Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,013 posts in this topic

Forget the Nigerian Connection..even forget the " I´m from Microsoft scam "...thjs is where the money is !

:lol:

PHOTO-2020-03-14-21-06-30.jpg

so Berlin just banned all gatherings with more than 50 people. I don’t understand the logic of banning “large” social events but still allowing tons of people in stores. I ran some errands today and the stores were very full. Or did I miss that the more-than-50-people rule is also going to apply to retail as well?

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/coronakrise-berlin-untersagt-veranstaltungen-ab-50-menschen-a-85834425-feae-40ab-94aa-76299222fda5

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

Ha! So unfair. No bog roll for love nor money round here. Still, as I said, we have many crappy napkins, so all is not lost...

I don't think you should worry yet, I don't think that there is a national shortage of tp yet. It seems to be just a distribution problem (your neighbours bought more than expected) . Just ask your local store when they expect deliveries. 

Or try Amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B002QQHS9C/ref=sr_1_45?crid=38QSL7NUUERQ0&keywords=toilettenpapier&qid=1584215612&rnid=1703609031&s=drugstore&sprefix=Toilet%2Caps%2C301&sr=1-45

I stocked up because I wanted to get as much shopping out of the way as possible as soon as possible. My asthma puts me in the high risk group and once the virus spreads further into the general population, I'm not planning on leaving my apartment for sometime.

eta:  regarding Lieferando, I got an email from them today saying you can now request "contactless" delivery - they apparently just ring and leave the food outside the door.

My Lieferando Email mentioned they were only offering contactless delivery and requiring all orders to be prepaid.

57 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Has anybody else already been using Family cloths?

To me, this seems the way to go, as and when all stocks of loo roll run dry.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/terripous/what-is-the-family-cloth-and-why-should-you-use-it-an

Never heard of them, and my first reaction was eeeeew! But then I read they are not for poo.

But this: 

The ultimate goal is to attach bidets to our toilets, and then use that to cleanse after a poop and then, yes, to use the cloths to pat dry.

What I've been saying from the start. Bidets all the way.

1 minute ago, arunadasi said:

Never heard of them, and my first reaction was eeeeew! But then I read they are not for poo.

But this: 

- yes, and no.

You can go as far as you want with them, and cover both necessities, or just use them when "tinkling".

Since toilet paper is becoming a rarity these days, I think more people might want to consider alternatives...

My bidet is wonderful but does not remove ALL the poo. We have wet wipes for that once a day adventure. It only takes one where without the bidet, it could take several.

I use a handheld bidet, and very little tp to dry off. But using a small cloth instead is a good idea.

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My bidet is wonderful but does not remove ALL the poo. We have wet wipes for that once a day adventure. It only takes one where without the bidet, it could take several.

This is all getting a bit tmi!!!

I used to find that tp didn't get all the poo, water does. I check with tp when drying off.

arunadasi! Please ignore our beloved fraufruit re toilet questions! She has no idea!

Dear fraufruit: you have never got off a train in Bolivia and vomited whilst trying to enter a ladies´ or even gent´s toilet.

This topic is beyond your ken.

Back to arunadasi: ( not that I favour one lovely lady above another ): I admit ( despite my apparent expert knowledge ) I have no current knowledge of the situation re toilets in Guyana. I DO have knowledge of the toilet scene in Crete ( not spectacular) but I do not wish to take photos of our office toilet here ( partly because my dog Mandy (bless her soul ) might just have been in there.):rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, john g. said:

arunadasi! Please ignore our beloved fraufruit re toilet questions! She has no idea!

Dear fraufruit: you have never got off a train in Bolivia and vomited whilst trying to enter a ladies´ or even gent´s toilet.

This topic is beyond your ken.

Back to arunadasi: ( not that I favour one lovely lady above another ): I admit ( despite my apparent expert knowledge ) I have no current knowledge of the situation re toilets in Guyana. I DO have knowledge of the toilet scene in Crete ( not spectacular) but I do not wish to take photos of our office toilet here ( partly because my dog Mandy (bless her soul ) might just have been in there.):rolleyes:

My direst poo experience was in the Amazon jungle after an Ayahuasca session. Complete purge, above and below, and if I remember correctly, no toilet paper. I have no idea how we managed back then, memory has gone. I do remember the buckets for toilet paper beside the loos.

In Guyana we are allowed  to flush tp. We were British, don't you know. Very civilised.

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

TP never worked.

Indeed. I used to find I was using half a roll of tp to get clean to my satisfaction. Indian bum-guns changed my life. I'm now a new woman, with a very clean bottom!

I didn't go to the link but I can see what it's about. I don't call that positive news.

What IS good news about Italy is that they are all standing on their balconies and singing! There's a post on TT upthread on that, I think. but I've seen it on FB a few times already.

I've seen facebook posts from two Edeka stores stating they are planning on rationing buys to 1 pack of TP; 2 of soap, 2 of sugar, flour, noodles, rice, 2 of canned food per person.  It's on the actual stores facebook pages, one of the stores is in Sachen-Anhalt, the other in Schleswig-Holstein.

corona_rations.jpg

10pm on a Saturday night and I can hear the S-Bahn in the distance.  Something that usually only happens very early Sunday mornings--in winter--or like, Christmas morning.  It is not particularly close to my home, but when the city is still and quiet enough, the sound manages to reverberate (along the canal, probably) down to my place and bounce around in the Hof.  That's crazy!  I can hear them going and coming.  Wild.  People are really staying home, I guess.  Might be interesting to go out for a walk in my otherwise very bustling and happening and nauseatingly hip neighborhood and gawp at all the empty bars.

6 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I've seen facebook posts from two Edeka stores stating they are planning on rationing buys to 1 pack of TP; 2 of soap, 2 of sugar, flour, noodles, rice, 2 of canned food per person.  It's on the actual stores facebook pages, one of the stores is in Sachen-Anhalt, the other in Schleswig-Holstein.

corona_rations.jpg

Correct...

That way it gives them workers that start work at stupid O'Clock a chance to get products too!