Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The first thread I remember reading on Toytown Germany...

27 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Tap said:

I have one of those prints, it's really lovely and I treasure it, but it's also a sad reminder of that time, which is often the way with art.

I have one of them too.  Very sad train of events that took place back then.

On 23.3.2020, 09:06:38, Tap said:

I have one of those prints, it's really lovely and I treasure it, but it's also a sad reminder of that time, which is often the way with art.

I have one too, and I love it. But I can never look at it without remembering the sadness of the whole situation with Poppet... and then an urge to bake Franzbrötchen overcomes me, which is a recipe Poppet shared with me.

Bringing this back on topic: Sorry, cannot for the life of me remember the first thread I read on TT!

Just now, knotheadusc said:

Who is Poppet?  

Do a TT search for poppet and you will find out.

32 minutes ago, kiplette said:

His most brilliant post, which I can no longer find, and only quote second hand, was this one

Well this is something I felt like doing for ages - today I did it. A HUGE shop all packed on the conveyor belt at ALDI in SITTENSEN. Possibly 60+ items. Just after the customer before me has paid she says 'I'm closed, go to my colleague'.

So I walk straight on and she says 'where are you going?', I said 'to your colleague at LIDL, enjoy re-filling the shelves'.

Poppet 1 ALDI 0

That is hilarious!  I just read up on what happened.  Very sad situation...  but what an amazing community I was a part of any didn’t even realize it.  In 2012, I was living in North Carolina, wishing I was in Germany again.