Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,387 posts in this topic

I just believe that a lot of people are going to realize what is really important in life and that it isn't stuff. Not all, of course. That alone would be an improvement. I'll hang onto that for now.

Innocent. Ha!:P

22 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Oh you sweet little innocent wide eyed child you.

It's, "Oh, sweet summer child."

This was great. Not sure if someone has already posted it.

A doctor’s no-holds-barred analysis of coronavirus testing shortcomings is going viral ― not just because of his blunt talk but because of where he made his case: live on Fox News.

Dr. Rishi Desai, chief medical officer of the Osmosis website, vigorously shook his head “no” as Fox News host Martha MacCallum mentioned, as President Donald Trump has, that there were supposed to be millions of tests available. She also said people were still waiting for a quick test for COVID-19. 

Desai responded with a fact-check.

“Yeah, they’re working on it,” he said. “They should’ve been working on it for months.”

Desai noted that the World Health Organization had issued a warning about the virus on Dec. 31, 2019

“We knew coronavirus was coming, we knew that it was a respiratory disease, we knew it was person-to-person,” he said. 

Yet it’s only now that the FDA approved a 15-minute test and even it has shortcomings. Then, Desai explained how South Korea was able to get ahead of the situation by testing early and often. 

“Look at what South Korea did, and what we did,” he said. “Their population is one-sixth of ours. Look at the cases they have. Look at the mortality they have. It’s a trifle compared to what we’re dealing with right now because we’ve had a very weak response and they had a really strong response.”  

MacCallum wrapped up the segment:

the video is awesome 

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I just believe that a lot of people are going to realize what is really important in life and that it isn't stuff. Not all, of course. That alone would be an improvement. I'll hang onto that for now.

100 percent what I am feeling right now (apart from tired!! ).

And I´m as innocent as you!

:lol:

My favourite post of the day.

(because I love people who agree with me!! )

:P

40 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

In the real world, however, stuff is extremely important still, because without its consumption you have a depression, mass bankruptcies, mass unemployment and related social unrest that will make the yellow vest movement look like a plastic fashion show.  The sight of empty Autobahns and planes parked on the ground and durable goods like cars and trucks and boats and motorcycles and ski-doos piling up with nobody to buy them is a horror show because the economy is still very much addicted to people buying that stuff and compared to this time last year, nobody's buying either the goods or that wonderful poison they run on called oil, which the economy is a long, long way from being able to live without.  (Some of the poorer grades  of oil are / were last week selling at negative prices, ie they were paying buyers to take supply off their hands. )

I'm not a pessimist, I really think some good will come out of all this - for example, companies will see the sense in having more workers stay home instead of commuting in traffic jams two hours a day to and from work, but don't hold your breath. 

On 1. April 2020 um 09:38:32, Krieg said:

Canned tomatoes should be easy peasy, the TP should be achievable but you might have to try several places and you might have to lower your expectations, we are right now on recycled TP; but paper towels and flour you are just being unrealistic.

You guys must have some severe problems in poor but sexy Berlin. Here, in provincial Munich, no similar issues.

Saw an item on the Red Light district in Amsterdam. It's like a ghost town. Creepy. Some prostitutes went into home-office instead.

Some bog roll coming back, flour - rare sightings. 

I find the comments about recycled bog roll really odd. It is such a win-win - all you are going to do with it is wipe your nether regions and then you are done with it - so using recycled paper seems pretty much perfect. We have used it ever since I can remember. If you get it in Penny it's even called 'Happy End' which is brilliant.

7 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Saw an item on the Red Light district in Amsterdam. It's like a ghost town. Creepy. Some prostitutes went into home-office instead

They are the ones bothering me on Skype for a while now! 
“hi! How are you?”

Learnt to block immediately. One even bit on an apple as a message of eroticism! Wow!😂

I am a real fan of lockdown, and haven`t totally lost hope that it will help all of us.

But, there increasingly seem to be people, maybe getting bored with being at home, who see going to the supermarket as an "outing" for the whole family.

The concept of keeping your distance is getting through as far as avoiding getting too near to other customers, but the staff are, apparently, invisible!

Only yesterday I had a lady barge past me to grab a pack of tomatoes, literally shoving me out of the way! When I mentioned to her that it way hardly a distance of 1,5m that she was keeping, she wasn`t at all interested, until I started a (fake) coughing fit - then she almost ran away!!! :D

Please guys and gals, if you have to go shopping, leave the kids at home, shop as quickly as you can, and give those who have to work on the shop floor their space too!

The day before yesterday, I was in Kaufland and I didn't see anybody with kids, however, people seemed to be trying to take shortcuts to get to the toilet paper faster or something because loads of people were trying to go up the aisles you usually go down according to the layout of the store.  The aisle is just wide enough for two people to meet.  There is no way you can keep a 1.5 m distance.

24 minutes ago, silty1 said:

America first!

Brought to you by the Chump In Charge...

He's nothing without the deluded millions who from the very beginning ignored all the warning signs about his total lack of suitability for leadership of so much as a piss-up at a brewery and who believe every word the garbage he's been spewing forth for his entire shit-show of a presidency.