My Stupidness in Germany

109 posts in this topic

That was a funny story. Keep them coming. Add more details next time, to make the story more colorful. Also, don't forget to self-deprecate your "Americaness" and to laugh about it. Good stuff.

20 hours ago, racerken said:

I have another story.  It's about pulling into a gas station with 3 polizei cars, all standing around eating berliners, and they see my red face.

I can hardly wait! :D

30 minutes ago, racerken said:

I cough at him just to make his day that much better but when he got outside the cabin, he mutters 'nagin schnogin magen schnagen'.  So I initiate cough attack with hands in official pokemon boogie man position, kinda like how you scare kindergarteners at halloween.  It Worked.  I actually enjoy this more than anything now a days - being asian. 

I stopped reading at this point, as your kind of humor isn't compatible with me.  

Whereas I am still laughing. :lol:

keep it up, this thread is great!

@Franklan, I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend anyone.  just releasing stress.  I get stares for being Asian.  I understand the fear.

I stopped reading at his first sentence.  Respect to you. 

The fake cough attacks (along with sudden shouts of "Corona! Arrrgghhhh!") are common antisocial "funny" behavior in Germany. It has gotten so bad that police now intervene, and the behavior was specifically blasted in Bavarian Minister President Söder's speech recently.

Bad choices, dude.

I get it.

It's a bad choice.

I sort of feel this racism because I'm asian.  What, because I'm asian, someone freaks out because I'll infect them, I just sit back and chill?  I guess one could.

I just laugh at it.  

What would you do?  

give me advice and I'll try it and I'll provide feedback because this is the third time this week that people freak out at asians.  I don't run away from Italians. Well, unless they speak, you'd never know they are Italians.  Pretty soon, people will freak out that you are from the US and run away.  When that happens, you'll feel strange.  Like I do.  

1 hour ago, racerken said:

give me advice

Discontinue the "cough at him just to make his day" attitude.

My advice - pay no attention to the tight-asses.   I'm enjoying your commentary.  I have an acquaintance in BW who is Vietnamese-American, and he has similar experiences.

Wait, it's not you, is it?  Car guy?

6 hours ago, franklan said:

I stopped reading at this point, as your kind of humor isn't compatible with me.  

Is there even some humor? If so, I´m missing it.

7 hours ago, kiplette said:

Whereas I am still laughing. :lol:

keep it up, this thread is great!

I agree, @kiplette! Solid gold!

5e76ecf4174f5_goldstar.jpeg.e0d4ee7a7455

I think this thread is hilarious.  I used to live in Stuttgart, so I have an inkling of what you write.  I have had a horrible couple of days, and I really, really need a laugh right now, so thank you very much.  

Keep the stories coming! I woke up, logged in and went right to this. :)