Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,944 posts in this topic

A lot of big chains stores in the U.S. said they won't be paying rent, either. I think they should be made to shut down their online shopping and, in some cases, take out food orders. (Cheesecake Factory was one.)

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

Not sure, do you have a smaller more pixelated picture?

Haha, social distance is the answer.

3 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

Big retailers in Germany say they plan to stop paying rent 
for stores that were told to close in order to slow the pandemic. 

Although I'm sure this wasn't the purpose of the policy, I think massive numbers of high-street closures wouldn't have been great either.

I must say I'm not really sad for the land-owners missing out on their rent, that was going to happen anyway of the shops went bankrupt.

The only problem with that, Krieg, is the workers at Adidas and co will suffer job losses through no fault of their own if their companies are boycotted.

But, yes , I DO see your point.

🙏🏻

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

A lot of big chains stores in the U.S. said they won't be paying rent, either. I think they should be made to shut down their online shopping and, in some cases, take out food orders. (Cheesecake Factory was one.)

Does that mean wont be paying rent for those months at all or will be owing it until later?  Even a big chain store might not have the cash to pay all their expenses if they are closed and even if they have online sales it could be a very small percentage of their total sales.  I think they need to find solutions where neither the business nor the landlord has to go bankrupt if possible and it could be means tested.  Say if somebody says they can't pay rent, they have to prove it.

14 hours ago, john g. said:

The only problem with that, Krieg, is the workers at Adidas and co will suffer job losses through no fault of their own if their companies are boycotted.

But, yes , I DO see your point.

🙏🏻

Those are markets that are mostly inelastic, people are going to buy the items from someone else, so those workers will end up moving to different brands.   Just like when people boycotted Schlecker, now we have more Rossmanns and DMs.

Those companies decided to actively take advantage of a loophole in government reliefs meant for the normal people, not for corporations, which incidentally have much more reliefs.   Their marketing department are suckers, this is the time when people are paying attention to who is helping and who is not.

can people please try to put news links, particularly ones about how things are affecting people outside of Germany, in the other thread?  This one is becoming more of a bummer with all the news and statistics.

We can give you some, Red! No shortage of any of that stuff here so far. Have never seen a run on toilet rolls in the supermarkets in town here, for example!

I couldn’t hold out any longer! I washed my hands and picked my nose. I waited 5 days!😂

47CCE600-58BF-41A7-92BB-64EFEA98BB5B.jpe

Google "Judge Jeanine" if you don't get the reference. Apparently she had an interesting show last night. Like two whole bottles interesting.

Just checked ebay for a basic cloth face mask and they have loads for under 10€.

checked Amazon as well and well over 25€ each for the same mask.

Decided anytime I'm in a store I wearing this mask. They had a nice with F**K You but I wanted it without the dots.

s-l1600.jpg

• - from the other Corona thread.

Not sure if going around frightening people is the right way to go about this, and as for "fuck you", really?!

It`s bad enough working in a supermarket right now, what with people coming far too close to you and everything, but then there are those who totally ignore the staff - don`t even manage to mumble a "moin" in return to a cheery "Grüß Gott!". It really is depressing enough without people wearing masks telling you to Fuck Off, so why not just buy a perfectly normal one that will protect both you and those around you?.

Oh, and don`t even think of getting me started on the weekend shoppers, who literally wait until Saturday to do their "weekend shop" - the majority of them are either doing home office, or shorter hours, so why on earth do you need to come shopping at the same time as ever on a Saturday?! FFS!!!

I only  want the best for you..don´t stick your fingers in your face..

PHOTO-2020-03-29-22-48-33 (002).jpg