Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thanks everyone...

61 posts in this topic

I tried to reply to my original post about Jonny, but the software won't allow me to reply.

Jonny was found dead.  He was hit by a car.

Oh, I'm so, so sorry to hear that!  I've been following this since yesterday, hoping for a positive outcome.

You did your very best for him.

Oh no. I just posted on your other thread hoping he'd be found safe today. I'm so, so sorry the worst has happened. 

I want to thank everyone for trying.  This group was a big help.  I think we'll just stick to one dog for now.

31 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

And now we have to figure out who pays for the damage to the car that hit him.

Make a claim on the insurance of the transport company. This is all their fault and you shouldn't be suffering here.

I am so sorry :( what a tragic end to what should have been a happy time for you. Please when you have got over this, and the virus situation is over think about adopting another dog, there are lots out there who need a loving home like you

The rescue asked if we have insurance, but that they would take care of this.  As we signed the papers the night before, we didn’t have a chance to add him to our insurance.  I have a feeling they will go after the driver.

9 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

The rescue asked if we have insurance, but that they would take care of this.  As we signed the papers the night before, we didn’t have a chance to add him to our insurance.  I have a feeling they will go after the driver.

That seems pretty clear, since the dog was never "handed over" and thus was still their responsibility. Or did you sign any kind of receipt?

3 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

That seems pretty clear, since the dog was never "handed over" and thus was still their responsibility. Or did you sign any kind of receipt?

We did sign the contract for him the night before and we paid the fee for him.  However, he was not under our care when he escaped.  The chip was registered with the rescue and the police called them.

Good; you should be clear.

I really meant, I assume that there was some kind of "delivered" thing you have to sign when he arrived, like when you get a package you've paid for. 

No, we didn’t sign a receipt or anything.  There wasn’t a chance.  My husband paid the driver anyway, though the rescue later demanded that she give the money back to him.  Jonny looked scared when she put him down.  I can’t be certain, but it looked like she was using a lasso type leash.  I noticed the loop looked big from where I was standing and I distinctly remember seeing him back out of it before it tightened.

My husband now says that he noticed collars and leads in the vehicle.  He also says the transporter said the harness was too small for him.  I almost wonder if she was ripping off equipment or something.  She didn’t seem to know what to do when he escaped, either.

Oh no, that's terrible news. I'm so sorry. 

We’re sitting here talking about the events that led up to this...  Thursday night, it seemed like it wasn’t going to be possible to get the dog.  My husband offered to pay the adoption fee, but asked if the foster mom could hang onto him until we could go up and get him.  The coordinator said that wasn’t possible because other people were interested in him and travel was becoming a problem up there.  We were at the point of saying we’d just get another dog after the virus crisis passes.

But then she came back and said they could hire the pet taxi.  The lady showed up in a very professional looking car with ads on it and everything.  We figured she’d know what she was doing and assumed the rescue had dealings with her before (and I guess they did).  Why she took him out of the car without having him leashed is beyond me.  I really wished I’d filmed longer than I did.