Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stop the spread of Moronavirus on Toytown

38 posts in this topic

In contrary to Coronavirus, there is a well documented Cure for this :lol: :

wmw8w9ebctsz.jpg.e89d857d15d09e86dbfab9a

20 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

As I said, if I want information about this matter, the last place I would come to is Toytown.

So why are you here?

Slippery slope.

As I said: 

Where's the limit and when does opinion become potentially harmful information? 

You sound like a member of GOP, like anything that doesn't allow you to say or do what you want irrespective of the greater good is to be questioned

21 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

You don't know who Jim Jones is/was ??? REALLY? I'm disappointed.  (Hint: He had an - um - community named after himself)

But I never heard of the other guy either.

Right, I do know the Kool Aid guy but not the other.

7 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Dan Patrick is Lieutenant Governor of Texas. A day or two ago, he said we should all get back to work and let all the old people die, claiming that "lots" of grandparents would be more than willing to make that sacrifice for their families and for America.

covid philospher.JPG

42 minutes ago, French bean said:

So why are you here?

I'm here for the entertainment and to kill some time. 

Why are you here? 

42 minutes ago, French bean said:

You sound like a member of GOP, like anything that doesn't allow you to say or do what you want irrespective of the greater good is to be questioned

My question has triggered you and you have now tried to associate me with the GOP.  

Let's try again and see if you can give a more balanced answer. 

Also, it was more in line with what I said earlier about the moderation team not being experts. Where do they draw the line with what is posted? You are asking them to make decisions based on what exactly? 

The OP, El Jeffo, is upset with Jeremy's posts. He always has been and always will be. That we know. But you are asking the moderation team to make post removal decisions based on what? Arbitrary decisions by the looks of it or do you expect the moderation team quickly bone up on virology? 

It's actually a very good question which is why the hard of thinking don't understand it. 

23 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Dan Patrick is Lieutenant Governor of Texas. A day or two ago, he said we should all get back to work and let all the old people die, claiming that "lots" of grandparents would be more than willing to make that sacrifice for their families and for America.

"Don't sacrifice the economy," said the shitheel.

I thouht you meant the sports analyst at first and was confused. I had heard about the lt. gov of TX but didn't know the asshole's name. 

Look at the bright side of all those old people dying.  Trump will have more difficulty getting elected, as you [mostly] can't vote from the grave. 

TT needs shadow bans, not sure if the forum software allow it.   It has been proved to be very effective in Reddit for years.   Shadowban is a ban in which the banned user does not realize he is banned, his messages will continue showing up to him and only him, so other people do not see his messages.   

Of course J2 will use his alt accounts to check if he is shadowbanned or not and he will miss his HF98 likes, but it will be more work to keep him entertained.   Maybe he will develop an SQL-C#-PHP-Rails-Script-VB-BIG-DATA App to automate everything.  No, he won't.

22 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Certain users (who shall remain nameless, although TT regulars know who they are) just can't seem to help themselves from posting irrelevant or even potentially harmful information on coronavirus threads (the actual virus threads, not the meme/flummox/entertainment threads).

Why don`t you just say what you feel? Anyone who disagrees with me should be banned.

Also stop using the Conoravrus as an excuse to get people banned or put on pre.mod.

40 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

I'm here for the entertainment and to kill some time. 

Why are you here? 

The same as you, we just have a different idea about what is entertaining.

40 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

My question has triggered you and you have now tried to associate me with the GOP.  

Let's try again and see if you can give a more balanced answer. 

I based my answer on what you had written in that it came across as questioning some perceived wisdom or cause of action, to be critical as if it had a personal bearing on how you will do things. Very much how I perceive the Republicans whenever someone makes a suggestion that will help a large number of people and yet impact very lightly on them personally. Medicare comes to mind.

6 minutes ago, Krieg said:

TT needs shadow bans, not sure if the forum software allow it.   It has been proved to be very effective in Reddit for years.   Shadowban is a ban in which the banned user does not realize he is banned, his messages will continue showing up to him and only him, so other people do not see his messages.   

Of course J2 will use his alt accounts to check if he is shadowbanned or not and he will miss his HF98 likes, but it will be more work to keep him entertained.   Maybe he will develop an SQL-C#-PHP-Rails-Script-VB-BIG-DATA App to automate everything.  No, he won't.

That seems like a lot of work just to block, Jeremy. And after he is blocked we'll no doubt have to listen to you guys bumping your gums about him ad infinitum. 

1 minute ago, French bean said:

The same as you, we just have a different idea about what is entertaining.

That's always the case. Some people like Strictly Come Dancing while others like Songs Of Praise with Aled Jones.   But great question, Frenchy. 

4 minutes ago, French bean said:

I based my answer on what you had written in that it came across as questioning some perceived wisdom or cause of action, to be critical as if it had a personal bearing on how you will do things. Very much how I perceive the Republicans whenever someone makes a suggestion that will help a large number of people and yet impact very lightly on them personally. Medicare comes to mind.

Why do you think it came across to you like that, then?  You being an Englishman in Germany and seeming to have a predisposition for framing things in a Republican light? 

It's possible. NPR in Seattle will no longer broadcast its Corona virus press conferences.

On 25.3.2020, 11:21:34, hellfire99 said:

That seems like a lot of work just to block, Jeremy. And after he is blocked we'll no doubt have to listen to you guys bumping your gums about him ad infinitum. 

He certainly gets a kick of stirring up shit, but if anyone is worried about casual lurkers being swayed by his posts, don't you think they'd also read the overwhelming response to them as well?  Besides, nothing he posts is original, it's all culled from sites that are the real problem on the internet.  Attack the source, not their deluded minions. 

44 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Is that because you have had your mod status restored?

2 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Is that because you have had your mod status restored?

Seriously GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY