Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,888 posts in this topic

I am doing "home office" now for almost one month and have to confess the only things I miss is that the our garden waste station is closed and I can't fly to the Carribean.

2 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

I am doing "home office" now for almost one month and have to confess the only things I miss is that the our garden waste station is closed and I can't fly to the Carribean.

Wow - that must be one hell of a garden waste station!

The "Boston Globe" this weekend, 15 pages of obituaries... Last weekend 12 pages...

Man, I am so keen on my upcoming adventure of driving from NH through Massachusetts to Newark, NJ next Sunday...

Being told "Sorry, only one loaf of bread per customer" in a Walmart probably was just the beginning of my realization of the disintegration... I am afraid there is more to come. 

No wonder the roads here have been quiet today. Until midnight tonight when Easter has officially finished- unauthorised driving means a 300 euro fine and the police unscrewing number plates of private cars and withdrawal of your driving licence for two months...

Funnily enough, what about the cars we see in normal times without number plates or severely disfigured ones anyway? Loads of them!😟

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

No wonder the roads here have been quiet today. Until midnight tonight when Easter has officially finished- unauthorised driving means a 300 euro fine and the police unscrewing number plates of private cars and withdrawal of your driving licence for two months...

- now that seems like the perfect solution to keeping idiots from going out for the day!

Seems the Germans could learn a lot from the Greeks!

Yes, rob! Easter here normally means millions of Greeks flying and driving around to visit their families. Easter is “ bigger than “ Xmas here and they really do congregate!

A friend of mine who has been here for over 20 years told me today it is the first time he has ever known Greek society as a whole to follow rules!😂

By the way, rob, our friendly Greek neighbour Ewa gave Nicole a traditional Cretan Easter soup today and containing what appeared to be goat intestines..😂

Nicole ( mostly a vegetarian ) waited a while. Robin, one of our cats , LOVED it!💋😜🙈🙏🏻

A barrel of US oil dropped below 5 bucks today. It's so cheap, that you soon get a barrel for free with a pack of Pampers.

20.04.2020 21:42  WTI -38.46$ How many packs of Pampers per barrel? Bty I would prefer toilet paper.

Should you consider buying a new dirndl or a new lederhosen for the Oktoberfest, postpone it. There won't be an Oktoberfest this year.

53 minutes ago, Keefy said:

IMG-20200420-WA0003.jpg

That is tremendously insulting.  A very good friend of mine earns an honest living as a clown. 

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/german-expat-news/bavaria-makes-face-masks-mandatory-april-27?fbclid=IwAR0WEbUMp0nAjXHeyCW1cYFXk-tcUGj1I1IOSXwGFTu9uRJLw6SPEek-Au8

From next Monday, April 27, everyone in Bavaria will be required to wear a protective face mask in shops and on public transport. This was announced on Monday by the Bavaria State Premier, Markus Söder.

Söder clarified that the requirement was not for everyone to wear a medical mask, but to make sure mouths and noses are covered - therefore all types of masks are allowed, including homemade ones. Other types of face coverings, including scarves, are also deemed acceptable, as long as they cover the nose and mouth and are cleaned regularly. 

21 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

isn`t Oktoberfest  worth 1 billion euros to the Munich economy.

Wonder how severe this will be.

Very. Hotels, pensions, restaurants, souvenir shops, of course all the people who offer services on and for the Wies'n herself, lots of pupils and students, part-time-jobbers who really need the money, and the people in Munich who support those from abroad... Death stroke for many small businesses already hit hard.

Usually, we flee from Munich at that time since we live at one of the "flight paths" to and from Theresienwiese.

But I honestly feel sorry for all those affected nonetheless.