Pregnant black German moving to Berlin for the first time with Kids.

64 posts in this topic

I'm sure there is some kind of homeless shelter that would keep you off the streets but I'm sure it will not be easy.  Eventually you could get Hartz iv and they will pay your rent and health care and a bit of money to live off.  What has to happen until then, I don't know but ppl on Hartz iv generally need to find their own apartment and that can be really difficult in many cities.  After you find it, if the job center approves, they will pay the rent.

 

The transition may be difficult for your 14 year old depending on how much German they speak.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lieblings said:

Ooh ok! Then i will just have to research what smaller cities around Berlin would make more sense. Thanks

As various people have said: Forget Berlin. And "smaller cities around Berlin" will not be any better. If you are serious about this, you need to orient yourself to southern Germany, i.e. Bavaria or Baden-Wuerttemberg.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Sorry, but this is an extremely unlikely scenario, starting with your assertion that you have German nationality because your late husband was German.

 

That's not how nationality works, at least not in Germany.

 

If you're real, I wish you the best of luck, but you should know that Berlin is suffering from a huge housing shortage even among the able-bodied. If you come here, no one will help you and no one will grant you temporary accommodation. Your plans would be irresponsible even if we weren't in the grip of a global pandemic. Given the current state of things, they're simply insane.

 

Which brings us back to the unlikely part.

 

3 minutes ago, the.frollein said:

As various people have said: Forget Berlin. And "smaller cities around Berlin" will not be any better. If you are serious about this, you need to orient yourself to southern Germany, i.e. Bavaria or Baden-Wuerttemberg.

Bavaria! I never knew housing down there was cheap. But i am extremely serious about this decision and i will do some research. I need an area where I can also work after birth. I am someone who loves working to earn a little more money.Thanks for the advice. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I'm sure there is some kind of homeless shelter that would keep you off the streets but I'm sure it will not be easy.  Eventually you could get Hartz iv and they will pay your rent and health care and a bit of money to live off.  What has to happen until then, I don't know but ppl on Hartz iv generally need to find their own apartment and that can be really difficult in many cities.  After you find it, if the job center approves, they will pay the rent.

 

The transition may be difficult for your 14 year old depending on how much German they speak.  

 

 

Thanks for the advice. We all speak German. And my 14 year old very fluent. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, the.frollein said:

If you are serious about this, you need to orient yourself to southern Germany, i.e. Bavaria or Baden-Wuerttemberg.

 

Is that because there are more jobs? Not because housing is cheaper I don't think? Just trying to keep it clear for the OP, who is listening to advice (amazeballs), and therefore deserves the best.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiplette said:

Is that because there are more jobs? Not because housing is cheaper I don't think? Just trying to keep it clear for the OP, who is listening to advice (amazeballs), and therefore deserves the best.

 

Definitely for jobs I'd think.  Trying to find housing in Munich is crazy and Stuttgart is not much better.  You can find housing in Salzgitter but unemployment is around 10% :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Who would hire a woman with four children?

2. Where do the relatives of you late husband lives? I think you need support.

3. If I would have to move to Germany and need a job, I would look at a map with the unemployment rate and go to an area where it is low. Bavaria etc.

    But Berlin? Some people call it the Reichhauptslum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

Definitely for jobs I'd think.  Trying to find housing in Munich is crazy and Stuttgart is not much better.  You can find housing in Salzgitter but unemployment is around 10% :D 

Ooh God!Now I am lost. 😭Anyway , my priority is a busy area where one can easily get jobs. Going to a dead zone like Meerbusch or Ergste where i previously lived before in Germany with very little job opportunities is very frustrating. I must find a suitable balance . Thanks for the advice 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How quickly do you think you're going to get a job with twin infants and a 2-year-old at home?

 

You say you lived in Germany long enough to get citizenship, but have no idea how life here works. Sorry, but this still doesn't make much sense. Where did you live in Germany?

 

Do you speak German and do you have any qualifications? Where do you expect to find work, particularly given your family situation?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's cut to the chase:  what kind of work are you able to do?  with new twins at home no less.  If you're just planning to go on Harz IV go for the cheapest location.  if you want to work, you've got some serious considerations outside of location (though of course location matters wrt kita availability etc) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lieblings said:

Ooh God!Now I am lost. 😭Anyway , my priority is a busy area where one can easily get jobs. Going to a dead zone like Meerbusch or Ergste where i previously lived before in Germany with very little job opportunities is very frustrating. I must find a suitable balance . Thanks for the advice 

 

You probably wont be working for a while anyway.  You'll be taking care of your kids while they are small.  Hartz iv has no problem with ppl not working while the kids are under 3.  Once they are 3 and go to day care, you would be expected to work part time.  What is your profession?

 

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

If you're just planning to go on Harz IV go for the cheapest location.  if you want to work, you've got some serious considerations outside of location (though of course location matters wrt kita availability etc) 

 

Well, going for the cheapest location is a point but at some point if she wants to work, it'll be difficult on Hartz iv to save up the money to move to a better location.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnswerToLife42 said:

1. Who would hire a woman with four children?

2. Where do the relatives of you late husband lives? I think you need support.

3. If I would have to move to Germany and need a job, I would look at a map with the unemployment rate and go to an area where it is low. Bavaria etc.

