Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unemployed and just found out my son's kindergatren will close for 5 weeks,will I continue receiving money from AA?

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am unemplioyed and receive unemployment benefits from Arbeistamt. I just found out that my 3 year old son's kindergarten will close for 5 weeks due to the corona virus. This means I won't have Betreeung for him for the next 5 weeks, so I won't be able to go to the Massnahmen. Will I still receive money, or will my benefits be terminated ?

Regards, 

cherry

Can you just contact the Arbeitsamt and let them know? That's probably what I would do in your situation.

4 minutes ago, Cherryalessia said:

This means I won't have Betreeung for him for the next 5 weeks, so I won't be able to go to the Massnahmen.

Do you really think that your Maßnahme will not be cancelled?

10 minutes ago, JN53 said:

Can you just contact the Arbeitsamt and let them know? That's probably what I would do in your situation.

I did, and they will call me back next week. I want to know beforhand if they will cut my benefits or not, and if they will, I will have to improvise. Maybe I will call in sick a week or so. 

10 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Do you really think that your Maßnahme will not be cancelled?

They might be, but that was not my question. Suppose they are not, I would like to know what would be the situation should this happen. 

Right now, even if they’re not cancelled, just tell them you’ve been feeling under the weather and ask if you should still come 😑

4 hours ago, mtbiking said:

Right now, even if they’re not cancelled, just tell them you’ve been feeling under the weather and ask if you should still come 😑

haha good one

5 hours ago, Cherryalessia said:

I did, and they will call me back next week. I want to know beforhand if they will cut my benefits or not, and if they will, I will have to improvise. Maybe I will call in sick a week or so. 

That´s assuming " they " won´t be sick as well next week!

:rolleyes:

I bet nobody knows....not that that will help,you...sorry. Unchartered territory...

They may come up with a quick solution the first time you take him and tell them why.

That's what I did a few times when I had to go to classes 2 nights per week for apprentice school. When I had no sitter, I took my son with. The teacher told me it wasn't allowed so I asked him what I should do. He had no reply. The rest of the students had either no kids or their wives were at home watching their kids. The teacher had to allow it and it was only 2.5 hrs and my son played nicely in a corner with his toys.

So if they can't offer a solution or you can't find one on your own...

Just a suggestion.

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

They may come up with a quick solution the first time you take him and tell them why.

That's what I did a few times when I had to go to classes 2 nights per week for apprentice school. When I had no sitter, I took my son with. The teacher told me it wasn't allowed so I asked him what I should do. He had no reply. The rest of the students had either no kids or their wives were at home watching their kids. The teacher had to allow it and it was only 2.5 hrs and my son played nicely in a corner with his toys.

So if they can't offer a solution or you can't find one on your own...

Just a suggestion.

Thank you for this point, it sounds reasonable, and when I will speak with the AA next week, I will phrase it like this. However, my son is 3 and acts like a rabid monkey, so taking him with me for such a long time would not work at all. 

Am I the only one who first wondered why anyone would be expecting to receive money from Alcoholics Anonymous?