Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Corona Restrictions

46 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, kato said:

It's a semi-wartime footing. We're not quite yet at the level Bavaria is at.

Bavaria has always been a little more authoritarian than the rest of Germany.

I think Söder is trying to profile himself as a tough crisis manager ahead of the next federal election.

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Bavaria has always been a little more authoritarian than the rest of Germany.

I think Söder is trying to profile himself as a tough crisis manager ahead of the next federal election.

I listened to an interview with Söder on Bayern1 this morning. Despite all the calming "we-are-doing-our-best" he sounded quite serious, not mini-Strauß in anyway, actually he sounded a bit overwhelmed and also a bit scared.

I think that the government is aware that they could take political damage if they go over the top and political damage if they don´t do enough.

Of course the Frankfurt area is having an over 70s Corona party, here's how it works, first you and 50 of your closest friends go out for breakfast, preferably in a small tight location. Then you go to all the local stores to buy up all the available stock of toilet paper naturally crowding in as close as possible to the cashier so on and so forth.

Yes I'm a little frustrated at how little the people in my town care about this. Absolutely no one is even making the slightest effort to social distance themselves, this is especially true of the old folks (which shortly I shall be one). Give is a few more days and we'll be locked down tight

The senat of Berlin knows how inconsiderate many of the Berliners are and thus they plan to built a makeshift hospital for 1000 patients.

A mini Wuhan.

On 16/03/2020, 19:53:58, kato said:

Heidelberg updated its regulations today, getting a bit more detailed and a lot more restrictive.

• Outdoor gatherings and private events up to a size of 100 people such as weddings or funeral can be permitted individually by the city, after application with a risk analysis.

City of Heidelberg has additionally decreed for this part:

• for official wedding ceremonies (indoors, at city hall) only the bridal couple, required witnesses and one additional guest is allowed
  • burial ceremonies (outdoors, at cemetaries) are restricted to "closest circle of family and friends", maximum 10 people

All city offices - except the Bürgerämter in the city districts - are closed to the public. The Standesamt remains open for the sole purpose of officially reporting deaths.

The Müllabfuhr in Heidelberg as a system-critical facility will reduce its business to core functionality, i.e. garbage retrieval and is reorganizing to maintain this functionality. Sperrmüll will no longer be retrieved after this week, Recyclinghöfe and all public toilets are closed starting today. The city is asking people to move trashcans to the streetside themselves for recovery. The planned public spring city cleaning week (4,000 volunteers last year) is moved to an undefined date in autumn.

On 16/03/2020, 20:23:46, john g. said:

Who is supposed to " police" these measures?

As a follow-up to that:

Patrols starting at 1 pm today in Heidelberg, inspecting which shops and restaurants were violating current rules, consisted of three detachments each consisting of four KOD officers and two state police officers.

From local newspaper:

test.jpg.ec95c5998d9d941270cf012d2d0ac3f

In case you really want to know which is which: The ones with the vertical stripes on the uniform trousers standing by the car are the state police, the others with the long script on the back of their body armor (reads "Polizeibehörde") are municipal officers.

Police in South Baden disbanded ten gatherings in public that exceeded the 50-person limit last night, the largest being 120 mostly young people.

A little late to this thread....

On 16.3.2020, 20:23:46, john g. said:

Who is supposed to " police" these measures?

Duh, we're in Germany. "Other" Germans will "police" you. Nothing has changed in that respect.

I read on some news site that the German authorities are checking phone records anonymously to see how much people are out and about. If they find that ppl didn't take notice when they said to stay home, we might get a curfew like Spain and Italy.

5 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I read on some news site that the German authorities are checking phone records anonymously to see how much people are out and about. If they find that ppl didn't take notice when they said to stay home, we might get a curfew like Spain and Italy.

Yep, I think it's T-Mobile who are anonymously sharing mobile phone location data with the Robert Koch Institute to see how many people are outside and also whether they are in groups. Chances are we will end up in a lock-down situation in Germany as per France/Italy/Spain as segregation seems to be the only way to slow down the spread of the virus at the moment.

Thanks. I'm sure the new restrictions will come but am surprised that spying on people is necessary.

I never carry my phone when I go out walking so there.

Times are a-changing.

I already read an article last week about the German government working with the RKI and all German phone providers to create movement data created by smartphone location tracking services. Most people have said location tracking turned for use in map apps etc.

10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks. I'm sure the new restrictions will come but am surprised that spying on people is necessary.

Times are a-changing.

China used a BIG DATA system by making mandatory to install an app in the affected areas.  If you were found positive (red status in the app) they can know who were close to you and put them in yellow status and you have to go home to be tested.   

South Korea was tracing people via the phone companies to trace back where they were.

When we talked about this in the office two weeks ago some of my colleagues cried about that not being correct and privacy and blah blah.    I myself think that not all of us dying is more important.

12 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

They're only spying anonymously or so they say.  So it's not at the point of saying Herr Schmidt left his house at 9 am and went to a café, it's more like we see that a group of 10 ppl gathered at a café.  Although it could mess them up that some ppl have more than one phone.  I have two phones, both with dual SIM so if I carry both, I count as 4 ppl :)

11 minutes ago, Metall said:

I already read an article last week about the German government working with the RKI and all German phone providers to create movement data created by smartphone location tracking services. Most people have said location tracking turned for use in map apps etc.

It's also useful for apps like find my phone etc.

2 hours ago, LeonG said:

Someone said so on TV today as well.

Next update for Heidelberg:

• Gatherings and aggregations of people on public grounds in groups larger than five people is outlawed.
  • In gatherings of five people or less on public grounds a minimum distance of 1.5m is required.
  • Use of force is announced to implement this if necessary.

The intention behind this is to have the necessary legal framework to disband groups at places like the Neckarwiese riverside meadows, where groups do aggregate. The city planted dozens of signs prohibiting use yesterday, which have been largely ignored.

In addition

• Operating senior citizen meeting points, nail and cosmetic studios (other than hairdressers) and tanning salons as well as camping sites and information booths has been outlawed. Use of force to close such facilities if necessary has been announced.
  • Shops that continue to be allowed to operate (e.g. supermarkets, pharmacies etc) have to ensure a distance of 1.5m between customers in queues  as well as ensuring that queues do not exceed five people. A penalty payment of 2,000 Euro applies if violated.

State decree limits it further down to three in public places, families excluded.