Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,007 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, bramble said:

When shopping at Aldi's this morning I saw a middle-aged woman wearing a face mask and gloves. Nothing so unusual at present, but she was also holding an opened UMBRELLA close to her head while searching the shelves. Flummoxed. Does she think the virus is going to rain down on her from the ceiling? 

 

:lol::lol: I'm dead :lol::lol:

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

dude.  a single hamster would leave anyone feeling peckish for more - that's like a snack.  God forbid you're trying to feed a whole household.

 

I thought he meant using a hamster as TP.  In that case I'd say one hamster per family member but for good hygiene you should wash it after each use. 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh my goodness...somehow I'd feel better about noshing on one of the poor little buggers

 

ok ok - let's call actual hamster talk off limits, eh?  I'm afraid.  very very afraid.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bramble said:

When shopping at Aldi's this morning I saw a middle-aged woman wearing a face mask and gloves. Nothing so unusual at present, but she was also holding an opened UMBRELLA close to her head while searching the shelves. Flummoxed. Does she think the virus is going to rain down on her from the ceiling? 

 

Actually the size of the opened umbrella will keep other people from getting very close to her.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

 

I've seen 10 times worse every time I leave the apartment.

I forgot to put my mascara on this morning as well! Ok, I was jetlagged!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

Actually the size of the opened umbrella will keep other people from getting very close to her.

Maybe the size of the woman was a factor? There are some terrifying women out there.

:lol:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

Actually the size of the opened umbrella will keep other people from getting very close to her.

 

Sounds like a good idea then. Wonder why the Chinese never thought of it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we are going out tomorrow daughter, wife and I for what will be like the pre-Christmas shop. I call it "Nuclear War Shopping" as the hysteria hits then also. Why the fixation on bog rolls is a mystery. The ladies need to think of the "downstairs" tissues- 5 packs. I just realised I use dog "nappy" tissues" in bad weather where she pees indoors. I may have to start storing newspaper instead of the blue bin, just in case. 

 

Many of you may now understand why the war generation had houses full of tat. It became a habit from scarcer times. I still have a paraffin Art Deco lamp from the 1973 oil crisis. We had it on in the evenings and was magical to switch everything off. 

 

This will be a time to keep an eye on each other on TT and check in after a few days not here. PM them. No matter what your opinions on the wider things, we need to share links and info here. Peace on all of you.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

I just realised I use dog "nappy" tissues" in bad weather where she pees indoors.

 

What? Flummoxed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno, Jeremy. Why the fixation on bog rolls? Does corona cause diarrhoea? I have read about coughing and sneezing and breathlessness but shitting non-stop?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, john g. said:

Dunno, Jeremy. Why the fixation on bog rolls? Does corona cause diarrhoea? I have read about coughing and sneezing and breathlessness but shitting non-stop?

 

It's in case you have to self isolate yourself for 2 weeks and you have enough to tide you over. A family with kids will need more than a single person like myself. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering self isolating for a lot longer than 2 weeks and not because I "have" to. I have developed what I hope is a healthy case of paranoia.

 

This isn't like a big terrorist attack where everybody wants to get back to normal ASAP to prove that is hasn't effected their lives. This thing in ongoing.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

In that time, I purchased three separate 10-packs, one at a time

 

Dude, I am so under supplied. I was feeling smug that I bought a 10 pack, and then an 8 pack. There are loads of us. I have not done my duty. It's going to be sponge(or hamster)-on-a-stick time with us soon enough. 

 

We do have masses of kitchen roll from a fehlkauf a while back, so I suppose that and a pair of paper scissors would give us something other than reading to do on the bog :lol:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bramble said:

 

Sounds like a good idea then. Wonder why the Chinese never thought of it. 

 

They did :)

 

 

87886409_582567098962046_7885544592357982208_n.jpg

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if toilet seats with integrated bidet systems are flying off the shelves now. 

 

As @arunadasi mentioned, no paper necessary.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I have been casually hamstering TP for about a week and a half.  In that time, I purchased three separate 10-packs, one at a time.

 

We would have enough but someone keeps using it. FFS it's for emergencies, not for wiping your bum when you feel like it.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kiplette said:

 

Dude, I am so under supplied. I was feeling smug that I bought a 10 pack, and then an 8 pack. There are loads of us. I have not done my duty. It's going to be sponge(or hamster)-on-a-stick time with us soon enough. 

 

We do have masses of kitchen roll from a fehlkauf a while back, so I suppose that and a pair of paper scissors would give us something other than reading to do on the bog :lol:

I had to put postits around our toilet roll holders to advise max 4 pieces for No 1’s and 8 for No 2’s after I realized my family were using several arm lengths for all!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, emkay said:

I had to put postits around our toilet roll holders to advise max 4 pieces for No 1’s and 8 for No 2’s after I realized my family were using several arm lengths for all!!

 

How many layers? We use 4 ply - 4 sheets for pee and 5 for poo but that is just for drying off after spraying. Butt wipes are also necessary sometimes. I haven't seen any shortages of those.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

omg I...I...

 

I'm rationing myself too.  no postits required.

 

I'm down to two sheets when I pee.  For the other I am trying to be conscientious about it but there is noooooo limit ;)

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

 

How many layers? We use 4 ply - 4 sheets for pee and 5 for poo but that is just for drying off after spraying. Butt wipes are also necessary sometimes. I haven't seen any shortages of those.

4 Ply? That's a bit posh isn't it? if things get really bad you could always try washing and reusing them.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now