Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stop the spread of Moronavirus on Toytown

37 posts in this topic

Maybe the repeat offenders could post here to enlighten the masses, leaving the Corona thread for the big boys.

But yes @El Jeffo is totally right. I wasn't thinking of search success, just people like me linking the Corona thread from a local thread.

Google search has opened up the search possibilities for all medical advice.

But, unless you choose reputable sites and have some medical background,  it can be easy to misinterpret research results. 

28 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Given that all warnings to the contrary are being regularly ignored, I respectfully ask once again that these users be put on mod preview until the situation becomes less acute. Not only will this result in fewer reports to moderators concerning fuckwit posts, it will also discourage the repeat offenders from continuing to repeat their offenses, because they'll realize it's pointless at some point (yes, I'm probably being too optimistic here).

*clap* *clap* *clap* Hear, hear!!

Slippery slope.

As I said: 

On 3/20/2020, 9:40:09, hellfire99 said:

That seems to imply that the moderation team are now experts on the virus.  There is some obvious dingbattery being posted but unless I am mistaken, the moderation team are neither virologists nor experts in virology.

So it is probably better sticking to official advice from the government than the...ahem...advice dispensed on Toytown.  

Where's the limit and when does opinion become potentially harmful information? 

1 minute ago, hellfire99 said:

Basically, the second when trolls like you turn up and start posting.

*puts HF firmly back on ignore*

31 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Slippery slope.

As I said: 

I could be with you if this was not J2 we are talking about.   Check his posts, it is literally crap.   

When does opinion become harmful?

That's about the dumbest, most ignorant, and most tone deaf question that could be asked by a supposed adult in these times.

Look, unless you're  Dan Patrick and think dying isn't that big of a deal, how about we set the bar at when the disinformation and outright mindless fuckery could get anyone who believed it killed? Is that a good enough standard or are we going full Jim Jones?

7 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I could be with you if this was not J2 we are talking about.   Check his posts, it is literally crap.   

To be honest, I don't bother reading them and I take most other posts with a large pinch of salt.  As I said, if I want information about this matter, the last place I would come to is Toytown. 

2 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

That's about the dumbest, most ignorant, and most tone deaf question that could be asked by a supposed adult in these times.

Why is that then?

Please explain. 

Also, it was more in line with what I said earlier about the moderation team not being experts. Where do they draw the line with what is posted? You are asking them to make decisions based on what exactly? 

6 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Look, unless you're  Dan Patrick and think dying isn't that big of a deal, how about we set the bar at when the disinformation and outright mindless mockery could get anyone who believed it killed? Is that a good enough standard or are we going full Jim Jones?

I've no idea who those two guys are. 

34 minutes ago, Krieg said:

He knows all of that perfectly well.

You do know he's trolling us with questions like that, enjoying it when we twitch.

Don't feed the troll.

We all appreciate your efforts.

I apologize for swerving out of my lane.

Beer's on me at the next meetup - I'll even spring for a Corona if you want it.

Well, I think you are doing an OK job, Dessa. I would have maybe kept a bit more discipline in the Corona threads. For example, simply delete the memes and funnies from the serious Corona thread <frown> until people learn to post them in the less serious Corona thread <cheeky grin>, but like I say, well done. 

El Jeffo, you have already identified the problem. You spend too much time on this site. I see it in others, too. I even had someone bemoaning the fact that I only post now and again.  You people want to have a word with yourselves! 

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

...which is why you only post now and then.

On 3/21/2020, 12:17:47, El Jeffo said:

Spending too long on this site can make you a little jaded sometimes.

Anyways, now that you have accepted you have a problem, you can work out a way to move forward.  

Any ideas what that could be? ;) 

Best wishes from Moscow, erm... Brussels,

Hf99

p.s. Putin sez hi! 

:lol:

6 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

I've no idea who those two guys are. 

Gee. Ya don't say.

7 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

7 hours ago, AlexTr said:

6 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

Why is that then?   Please explain. 

I see you avoided the question. 

10 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

I see you avoided the question. 

It was already answered. If you're not able to grasp it, that is a you problem.

11 hours ago, fraufruit said:

To be fair, I have no idea either and have no lust to look them up.

You don't know who Jim Jones is/was ??? REALLY? I'm disappointed.  (Hint: He had an - um - community named after himself)

But I never heard of the other guy either.