Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,537 posts in this topic

Well, Germany has the highest pharmacy and bakery density in the world, so no queues to be expected :)

PS- where I live there are 4 pharmacies and 6 bakeries within a 200m radius.

Going back to my rant from a couple of pages ago this is a couple of posts in the Tesla thread....

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

Even thou I propably not be buying a Tesla in the near future, as I want to use the money to invest in the stock instead.

So, looking at the current price of TESLA, they seem quite cheap and I am sure that there are enough fan boys and normal people who want to buy the cars that the share is going to go up at some point - I think B)

What do people here think of the best time to buy, I was thinking we are not at the bottom, yet, I was going to wait until we see the expected 100000 plus deaths in the USA and figures showing how well the USA is coping with the Virus - or maybe when we start to see a better more accurate and more availble testing - if you have the virus or can test if you already had it.

any views ?

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Exactly. But be aware, a lot of people are thinking the same, so this will shoot up to >800€ very quickly.

What I do here is I invest small amounts at a time. For example, I bought 10 stocks at 419€ last week. Maybe next week I buy a bit more.

Also remember that Tesla might into S&P and other indexes this year. This will give a huge jump to the stock, as ETFs will buy it.

We`re in the middle of a crisis not seen for a hundred years and people are already thinking about how to make money (And we`re not talking about money needed to survive)after it`s over,and even discussing whether they should buy when there`s been enough deaths or when testing etc comes in.

FFS people and @fraufruit it looks like I may have been right. ;)

16 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Going back to my rant from a couple of pages ago this is a couple of posts in the Tesla thread...

We`re in the middle of a crisis not seen for a hundred years and people are already thinking about how to make money (And we`re not talking about money needed to survive)after it`s over,and even discussing whether they should buy when there`s been enough deaths or when testing etc comes in.

Sorry I did not make this virus !

Sorry I did not make the market crash !

I am sorry, if people die and I am sorry if people become poorer over this virus issue

I do not what to loss my job or my life over this either.

If you cannot afford to may some money on this, them I am also sorry for you.

The people who can make money on this will try, and when/if I make money on this, I will pay at least 25 % tax to the goverment, who will then have the option to give it to the poorer people in Germany. 

If I just sit on my money in the bank, then I might get an interest rate of 0.4 % tagesgeld, which the German government will get a small cut, so I am actually helping the German goverment to get more money in to help the poor people. while making a buck or 2 myself.

I did not make the system the way is it in Germany, maybe it should be different but is not.

Making money will help the poorer people in Germany. Thats just the captolist system we live in

11 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Sorry I did not make this virus !

Sorry I did not make the market crash !

I am sorry, if people die and I am sorry if people become poorer over this virus issue

I do not what to loss my job or my life over this either.

No but you do consider as a buying time the amount of people that will have to die from this virus.

Sure you don`t want to wait until 200k die or the healthcare system collapses ?

11 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Making money will help the poorer people in Germany. Thats just the captolist system we live in

Fuck me just admit you want to make money don`t even suggest it will help the poor people.

51 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Right about what? I'm not really sure what you are going on about.

Some of us talk about investments all the time and frankly I'm sick of everything I read, hear and see being only about corona virus. There are other things going on in the world and in our lives.

Chill, dude.

7 minutes ago, Keleth said:

No but you do consider as a buying time the amount of people that will have to die from this virus.

Sure you don`t want to wait until 200k die or the healthcare system collapses ?

What ever I do, it will not increase or decrease the number of deaths,  I just  react on the data I see, I personally hope for the lowest number possible, but I fear is could be large because of what trump has done. 

7 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Fuck me just admit you want to make money don`t even suggest it will help the poor people.

The more money I make the more money the Government will get in taxes - thats just a fact of the tax system

read the above post, its like 50 times more tax the goverment will get than me leaving it in the bank 

Why are you against me trying to give the Government 50 times more tax, than they would get from if I left it in bank ?

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Right about what? I'm not really sure what you are going on about.

Some of us talk about investments all the time and frankly I'm sick of everything I read, hear and see being only about corona virus. There are other things going on in the world and in our lives.

Chill, dude.

So do you think 100k dead is a good time to buy or should he wait for a higher number,he`s looking for advice.

6 minutes ago, yesterday said:

The more money I make the more money the Government will get in taxes - thats just a fact of the tax system

read the above post, its like 50 times more tax the goverment will get than me leaving it in the bank 

Why are you against me trying to give the Government 50 times more tax, than they would get from if I left it in bank ?

I`m sorry I didn`t realise your investment was altruistic,I assumed you were doing it to make money that`s the way your post comes across.

It`s not the investing it`s that you consider the number of dead when you decide to buy.

Mass school shooting,good time to invest in Heckler and Koch ?

