Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,521 posts in this topic

First day of compulsory mask-wearing in Berlin shops today, and...

My g/f had a medical appointment. Her son took her by car, then they decided to go shopping. (Usually, a woman from the Pflegedienst goes shopping for us, but unfortunately she seems to be dyslexic - we order 10% fat joghurt and she brings 2% or we order 7.5% Kaffeemilclh and she brings us 10% etc, etc).

Well, anyway, there they were in Kaufland.  A guy was by the entrance, not letting anyone in unless they were wearing masks.

So, g/f and son bought lots of stuff...and there were two old ladies (they reckon maybe in their 80s) who took off their masks. A passer-by ticked them off, and the old ones said "Oh, we don't need these stupid things."

So, not just young macho people who behave moronoically...

That is your last chance, Keefy!

No more spelling mistakes or back to your „0“ Level English exam. Remember that?

😂

( I had to resit, remedial  lessons, sat out in the hallway outside the Headmaster‘s study way back then!!!)

😟😎🙈

2 hours ago, john g. said:

No more spelling mistakes or back to your „0“ Level English exam. Remember that?

😂

( I had to resit, remedial  lessons, sat out in the hallway outside the Headmaster‘s study way back then!!!)

😟😎🙈

Dyslexia slure KO

3 hours ago, Keefy said:

My g/f had a medical appointment. Her son took her by car, then they decided to go shopping. (Usually, a woman from the Pflegedienst goes shopping for us, but unfortunately she seems to be dyslexic - we order 10% fat joghurt and she brings 2% or we order 7.5% Kaffeemilclh and she brings us 10% etc, etc).

Not sure if you were aware but in the past weeks plenty of items were not available.  Most of the times there were alternatives, but not the very same items we were used to buy.  Sometimes I had to go to several stores to find those alternatives.   Last Saturday was the first time that I saw things starting to go back to normal and there were plenty of things what I could not find before.  Still, some items are problematic, for example, I've only seen the cheapest eggs when they are available, no free range fancy stuff.   So maybe your shopping-lady was not dyslexic, maybe she couldn't find the exact items you wanted, and maybe she is not paid to go around to multiple shops to find your items.

The silverlining is that we were able to try new stuff and some we liked it.  We were already too Germans and bought the very same exact items for years.

41 minutes ago, Krieg said:

So maybe your shopping-lady was not dyslexic, maybe she couldn't find the exact items you wanted, and maybe she is not paid to go around to multiple shops to find your items.

This ain't the place to argue about someone you don't know, but my g/f makes a list in the lady's own language (i.e. not German) with strict instructions - if it's not available, don't buy it. Like talking to a brick wall.

Just seen Sannerl‘s post re political satire and - corona or no corona - a warning about authoritarianism- watch out all of us.

Thousands around the world are in gaol for expressing their satire. Whether so- called Left or Right. 
And it is not only the elites- your jealous/ envious neighbour might want to do you harm. 

My best mask story this week was going in to Lidl, and there was a dude with his mask on, yes, covering his lower face, good, covering his nose, super, but he'd cut a hole for his mouth.

:o

4 hours ago, john g. said:

😂

😟😎🙈

I was kept down a year because I f*ck*d up EVERYTHING apart from History and English language first time round. Got a grade 2 in Eng Lang and the teacher told me I'd better get a grade 1 the following year. I got a grade 1. The teacher then said I was too bloody clever for my own good.

Anyway, back on topic....

IMG-20200429-WA0000.jpg

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Just seen Sannerl‘s post re political satire and - corona or no corona - a warning about authoritarianism- watch out all of us.

Thousands around the world are in gaol for expressing their satire. Whether so- called Left or Right. 
And it is not only the elites- your jealous/ envious neighbour might want to do you harm. 

John, some of the children don't realize we are all in this together. Whatever your ideology left or right we can all discuss stuff, not resort to ad hominems. we all know hoe evil extreme right is, but few are aware how evil extreme left can be. 

Interesting poem @jeremytwo 

Unfortunately, i have a few friends and acquaintances who are really suffering after altering their daily routines and being free from a lot of structure.   They don't know what to do with the excess time and are unable to take advantage of the opportunity.  

8 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Fullsized image

I'm afraid a quick bit of fact checking revealed:

The claim circulating on social media is false. The poem was not written in 1869 but in March 2020, by Catherine (Kitty) O’Meara, a retired teacher from Madison, Wisconsin

From Reuters fact check and supported by various others.

Why on earth would you ever fact-check any one of Jeremiah's posts?

19 minutes ago, silty1 said:

Extreme boredom and nothing else at hand to do, read or watch which you haven't done at least twice within the last few weeks.

Thank goodness that's not the case with me...

27 minutes ago, silty1 said:

It's all so obviously wrong that it doesn't take any time at all.