Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,840 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

This isn't like a big terrorist attack where everybody wants to get back to normal ASAP to prove that is hasn't effected their lives. This thing in ongoing.

My family is devastated that they aren't going to Spain for the sea break but I have to calm them all down. They call me a "prepper" but I have always been like that.

21 minutes ago, kiplette said:

We do have masses of kitchen roll from a fehlkauf a while back, so I suppose that and a pair of paper scissors would give us something other than reading to do on the bog :lol:

That is a good solution, but the quilt effect is always weird! It may pay to keep newspapers out of the bins. You never know!

13 minutes ago, French bean said:

4 Ply? That's a bit posh isn't it? if things get really bad you could always try washing and reusing them.

Ha ha! Good one! Actually one uses half the sheets as one would with 2 ply. It all equals out.

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Ha ha! Good one! Actually one uses half the sheets as one would with 2 ply. It all equals out.

no joke!  In the US I used to buy Scott and man...even though the rolls were pretty big I blew through a roll every 2 days mostly by myself.

makes you think.

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What? Does one have to cut them in half then? Do you cut them across the width or along the roll?

Just a reminder from a concerned citizen of the world on Crete...if you use the loo here, DON´T  chuck your bog paper into the loo.Put it in the bin next to the toilet. The system can´t handle it,ok?

:lol:

Whether the bog standard taverna loo or a fairly 5 star hotel---warning!!!

11 hours ago, john g. said:

Just a reminder from a concerned citizen of the world on Crete...if you use the loo here, DON´T  chuck your bog paper into the loo.Put it in the bin next to the toilet. The system can´t handle it,ok?

:lol:

Whether the bog standard taverna loo or a fairly 5 star hotel---warning!!!

Once you've used a bum-gun you can't ever look back.

https://www.twogreenbackpacks.com/how-to-use-a-butt-spray-in-se-asia/

How to Use Bum Gun or Butt Spray in South East Asia.

I had a bum gun for years. Traded it in on a bidet integrated toilet seat. Much, much better and not expensive. No drips on the floor or wall like I had with the bum gun. You would love it!

Yes!!! I've seen them. If and when I get my very own place in Ireland it's the first thing I'll install. 

Just when I thought the whole world had gone crazy, I saw a note by the entrance to our house when I went out for my daily dozen. A couple wrote that if anyone in the house is high risk and needs some shopping or small errands done, just make a list with last name on it and drop it in their mailbox.

I blubbered a bit in the lift.

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I should make a list for them with face masks, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, pasta and dried beans. 

:D

Don't forget bananas. They were all sold out today in Rewe, along with cheap tuna and tomato paste.

If anyone needs dried beans, all Erlangen Edekas are covered up in them. Pasta too.

While lined up the store yesterday, somebody shouted "Corona!". I shouted back "Freibier!" (beer for free), and people laughed. ;)

This thread is CoronaCHAT.  Please keep real news in the other thread. (In case you are wondering why your or other's posts are no longer here.)

And, optimista, honestly, no one wants to hear your imagined fantasies about piles of bodies and mass graves and holocaust style ovens and shit.  Not in this thread and not anywhere else, either.  Stop trying to whip up fear and panic in people, it's disgusting. 

18 hours ago, lisa13 said:

no joke!  In the US I used to buy Scott and man...even though the rolls were pretty big I blew through a roll every 2 days mostly by myself.

makes you think.

I use one roll per week, but men don't use TP when they pee 🤗.