    But Berlin? Some people call it the Reichhauptslum.

Looking at your point 1, I would have been tempted to get angry but I wouldn’t.

Have you never seen a woman with 5 kids working? It depends on how well you can organize yourself.If not , consider me one of those women who will not receive no for any interview regarding/demanding my competence.I am always willing to work and from my past history in between my struggles and having my kids, I have always been working either from home or odd jobs when I could. 

As for your point two, the only support I need now is what I asked for. A knowledge about areas with affordable housing to get settled and start from there. If it’s extra support as to ,, Tagesmutter and child care, that will be investigated and taken care of when I am settled.

i don’t need a job immediately. I need shelter. 
anyway, thanks for your contributions and as for Berlin i would reconsider the city based on the information at hand.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manchester has a lot of jobs. 3 million people in Greater Manchester and a lot of work. I know people who are moved there from Berlin and did well. They are 'orginally black' too and still are. I would stay there.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

You probably wont be working for a while anyway.  You'll be taking care of your kids while they are small.  Hartz iv has no problem with ppl not working while the kids are under 3.  Once they are 3 and go to day care, you would be expected to work part time.  What is your profession?

 

 

Well, going for the cheapest location is a point but at some point if she wants to work, it'll be difficult on Hartz iv to save up the money to move to a better location.

 

Thanks Lisa and Leon. I am still learning how to reply messages here so hopefully I am doing it right. @Leon; i will definitely not want to wait for this 3 years and depend on Hart 4 . I am a Cyber Security Analyst, but considering my past work history, I have been working as a part time model, a customer service or cashier at Jamie Oliver, affiliate marketing representative for products . So these are jobs I could do all at once and achieve a moderate salary where I could Safe some money.Despite my struggles in life, I am very positive and determined so i like working and achieving my goals . Thanks for the advice

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, black1 said:

Manchester has a lot of jobs. 3 million people in Greater Manchester and a lot of work. I know people who are moved there from Berlin and did well. They are 'orginally black' too and still are. I would stay there.

Yes! you are very right. But security is a big issue. If you have stayed in Germany before then you will be able to compare the difference and understand the alarm. Lots of mental health people in the streets and buses. Daughter was attacked in the bus twice in the midst other people as the culprit wanted to seize her phone. Stabbing at the shopping centers ( metal health people stabbing), my daughter was in a gymnasium in Germany, she was also excited moving to Manchester for a Change after my mans death but since we came here she complains that the students fight regularly, the study plan is not effective enough, and she advised me we move back since as we haven’t been here that long instead of settling here and she’s not happy with her school and security. As a mum, what would you expect me do? Stay here and enjoy the benefits of the job offers when my kids are not safe? Better I come back to Germany where i am already used to the system .And my kids are happy. Even if I earn little. Thanks for the advice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of good advice and comments for you. Do not take offence at any remarks- take the positive ideas!

You will arrive with 2 children and pregnant with twins- all good wishes. You will have no job, and no possibility of work till your babes are older.   ( No pets?!)

Finding a landlord to rent a place anywhere may be very tough.

Listen to others, engelchen has good knowledge of the system here.

As a German citizen, you  may apply for benefits. Might be a question of the father of your children required to pay as well. Not an expert or lawyer, just looking at factors you need to research.

 

Good luck.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

How quickly do you think you're going to get a job with twin infants and a 2-year-old at home?

 

You say you lived in Germany long enough to get citizenship, but have no idea how life here works. Sorry, but this still doesn't make much sense. Where did you live in Germany?

 

Do you speak German and do you have any qualifications? Where do you expect to find work, particularly given your family situation?

I really do not know if you really want to understand my immediate need  and advice me on that or you want to judge me. Read properly! Adding a word or substracting could change an entire meaning. I will answer your doubts though.

Have 3 infants doesn‘ t limit you from making an extra income if you want. you can organise yourself and do anything as long as you are willing.If you are competent and have a child care allocation, you will get a job. Jobs don‘t depend on your number of Kids. Jobs depend on your willingness , brains, competence and personality compared to the description.I have not asked for help here on how to look for a job or childcare help. I am asking on information about quick/cheap housing possibilities. I believe in handling things stage by stage . That’s why I am able to handle the rest of the stages once I can have a shelter. Do I make more sense to you now? 
Secondly I never said I have lived in Germany long enough. I said NOT long enough.And I have never been in a situation of need like this so I know very little about social assistance.

There are lots of customer service jobs in Germany. It just depends on how you present your cv, how willing you are to work and organise yourself. So how I intend to get work. Just leave that to me . I am more interested in researching on how to get quick accommodation on my return . I will handle the rest when I have a roof on my head. Thanks for your reply . 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arunadasi said:

Why does it have to be near Berlin?

You know my focus was Berlin knowing who I am, how much I can get out of the city as far as jobs are concerned. I can go to any other dead zone but then I will have to fully depend on the government and I will not be able to meet my saving goals and targets. Thanks for the inquiries

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now