Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,946 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, silty1 said:

I've been going out every day since this whole thing started, alone, with my family, in the car, on the bike, on the beach, on the roads, on the sidewalks, on the forest paths, wherever I bloody well please as long as I keep two fucking meters or more away from everyone else.

 

We have no ruling which would make this a problem round our way. Rightly so. Assuming you are not coughing on your hands and wiping them all over any shiny surface you come across, then as current thinking goes, you will not be infecting others.

 

There was a TTer back at the start of this who had friends round for a meal and joked about disinfecting themselves with a whisky or something. Now that was and is pretty dodgy behaviour by the rules around here.

 

Bavaria is stricter though.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok... Putting J²s  jollidays behind us...

 

Who or where would I need ask if I am permitted to drive back to the UK... ?

 

Mum is no longer eating or drinking and cant get out of bed....   I feel the need to be there.. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- try calling the British consulate - even if they do not know, they will know somebody who does...

So sorry to hear about your Mum!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, silty1 said:

I've been going out every day since this whole thing started, alone, with my family, in the car, on the bike, on the beach, on the roads, on the sidewalks, on the forest paths, wherever I bloody well please as long as I keep two fucking meters or more away from everyone else.

 

See the problem with that is,which we`ve seen many times is lots of people think that like J2 etc.

"oh we`ll go there,there won`t be many people about" and then of course it turns out to be busy.

Seriously how long have we been told to stay in doors ffs.If you can`t hold out for a few weeks then you lot have a very sad life.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silty1 said:

 

I've been going out every day since this whole thing started, alone, with my family, in the car, on the bike, on the beach, on the roads, on the sidewalks, on the forest paths, wherever I bloody well please as long as I keep two fucking meters or more away from everyone else.  

 

This is in my opinion the biggest mistake people are doing, thinking that staying 2m away will keep them safe.   I couldn't care less about the people going out if the problem was not only that they might get infected, it is that they will most probably pass it to people who are actually taking care.

 

What I find ridiculous as well is we are all in a giant problem and people try to justfify their anti-social behavior by flexing the laws and saying they are not doing anything wrong because there is no law against it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SpiderPig from the thread about the dude who wants to come to Germany to quarantine with his girlfriend, here are the current rules,

 

https://www.bundespolizei.de/Web/DE/04Aktuelles/01Meldungen/2020/03/200317_faq.html;jsessionid=A70CDDE374592B7800E04AC077A08ABC.2_cid289?nn=5931604#doc13824392bodyText8

 

and it looks like if you want to leave, then that's fine just so long as the place you are going to will let you in. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Krieg said:

 

  I couldn't care less about the people going out if the problem was not only that they might get infected, it is that they will most probably pass it to people who are actually taking care.

 

 

But you`re forgetting that people who do this obviously do not give a single fuck about other people.You hear all the excuses but they`re just bollocks they simply do not care about other people and have the me me me attitude.

Someone needs to explain exponential growth to them,then show them the dangers of the disease and then fucking slap them.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a friend In our village who is 81 tomorrow. He is on his own and in a wheelchair.

We will walk to his place- about 20 minutes away - and bring him a couple of pressies and sing him Happy Birthday and keep our distance . He will be in his house and we will stay outside in the garden.

 

This will be allowed if we take the Emergency Movement Document and tick the bit referring to „ a person in need. „ It is the same box to tick for helping animals/ taking them for a walk.🙁

No one  else will be walking that way as it is off the beaten track and no one else lives there. We have to fill in the location on the Document and the „ from ... till „ time and carry ID.

 

 

PS: it is not only his birthday but just past one year since his wife died in hospital of a lung infection - but she wasn‘t in hospital for that...😫😢

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Krieg said:

What I find ridiculous as well is we are all in a giant problem and people try to justfify their anti-social behavior by flexing the laws and saying they are not doing anything wrong because there is no law against it.

