Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,389 posts in this topic

200 PER PERSON ;)

I get all that, I do.  But what they are doing is messed up, regardless of whether it bothers you or not (and it does, which is worse).  I'm not sure it's petty to be concerned about their gatherings.

@dessa_dangerous Don't you think it's your duty to report these people according to the Infektionsschutzgesetz (infection protection act)? I know I would, considering how often it's happening in your house.

4 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Am Mittwoch, 25.03.2020, gegen 23:20 Uhr, rief ein Mitteiler beim Polizeinotruf 110 an und teilte mit, dass in einem Mehrfamilienhaus in der Tegernseer Landstraße in Obergiesing eine Party stattfinden würde. Streifen der Polizeiinspektion 23 (Giesing) und einer Einsatzhundertschaft fuhren zu der Örtlichkeit und stellten in einer Wohnung zwei Münchner (beide 49 Jahre alt) fest, die dort laut Musik hörten und alkoholische Getränke konsumierten. Einer der beiden hatte einen anderen Wohnsitz und war dort zu Gast. Dem Gast wurde ein Platzverweis erteilt und beide wurden wegen des Verstoßes nach dem Infektionsschutzgesetz angezeigt."

But that's just two people.  As far as I knew, you were allowed to meet with one other person.  Or are you only allowed to meet with the one other person in public?

8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It's a fine and not a reward and please don't tell me I've fallen into them missing-the-sarcasm trap yet again. ;)

nope, total brain fart on my part, you're right.

@lisa13 @bramble I mean... I know.  I know it, but... I can't do it.  I dunno why.  Something in me is hard-wired not to call the cops on my neighbors.  If I were to take any action, it would be to speak with them directly first, and as I've already had so many less-than-pleasant interactions with them about noise I just feel like I can't be going up there with this now, too.  Someone else will have to pick up the ball on this one, it can't be me this time, I'm afraid.  We will still have to live with each other after all this is over.  Maybe I should be reporting them but it's not going to happen.  And I'm definitely not the only one who will have noticed it... maybe someone else will do it.  Or not.

2 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@Sannerl good info, thanks.  Can you include a brief summary in English for our many readers who do not read German?  A couple of sentences to each one will suffice.

Even one guest that isn't a member of the specific household is one too many resulting in everyone present getting a complaint for not following the disease protection law. Everyone except the legal inhabitants has to leave the premises immediately.

5 minutes ago, LeonG said:

But that's just two people.  As far as I knew, you were allowed to meet with one other person.  Or are you only allowed to meet with the one other person in public?

The latter. Easy controllable.

11 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Even one guest that isn't a member of the specific household is one too many resulting in everyone present getting a complaint for not following the disease protection law. Everyone except the legal inhabitants has to leave the premises immediately.

I think Bundesweit the rule is one person who doesn't live at your house.  I know Munich had preemptively taken measures stricter than the subsequent general national edict.

nope, total brain fart on my part, you're right.

@lisa13 @bramble I mean... I know.  I know it, but... I can't do it.  I dunno why.  Something in me is hard-wired not to call the cops on my neighbors.  If I were to take any action, it would be to speak with them directly first, and as I've already had so many less-than-pleasant interactions with them about noise I just feel like I can't be going up there with this now, too.  Someone else will have to pick up the ball on this one, it can't be me this time, I'm afraid.  We will still have to live with each other after all this is over.  Maybe I should be reporting them but it's not going to happen.  And I'm definitely not the only one who will have noticed it... maybe someone else will do it.  Or not.

Believe me, I could live with being unpopular in such a serious case. 

Someone else will have to pick up the ball on this one, it can't be me this time, I'm afraid.  We will still have to live with each other after all this is over.  Maybe I should be reporting them but it's not going to happen.  And I'm definitely not the only one who will have noticed it... maybe someone else will do it.  Or not.

I wouldn't go up there because they obviously don't take the situation seriously and have a higher risk of infection. They don't need to know it was you, you can inform the police anonymously next time there is a large group.

https://www.internetwache-polizei-berlin.de/

@lisa13 @bramble I mean... I know.  I know it, but... I can't do it.  I dunno why.  Something in me is hard-wired not to call the cops on my neighbors.  If I were to take any action, it would be to speak with them directly first, and as I've already had so many less-than-pleasant interactions with them about noise I just feel like I can't be going up there with this now, too.  

I think I relate.   I come from a place where we don't rat people out and the general perception of the authorities is that while they are supposed to be there for all of us, they are not there for us in particular.

I highly suspect your feelings are similar.

1 minute ago, Sannerl said:

The latter. Easy controllable.

Especially because you still have to keep the distance in public. I still meet with a neighbour every day to walk the dogs, but we keep at least a distance of 2 meters. 

