Frankfurt's comics and games store asking for help

15 posts in this topic

The T3 Terminal Entertainment Games and Comics store is asking for support keeping their heads above the water as the store is currently closed (no opening = no sales = no money to pay the bills, presumably).

Here is their request. DISCLAIMER: I do not work for this store, I don’t and couldn’t guarantee their offer of a 100 euro voucher per 75 euro contribution. I’m only passing this along.

https://t3ffm.com/2020/03/17/support-us/

7D85F009-AFF8-46F3-A79C-BB20D5FB7525.jpeg

You do realize that hundreds of thousands of shops in the world have shut down and millions are out of work and not just those who sell comics?

In these days, crowd funding or begging has to be for those really in need.

Many warnings about phishing scams for money, Virus miracle cures etc. 

I had one this am- " A Simple Housewife in some backwater US state has  discovered a miracle cure for Covid-19. Just click the link for your free sample".  ;)

17 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

In these days, crowd funding or begging has to be for those really in need.

Many warnings about phishing scams for money, Virus miracle cures etc. 

I had one this am- " A Simple Housewife in some backwater US state has  discovered a miracle cure for Covid-19. Just click the link for your free sample".  ;)

Again, I’m not an employee but I do know these folks and I wouldn’t post it if I thought it was a scam. I do know what kind of crap is out there. I know how much hard work these people put in to the store daily. Just offering a chance to be a good neighbor to a Frankfurt treasure it’s something you value.

I’m assuming you haven’t checked the link to their website, verified their business details etc, or bothered to contact them or search the web to see if they’re genuine.

48 minutes ago, catjones said:

You do realize that hundreds of thousands of shops in the world have shut down and millions are out of work and not just those who sell comics?

No, I thought this was the only store in Frankfurt.

its a small business, not a huge chain with cash, insurance, other branches to work in, etc. it’s basically a couple of dedicated people working hard to feed their families and provide much needed escape (offline!) in an overstressed world.

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

I can't grasp what their business model is, at all

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mate, it’s comic books and collectibles, there’s next to no profit margin.

check out those Big Bang theory episodes with Stuart. It’s exaggerated but not toooooo far from the truth!!!!!

then I can't grasp why they don't have an online shop.

I'm sorry but especially in limited interest sectors, you have to work it.

One idea scraped off of Twitter:  encourage businesses you want to support to offer gift certificates.  

Then they have money to endure the bad times.  

14 hours ago, balticus said:

One idea scraped off of Twitter:  encourage businesses you want to support to offer gift certificates.  

Then they have money to endure the bad times.  

This is literally like a gift certificate. Except that you get 100 bucks worth of goods for 75 bucks.

14 hours ago, lisa13 said:

then I can't grasp why they don't have an online shop.

I'm sorry but especially in limited interest sectors, you have to work it.

The interest is there. A lot of people prefer to have a local shop with events, personal touches and tbh stuff that you simply can’t get online. And the amount of work that goes into an online store would be more than it would cost tbh.

this is a community business that does well when the people can visit in person, hence why they took the responsible step of shutting the doors! Normally they get a lot of footfall.

They could also start to raffle off their most expensive/rare items and quickly set up an online shop or turn to ebay.

Thanks for posting this. I've passed it onto my board-gamey/comicy friends.

Whilst it's possible that they could start selling things online by drawing up a list of games and stock, running it through email and using paypal, it would still require enough people to know about it to make it worthwhile. It also assumes that their staff are (and continue to be) well enough to work.

Even if I can find something cheaper online, I try to either buy/order from them as I want to support them. They're always friendly and happy to offer me a lot of information about what games are available (beyond their stock) and their experiences with different games.

On 3/19/2020, 1:21:54, black1 said:

They could also start to raffle off their most expensive/rare items and quickly set up an online shop or turn to ebay.

I’m sure they have thought of everything mate.

22 hours ago, dpatz said:

Thanks for posting this. I've passed it onto my board-gamey/comicy friends.

Whilst it's possible that they could start selling things online by drawing up a list of games and stock, running it through email and using paypal, it would still require enough people to know about it to make it worthwhile. It also assumes that their staff are (and continue to be) well enough to work.

Even if I can find something cheaper online, I try to either buy/order from them as I want to support them. They're always friendly and happy to offer me a lot of information about what games are available (beyond their stock) and their experiences with different games.

Thanks for spreading word!

And thanks for the common sense. Anyone who knows how retail works knows it’s not possible to just randomly sell off your entire stock online overnight.