Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,944 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

Whilst day trips are not illegal, they are most certainly not to be encouraged, so you barely need to wonder that there are still parking spaces available, do you?!!!

Good question. We have been hiking and biking in the Alps 20 years. Most of the "official" public car parks have tape across them, and the "Alms" are shut. However, we know lots of short cuts, backwaters and private spots to sneak a car. However the car park where we went was not closed and accessible. I personally believe the problem is public parks where people mix with each other. Open spaces ought to be open for mental health. 

One fave area of ours is Karwendel which is a narrow valley and dead end but it actually in Austria over the border. You cannot go there. 

Coronavirus: 38 days when Britain sleepwalked into disaster

Boris Johnson skipped five Cobra meetings on the virus, calls to order protective gear were ignored and scientists’ warnings fell on deaf ears. Failings in February may have cost thousands of lives

On the third Friday of January a silent and stealthy killer was creeping across the world. Passing from person to person and borne on ships and planes, the coronavirus was already leaving a trail of bodies.

The virus had spread from China to six countries and was almost certainly in many others. Sensing the coming danger, the British government briefly went into wartime mode that day, holding a meeting of Cobra, its national crisis committee.

42 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Good question. We have been hiking and biking in the Alps 20 years. Most of the "official" public car parks have tape across them, and the "Alms" are shut. However, we know lots of short cuts, backwaters and private spots to sneak a car. However the car park where we went was not closed and accessible. I personally believe the problem is public parks where people mix with each other. Open spaces ought to be open for mental health. 

One fave area of ours is Karwendel which is a narrow valley and dead end but it actually in Austria over the border. You cannot go there. 

What seems unbelievable to me, is that people like you will try and find ways to get around the rules and the spirit of the rules.

When you consider we are in a pandemic, the Government is pushing high numbers of cash to support people, the economy is tanking. and you go out and about as if you were living in normal times - the bergwacht are advising people not to goto the mountains, which I am obeying.

You from what I have heard have a house with a garden, why are you leaving it, except for food and medical reasons ? Do you not know or understand, the more we all keep in lockdown - the sooner we can get out of this terrible situation, if everybody just ignored the rules or got around them the virus would have a better chance to spread. If you insist in rule breaking, do it in a positive way, volunteer to help at your local hospital, and donate to a charity

I would urge everybody to obey the rules and advise to do what the Government is saying, so we can get out of this situation sooner.

58 minutes ago, yesterday said:

What seems unbelievable to me, is that people like you will try and find ways to get around the rules and the spirit of the rules.

When you consider we are in a pandemic, the Government is pushing high numbers of cash to support people, the economy is tanking. and you go out and about as if you were living in normal times - the bergwacht are advising people not to goto the mountains, which I am obeying.

You from what I have heard have a house with a garden, why are you leaving it, except for food and medical reasons ? Do you not know or understand, the more we all keep in lockdown - the sooner we can get out of this terrible situation, if everybody just ignored the rules or got around them the virus would have a better chance to spread. If you insist in rule breaking, do it in a positive way, volunteer to help at your local hospital, and donate to a charity

This, ah, person has bragged about breaking lockdown rules before.

Total ban on anyone driving here today ( obviously with exceptions for essential workers ). I assume to stop people congregating at friends‘ and families‘ houses to celebrate Easter Sunday. Church ceremonies all banned.

Apparently , even in our little village, the police were here today checking Emergency Documents of people going to the one mini-market that is open today.

I can‘t imagine hardly any locals having that Document with them. And most of the older ones are semi-literate at best.

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

I can‘t imagine hardly any locals having that Document with them. And most of the older ones are semi-literate at best.

Judging by what you have written about Greeks lackadaisical attitude to rules before, maybe the Greek police accept bribe money in such cases.

You bet, bramble! Or, at least , „ Manolis is my cousin, Maria is my Auntie, officer.“ That kind of thing- 100 per cent.

