The "UP Side" of Quarantine

132 posts in this topic

"Mom's Taxi" is in the shop being repaired is how my niece put it to me. She's on home office while husband is laid off and they are simply loving it! They can't get over how crazy busy modern life is and how much their enjoying being stuck at home. Interesting is the kids, younger son, 9 years old is simply loving it, said he'd be happy if it never changed, older son more not so much, he's more of an people person. 

Reading loads of comments from people who can't believe how much better life is without a that 3 hour daily commute!

For myself as an English teacher it was an adjust to doing online class but again getting up at 7.30 and having 2 hours before class starts is really nice! No drive, park, walk, train, train walk!!!! 

1 hour ago, katheliz said:

Up side of quarantine: developing new skills!

That was posted on TT a few days ago...

48 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

".... how much their enjoying being stuck at home. ... an people person. 

... without a that 3 hour daily commute!

For myself as an English teacher

Oh dear, poor kids / students.

16 minutes ago, Malt-Teaser said:

Oh dear, poor kids / students.

Not even spell check can catch errors like that :lol:

I've been working on my German grammar every single day after work (Home Office), found myself a speach therapist to work on my accent as well as working out really regularly (3 / 4 times a week as well as a nice walk in the woods once a week).

We've also been saving more money now that we can't go to restaurants or travel. I miss travelling, but it's nice watching our savings account getting nice and fat.

11 hours ago, Rushrush said:

Not even spell check can catch errors like that :lol:

Proofreading can. :D 

11 hours ago, SpongeOver said:

We've also been saving more money now that we can't go to restaurants or travel. I miss travelling, but it's nice watching our savings account getting nice and fat.

So why is there going to be a big recession after this is over as an awful lot of people are in the same boat as you.

I have more energy. I sleep well and don't rush around. 

Unfortunately, Trump has opened up the national parks and people have been attacked by bears, bison, etc. who were taking their space back.

My upside today is realizing that everybody has beautiful eyes. It occurred to me when I went out that I have never made so much eye contact before. It felt almost spiritual.