4 hours ago, arunadasi said:

Well I tried making a face-mask according to the video I posted on the other thread (or was it this one? I lost track) and it was a disaster. Partly because the instructions aren't clear; he says draw a line and cut along the top edge but then doesn't demonstrate, and then just uses the ready made one, doesn't show how far and it seems in the finished product it's NOT cut along the top edge and bla bla bla. So I am still experimenting. A good tip is to use a stapler not a safety pin, and you can use lots of staples. I guess I'll be experimenting today, got out a lot of old t shirts and we shall see...

I've got a sewing machine and made a couple of double-layered masks out of old pillow cases. My daughter-in-law wants some too, so I'll be sewing a couple for her over the weekend. I've also made a smaller one for my 3-year-old granddaughter. I'll put them in an envelope and pop it in their letterbox. I wore one at Aldi this morning. I saw a couple more people there wearing masks. I'll only be wearing one when I go shopping, though. 

100_4498.JPG

5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

So do you think 100k dead is a good time to buy or should he wait for a higher number,he`s looking for advice.

My scrolling finger is sore. Who is he and what is 100k dead? Do you have a link or quote about that? I must have missed something.

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

I`m sorry I didn`t realise your investment was altruistic,I assumed you were doing it to make money that`s the way your post comes across.

It`s not the investing it`s that you consider the number of dead when you decide to buy.

Mass school shooting,good time to invest in Heckler and Koch ?

You are quite correct I am doing to make money, thats also the reson I go to work  aswell - why do you go to work, is so you can buy stuff or because you will pay taxes and therefore help the govement with their cash flow problems.

I just consider  whats ever market circumstances there are at the same time, for which I am not responsible and invest in what I think will be good, sometimes I make money - which is good for me and the Government always takes it cut aswell

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My scrolling finger is sore. Who is he and what is 100k dead? Do you have a link or quote about that? I must have missed something.

That was a figure I heard on the news for the estimated number of deaths in the USA over the virus thing - sorry I do not have  a link

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Going back to my rant from a couple of pages ago this is a couple of posts in the Tesla thread...

I think the little matter of World War Two and other shit like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, preventable deaths from malaria, blindness in children, Biafra and God knows what also counts in the past 100 years. We have maybe the biggest hysteria for a hundred years. The difference- we are all linked on mass media now.

I am NOT underestimating corona. Fuck no.

But the world has always been a place to die in.

I hope nobody will misinterpret this. This virus is a pain in the arse. And it will have a terrible social and economic effect for God knows how long. The psychological aspects for so many individuals.. jeez.

😟

Making money- we must all. There are ethical ways to invest money. Selling weapons to terrorists and rogue States isn’t high on my list.

Ironically enough, the other week..can´t remember which thread...Alex and I were on about something or the other and I made the point (seriously! ) that only an invasion from aliens could unite humanity...maybe this is close enough? Stop warring and start giving future generations something to look forward to...

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

3 hours ago, yesterday said:

What do people here think of the best time to buy, I was thinking we are not at the bottom, yet, I was going to wait until we see the expected 100000 plus deaths in the USA and figures showing how well the USA is coping with the Virus - or maybe when we start to see a better more accurate and more availble testing - if you have the virus or can test if you already had it.

any views ?

1 minute ago, john g. said:

I think the little matter of World War Two and other shit like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, preventable deaths from malaria, blindness in children, Biafra and God knows what also counts in the past 100 years.

Yer sorry meant pandemic crisis.

2 minutes ago, yesterday said:

That was a figure I heard on the news for the estimated number of deaths in the USA over the virus thing - sorry I do not have  a link

Yep it`s how many deaths Trump will consider a "success".

12 minutes ago, bramble said:

I've got a sewing machine and made a couple of double-layered masks out of old pillow cases. My daughter-in-law wants some too, so I'll be sewing a couple for her over the weekend. I've also made a smaller one for my 3-year-old granddaughter. I'll put them in an envelope and pop it in their letterbox. I wore one at Aldi this morning. I saw a couple more people there wearing masks. I'll only be wearing one when I go shopping, though. 

100_4498.JPG

Oh, those looks very neat and nice! Mine are very clumsy in comparison. Maybe I should buy a sewing machine. Hmmmm... but where and how? Amazon probably won't deliver such inessential things, not to Ireland anyway.

Seen many strange conspiracy theories on the internet about the virus and one of them is how it is caused by 5G.But this one really goes whacko...

EUrkvQ-UwAERxOH.jpeg

@Keleth That is as bat ass crazy as the imbeciles that think Franklin Graham is part of a pedophile ring that is stealing adrenalin-based chemicals from the frightened children they have kidnapped.  Truly some wildly stupid people on the web.

Thanks yesterday and Keleth for pointing me in the right direction.

Don't worry, before long Trump will say that 200,000 is a huuuge success.