COVID-19 and Berlin‘s nightlife

36 posts in this topic

I expect businesses will be able to apply for compensation, assuming they survive long enough.

for self employed I found

What about self-employed and freelance people?

Self-employed people and freelancers will also receive compensation for loss of earnings according to the Act on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases. The local authority will base compensation on the profit from the tax declaration of the previous calendar year.

11 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

I expect businesses will be able to apply for compensation, assuming they survive long enough.

Self-employed people and freelancers will also receive compensation for loss of earnings according to the Act on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases. The local authority will base compensation on the profit from the tax declaration of the previous calendar year.

It‘s the "long enough" which is the problem and I doubt there is the money to bail out every struggling business.

I‘ve mentioned Schwuz and SO36 because they posted about this on social media. Neither can survive beyond four weeks without financial help. I’m certain there are many venues, queer or straight, who are in the same situation.

2 hours ago, Herr Schnitzel said:

It hosts several regular queer nights like Gayhane, Café Fatal, Queer Slam, Queens against Borders and Easter Beardance. It’s commitment to queer events is referred to on its website:

https://so36.com/about/

In the end I don’t care how others define it, my point the same. Would be a shame to lose it and many other great Berlin venues.

yeah, I was just asking.  Thanks for the info.  

Herr Schnitzel it's lovely that you are so worried, when I read your posts I imagine you almost  hyperventilating, SO36 will survive, I have known that club for around 20 years, yes before social media campaigns existed, they have come under pressure for various reasons in the past and managed to keep going, the people that live around Oranienstrasse are kind of stubborn and inventive with a make do and mend mentality, that has seen them through up until now, if I am wrong and SO closes its doors for ever there's always Franken over the road , when corona has calmed down and the bar is open again  we can drink a beer if you want.

I'll tell you what is sad. moving to this city just a couple days before the shutdown orders. Seems like I'll have to wait till August to enter a club.

On 14/03/2020, 21:41:06, Rushrush said:

Rushrush, do you happen to have a link for this info? Thanks.

5 hours ago, ToniMasvidal said:

I'll tell you what is sad. moving to this city just a couple days before the shutdown orders. Seems like I'll have to wait till August to enter a club.

What I find sad is people dying. What I find sad is how many thoughtless and selfish people there are.

So you are sad because you can't party for a while.   Damn.

That's an embarrassingly shallow take.

21 hours ago, McDee said:

What I find sad is people dying. What I find sad is how many thoughtless and selfish people there are.

so your words like toughtless and selfish is directed to me right? 

This you can go and tell the people who fight for toilet paper. You have know idea about me. 

The topic is about berlin and the impact of the virus on its nightlife. So dont act like a saint here. Everyday people die because of several reasons. War, hunger, slavery, greed etc. Don't tell me you mourn for everybodies misery or just when they appear in your social circle??!

21 hours ago, Krieg said:

Yeah you know. problems in developed countries...

7 minutes ago, ToniMasvidal said:

The virus only kill people in third world countries?

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

It was sarcasm. What i meant was that not being able to go on parties is a problem people have in industrialized countries (developed countries)

Just now, Krieg said:

21 hours ago, Krieg said:

3 minutes ago, ToniMasvidal said:

It was sarcasm. What i meant was that not being able to go on parties is a problem people have in industrialized countries (developed countries)

The phrase is "first world problems".

If you're going to comment on a English forum as a German, please learn the lingo, lest be thought of as a fool.

And yes, this is the epitome of a First World Problem. Sorry, but nobody cares that the clubs closed shortly after you arrived here.

30 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

The phrase is "first world problems".

If you're going to comment on a English forum as a German, please learn the lingo, lest be thought of as a fool.

And yes, this is the epitome of a First World Problem. Sorry, but nobody cares that the clubs closed shortly after you arrived here.

Oh man. I thought that when one learns a new language, it's already good when the person can convey what he/she means instead of focusing on every single phrase. 

And If you're going to comment on someone's grammar or phrase mistakes, check your spelling before you post. I have no problem with being thought of as a fool in an internet forum where nobody has not a single clue of what defines me...
But whatever. No reason to continue this conversation. The moment someone corrects other users on their language on an internet forum, it is over ...