10 minutes ago, engelchen said:

I wouldn't go up there because they obviously don't take the situation seriously and have a higher risk of infection. They don't need to know it was you, you can inform the police anonymously.

have you actually done this?  Or known someone who has?  Or are there special cases which are excepted?  I did not know of any anonymous tip lines in Germany, if you report someone, they have a right to know who reported them or am I totally not recalling it correctly?  How could I be anonymous even if I tried?  They will know where the phone call came from.  Or email.

5 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

How could I be anonymous even if I tried?  They will know where the phone call came from.  Or email.

Ransom_note.jpg.182a6087e83cfacb72a56d02

They should be reported. They are effectively increasing the risk of infection in the building, town, community where they illegally are meeting.

It's not about the 200€ fine - it is the increased risk.

There are some SICKENING things going on from ignorant or just plain evil people:

'Coronavirus coughing' at emergency workers could lead to two years in jail, says CPS

The Crown Prosecution Service has put out a statement today saying that anyone using “coronavirus coughs” to threaten emergency workers could face serious criminal charges. It follows reports that police officers, shop workers and others have been coughed at by people claiming to have the disease.

The CPS says that using coughing in this way as a threat could lead to someone being charged with common assault. And it says that assaults specifically against emergency workers are punishable by up to two years in prison.

@engelchen ok, thanks for putting in the link.  Just from that page, it looks as if you can anonymously give a tip about corruption (makes sense, who wants the mafia to have their name) but in cases where normal citizens and direct action are involved?

3 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I think Bundesweit the rule is one person who doesn't live at your house.  I know Munich had preemptively taken measures stricter than the subsequent general national edict.

And then one more sneaking in...

No; the rule says in public. Point 3: https://warnung.bund.de/meldung/Coronavirus:_Informationen_des_Bundesministeriums_f%C3%BCr_Gesundheit_zur_Erweiterung_der_Leitlinien_zur_Beschr%C3%A4nkung_von_sozialen_Kontakten/DE-NW-BN-SE030-20200325-30-004

I highly recommend the app NINA - it's for extreme weather, too; but only in German.

https://www.bbk.bund.de/DE/NINA/Warn-App_NINA.html

https://warnung.bund.de/meldungen

https://www.bbk.bund.de/EN/Topics/Crisis_management/Warning/International_Visitors/International_Visitors_node.html

(Unfortunately, not that helpful)

There are still construction workers on the new building across the street finishing up the last bits and bobs. I see them daily working cheek to cheek - their heads about 1 or 2 feet apart. Oh well.

Das wirksamste Mittel, die Ausbreitung des Coronavirus zu verlangsamen und damit Leben zu retten, ist, so wenig andere Menschen wie möglich zu treffen (soziale Distanz). Am besten niemanden. Das ist die klare Botschaft aus dem Bundesgesundheitsministerium und von Experten wie dem Chef-Virologen der Berliner Charité Christian Drosten. Die sonst so beliebten „Playdates“, also Verabredungen zum Spielen mit einem oder gar mehreren anderen Kindern, sollten deshalb unbedingt ausfallen. Spielgruppen einzurichten, nur um nicht allein seine Kinder beschäftigen zu müssen, ist deshalb keine gute Idee. Eine Sprecherin des baden-württembergischen Gesundheitsministeriums nennt solche Treffen „unverantwortlich“. Und betont: „Bleiben Sie mit Ihren Kindern zu Hause! So schwer das sein mag, Kinder in dieser Zeit bei Laune zu halten, aber hier müssen Eltern vernünftig und verantwortungsvoll handeln.“

https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.coronavirus-und-der-neue-familienalltag-eltern-und-kinder-allein-zu-haus.0c533999-9f2b-46ae-aded-aad5d8a36e8e.html

The most effective means of slowing down the spread of the coronavirus and thus saving lives is to affect as few other people as possible (social distance). Preferably no one. This is the clear message from the Federal Ministry of Health and from experts such as the chief virologist at Berlin's Charité hospital, Christian Drosten. The otherwise so popular "playdates", i.e. dates to play with one or even several other children, should therefore be cancelled at all costs. Setting up play groups just to avoid having to keep your children busy alone is therefore not a good idea. A spokeswoman of the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Health calls such meetings "irresponsible". And stresses: "Stay at home with your children! As hard as it may be to keep children happy during this time, parents must act reasonably and responsibly." 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

I thought I'd have a bigger uptick in use as I'm normally peeing mostly in the office,

Peeing in the office? What do you do? Pee in the waste paper bin? I must say I thought you were civilised, can you not use a toilet or a tree like everyone else?

Just now, French bean said:

Peeing in the office? What do you do? Pee in the waste paper bin? I must say I thought you were civilised, can you not use a toilet or a tree like everyone else?

I'm not telling...what happens in the office, stays in the office ;)