain items that need to be disposed of.. lots of this can be stationary related items...  

Rather than Burn it, the sent out silly letters etc etc... 

14 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

when it comes to their year end, they have surplus of certain items that need to be disposed of

Why so? Or is it the end of the fiscal year and they can't ask for more money if they haven't spent the last year's money? I worked on a government job like that. 

I dont know why... He was the auditor...

I cant ask him either, he has been pushing up daisies for 10 yrs or so... 

Maybe it was specifically printed letters? dated 2020 and it turned 2023 or sommat...  Maybe it was old stamps that were about to go out of circulation...   

Its one reason I fit Satellite antenna...   Its often less complicated.