Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,521 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2020, 7:02:37, balticus said:

Unfortunately, i have a few friends and acquaintances who are really suffering after altering their daily routines and being free from a lot of structure.   They don't know what to do with the excess time and are unable to take advantage of the opportunity.  

This lockdown is really simple to deal with. First go make your bed:

Then develop habits. I recommend videos by Brian Rose of London Real.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCZVmatSqIMTTB8uExk8xEg

And as food may become expensive, whatever balcony/garden you have access to, get busy planting!

2 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Space Cowboy: " 2019 there were some significant demographic changes in my town that led to an explosion of trash, " you already learned PC-language.

I lived in Mainz some years ago. Glad I left before the demographic change.

Ha! Thanks.  It's not my town, or my country, so the locals can make their own decisions.  I would not make the same choices, but I am not in charge here.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Millionth day of lockdown...spot the cat!!!

I could not find the cat.

Is it a copper cat?

Oxi! ( Greek word for NO!)

😂

Anyway, most of the coppers here are checking Emergency Document Movements!

👍🏼

Even in the filth-ridden cesspool of Berlin ;) it's somebody's job to pick up trash.  Your town really doesn't have anything?  Don't street cleaning machines, sidewalk cleaning machines, humans picking up trash come along every so often and pick up the nasties?

Yeah, we have streetcleaners for the main roads.  The problem is that we have lots of pedestrian paths that can't be cleaned except by hand.

I have never seen anyone clean the pathways and trails.  Never.

How many of you have trouble finding yeast to bake bread right now? I hear it has become scarce. No problem. Get a handful of grapes. I have an experiment running with grape juice in a jam jar with a rubber glove on top!

And here is the test bake:

7 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I spent quite a few Saturday mornings picking up trash, and found that the litterbugs would actually redouble their efforts to litter when they saw me.  I recall one Saturday when a group saw me, started shouting insults at me, then threw their trash all over the place and smugly said, "We are glad to help out!"

I would appreciate if Germany would introduce the habit of caning like in Singapore. Namely on the spot.

2 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

I would appreciate if Germany would introduce the habit of caning like in Singapore. Namely on the spot.

I absolutely love getting caned! 

It was easier when I was a kid in the 1950s, Answer.

I once dropped a chocolate bar wrapping on the street because it is what I did. Little did I realise a policeman had spotted me and told me off!

I have never been a litter bug. I hate people chucking their stuff into the streets. 
It is NOT only big companies that pollute the world/ make the streets filthy. It is also the individual.

Carrying just one wooden cane is ok, however, carrying a bundle of canes (or wooden sticks) can cause trouble:

wikipedia:

"Fascis is a bound bundle of wooden rods, sometimes including an axe with its blade emerging. The fasces had its origin in the Etruscan civilization and was passed on to ancient Rome, where it symbolized a magistrate's power and jurisdiction. The axe originally associated with the symbol, the Labrys (Greek: λάβρυς, lábrys) the double-bitted axe, originally from Crete, is one of the oldest symbols of Greek civilization. To the Romans, it was known as a bipennis.[2]

The image has survived in the modern world as a representation of magisterial or collective power, law and governance. The fasces frequently occurs as a charge in heraldry: it is present on the reverse of the US Mercury dime coin and behind the podium in the United States House of Representatives; and it was the origin of the name of the National Fascist Party in Italy (from which the term fascism is derived).

So, if you carry a bundle of cane, you are a facist.

Unless you were a slave carrying sugar cane in Cuba, Brazil etc!🙏🏻 Then you saw things differently..

But, historically, yep, Answer.

1 hour ago, hellfire99 said:

I absolutely love getting caned! 

Wonder if 'Ellfire be one o' they preverts?

8 hours ago, Keefy said:

Wonder if 'Ellfire be one o' they preverts?

well for sure we know that Keefy sets the bar pretty low for "preversion"...  ;) 

For some really funny unpreverted humour, watch Morecambe and Wise's wonderful sketch with Andre Previn - or do I mean Preview?!

There's a new video on FB of one of Trump's daily briefings, he says,

"We've conducted one point eight seven million tests to date, that's one million eight hundred and seven thousand million..."

Seems that he's been taking maths lessons from Priti Patel :lol:

It hasn't reached YT yet...

15 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

There's a new video on FB of one of Trump's daily briefings, he says,

"We've conducted one point eight seven million tests to date, that's one million eight hundred and seven thousand million..."

Seems that he's been taking maths lessons from Priti Patel :lol:

It hasn't reached YT yet...

It hasn't reached YT, yet?

Oh, what a shame!  I literally can't wait. 

Have you thought about social media distancing, @Wulfrun because when you view the world through your Smartie tube all you see is Trump. 

How bizarre.