 

There are enough laws already to abide by without this heaping whop to deal with.  If it's so important for me to stay home, then make it the law.  Otherwise I'll go outside and take my chances.  Sure I understand we can't gather in large numbers. the Bundesliga and all major sports are fucked until they can come up with a vaccine, same for nightclubs, bars etc etc, I get it.  But personally, within my family?  I'll go out, no question. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Keleth said:

See the problem with that is,which we`ve seen many times is lots of people think that like J2 etc.

"oh we`ll go there,there won`t be many people about" and then of course it turns out to be busy.

Seriously how long have we been told to stay in doors ffs.If you can`t hold out for a few weeks then you lot have a very sad life.

 

I've been out on my bike along the Elbe where it's really popular to go cycling, jogging, walking, gets so ridiculously crowded after about 11am on Sundays and holidays we avoid it, but these days it's manageable, you just keep your distance, slow down, stop if necessary, take care of yourself and others and what's the big deal? 

 

Going shopping I've walked out of stores I don't feel comfortable in because they're not adhering to proper distancing, no big deal, just go another time, it's not as if the schedule is so jam-packed these days anyway.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, john g. said:

 

We will walk to his place- about 20 minutes away - and bring him a couple of pressies and sing him Happy Birthday and keep our distance . He will be in his house and we will stay outside in the garden.

 

This makes complete sense in the circumstances. You do a good deed and keep yourselves (and the person you're visiting) safe at the same time.

 

Only time I've been out in the past month-and-a-bit is for an emergency dental appointment. Dentist taking extra care, one patient at a time, empty waiting room. Masks and gloves worn by everyone, supply of disinfectant available on arrival and prior to departure.

 

Basically, going out for me is very, very dangerous....I'm 68 and with several "pre-existing conditions" including Type 1 diabetes. A walk up the road and back would be very nice....apart from some idiots in the neighbourhood who don't observe "social distancing". I can see 'em out of the window, wandering around in gangs. Bar stewards.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wishing you stay safe, Keefy🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
When I was in Hamburg in March, I went to sn eye doctor‘s surgery to try to get an appointment. I went inside and a note on the reception desk read: „ if you have just been in Iran, Korea etc „, please don‘t come into this room.“

 

The note was INSIDE the reception place!😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Keefy said:

Dentist taking extra care, one patient at a time, empty waiting room. Masks and gloves worn by everyone, supply of disinfectant available on arrival and prior to departure.

 

My dentist had removed all the magazines from the waiting room and I only had a short wait in there alone before I got called to the chair.  They had another patient in another room and I never saw them as they left while I was being treated.  At the end of it, no exchange of money, just the bill and please transfer the payment.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, my God...:lol:

IMG_3370 (002).jpgLast seen boarding jet with 2 strippers and shouting " laters , motherfuckers." PS: I have heard from an unreliable source Hooperski was one of the strippers...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know about where you live but here in our town people seem to be a little simple or just plain thick. They queue outside a shop keeping their distance from one another but when they queue outside the butcher opposite us, the queue in a straight line out the door and across the road. OK it's the pedestrian zone but then no one can get by without breaking the social distancing rule. Has no one worked out that it might actually be better to queue along the side of the building and down the side street where there are no shops?

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiplette said:

@SpiderPig from the thread about the dude who wants to come to Germany to quarantine with his girlfriend, here are the current rules,

 

https://www.bundespolizei.de/Web/DE/04Aktuelles/01Meldungen/2020/03/200317_faq.html;jsessionid=A70CDDE374592B7800E04AC077A08ABC.2_cid289?nn=5931604#doc13824392bodyText8

 

and it looks like if you want to leave, then that's fine just so long as the place you are going to will let you in. 

 

The link you refer to (which I posted with English translation in that thread) mainly refers to entering Germany. But there is also a tiny reference about leaving Germany:

 

Quote

May I leave Germany?
The Federal Foreign Office has issued a worldwide travel warning. In this context, the Federal Police will not issue any exit bans. However, leaving the country is dependent on whether the destination country agrees to this entry. For this purpose, please contact the authorities of the country you wish to enter. Please also note that the regulations may change during your journey.

Deepl.com translation

 

If SpiderPig is permitted to enter the UK and then wants to come back, he will obviously have to isolate himself for 2 weeks. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now