What actually surprises me is the LACK of people taking advantage of the 2km exercise thing. That field with car park I mentioned above? It's literally the only off-road place within walking distance of our compound. Yet I have never met another person walking there, never seen another person walking there; it's visible from my balcony and is always empty. I am the only person who goes there. When I walk along the road, yes, I pass a few people (we avoid each other; one person steps on to the road) but they are few.

The only other place to walk to is into town. There is a small lake in the centre of town but you can no longer walk around it, just walk up and down or sit on a bench. Few people are there, ever.

It basically means people aren't bothering to exercise at all -- or else they all have running or rowing machines in their homes. Or swimming pools in their basement...
It's strange. They really do stay indoors all the time, except for the kids.

6 hours ago, Sannerl said:

Regarding Dr. Who: It was dubbed and aired on German TV (RTL?) about ten years ago.

Click here to get the last aired episodes: https://mediathekviewweb.de/#query=doctor%20who

I mean the latest season (12). The first eleven (new series) were available on netflix until January (also in English). Then Joyn bought the rights but they only stream in german. The 'new' episodes would be on Fox (and hopefully on sky). They're also available on amazon, but while I do enjoy Doctor Who, I don't enjoy it enough to spend 22Euro for a season

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Most of the "official" public car parks have tape across them, and the "Alms" are shut.

I personally believe the problem is public parks where people mix with each other. Open spaces ought to be open for mental health. 

Now why on earth would the official car parks and alms be closed, if not to prevent ignorant twats from going and using them?!!!

God, how I hate people who think that all rules apply to everybody else but them!!!

As for mental health, isn`t it all relative - you have a large garden and can get out there for your exercise and fresh air, and yet you seem to think that jumping in the car and going out for a day trip with your bikes is just fine - what about those living in flats in the city, don`t you think they should be permitted to walk around a park?

Mental health may sure be an issue here...

20 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Now why on earth would the official car parks and alms be closed, if not to prevent ignorant twats from going and using them?!!!

God, how I hate people who think that all rules apply to everybody else but them!!!

Er...certain car parks are blocked off. However others are perfectly okay to use. We used one with a ticket for which we paid and which was not closed off and full of day trippers off hiking, so perfectly okay to use. The ban on car parks is a little irregular. Some are blocked and some are not.

@silty1 Since I don't  expect you to have read everything. This is the private travel to which I was referring.

21 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

No, they removed it John! Basically tips like - take up yoga, meditate, get out and exercise, learn a new skill, sleep more.

For those able to get out of Munich this place is accessible. The valley of Jachenau behind Lenggries is one of the most stunningly beautiful parts of Bayern and yep you can still find parking places. We mountain biked there this afternoon to beat cabin fever.

6 minutes ago, silty1 said:

Alex, do the rules you've read apply across the whole country or to just certain states?  Here's the whole laundry list of what you can be fined for in Hamburg as of tomorrow, April 20.  No mention of outings greater than 45km. 

I think the private travel restrictions are just for Bayern. I am 100% sure that my better half only reads the local news. We have new requirements tomorrow as well.

4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

@silty1

https://www.verkuendung-bayern.de/files/baymbl/2020/173/baymbl-2020-173.pdf

Try point 9...   600€ if he got nabbed!

That's from April 3rd. This one from April 16 is a little more detailed, but in my read through I found nothing about 45km anywhere. 

As for going out of the house, you're allowed to do that.

(1) 1 Jeder wird angehalten, die physischen Kontakte zu anderen Menschen außerhalb der Angehörigen des eigenen Hausstands auf ein absolut nötiges Minimum zu reduzieren. 2Wo immer möglich, ist ein Mindestabstand zwischen zwei Personen von 1,5 m einzuhalten. (2) Das Verlassen der eigenen Wohnung ist nur bei Vorliegen triftiger Gründe erlaubt. (3) Triftige Gründe im Sinne des Abs. 2 sind insbesondere:

skipping to number 7:

Sport und Bewegung an der frischen Luft, allerdings ausschließlich alleine, mit einer weiteren nicht im selben Hausstand lebenden Person oder mit Angehörigen des eigenen Hausstands und ohne jede sonstige Gruppenbildung und 8. Handlungen zur Versorgung von Tieren.