Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,007 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, bramble said:

When shopping at Aldi's this morning I saw a middle-aged woman wearing a face mask and gloves. Nothing so unusual at present, but she was also holding an opened UMBRELLA close to her head while searching the shelves. Flummoxed. Does she think the virus is going to rain down on her from the ceiling? 

:lol::lol: I'm dead :lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

dude.  a single hamster would leave anyone feeling peckish for more - that's like a snack.  God forbid you're trying to feed a whole household.

I thought he meant using a hamster as TP.  In that case I'd say one hamster per family member but for good hygiene you should wash it after each use. 

oh my goodness...somehow I'd feel better about noshing on one of the poor little buggers

ok ok - let's call actual hamster talk off limits, eh?  I'm afraid.  very very afraid.

18 minutes ago, bramble said:

When shopping at Aldi's this morning I saw a middle-aged woman wearing a face mask and gloves. Nothing so unusual at present, but she was also holding an opened UMBRELLA close to her head while searching the shelves. Flummoxed. Does she think the virus is going to rain down on her from the ceiling? 

Actually the size of the opened umbrella will keep other people from getting very close to her.

9 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I've seen 10 times worse every time I leave the apartment.

I forgot to put my mascara on this morning as well! Ok, I was jetlagged!

3 minutes ago, LeonG said:

Actually the size of the opened umbrella will keep other people from getting very close to her.

Maybe the size of the woman was a factor? There are some terrifying women out there.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, LeonG said:

Sounds like a good idea then. Wonder why the Chinese never thought of it. 

Well we are going out tomorrow daughter, wife and I for what will be like the pre-Christmas shop. I call it "Nuclear War Shopping" as the hysteria hits then also. Why the fixation on bog rolls is a mystery. The ladies need to think of the "downstairs" tissues- 5 packs. I just realised I use dog "nappy" tissues" in bad weather where she pees indoors. I may have to start storing newspaper instead of the blue bin, just in case. 

Many of you may now understand why the war generation had houses full of tat. It became a habit from scarcer times. I still have a paraffin Art Deco lamp from the 1973 oil crisis. We had it on in the evenings and was magical to switch everything off. 

This will be a time to keep an eye on each other on TT and check in after a few days not here. PM them. No matter what your opinions on the wider things, we need to share links and info here. Peace on all of you.

3 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

I just realised I use dog "nappy" tissues" in bad weather where she pees indoors.

What? Flummoxed.

Dunno, Jeremy. Why the fixation on bog rolls? Does corona cause diarrhoea? I have read about coughing and sneezing and breathlessness but shitting non-stop?

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

Dunno, Jeremy. Why the fixation on bog rolls? Does corona cause diarrhoea? I have read about coughing and sneezing and breathlessness but shitting non-stop?

It's in case you have to self isolate yourself for 2 weeks and you have enough to tide you over. A family with kids will need more than a single person like myself. 

I'm considering self isolating for a lot longer than 2 weeks and not because I "have" to. I have developed what I hope is a healthy case of paranoia.

This isn't like a big terrorist attack where everybody wants to get back to normal ASAP to prove that is hasn't effected their lives. This thing in ongoing.

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

In that time, I purchased three separate 10-packs, one at a time

Dude, I am so under supplied. I was feeling smug that I bought a 10 pack, and then an 8 pack. There are loads of us. I have not done my duty. It's going to be sponge(or hamster)-on-a-stick time with us soon enough. 

We do have masses of kitchen roll from a fehlkauf a while back, so I suppose that and a pair of paper scissors would give us something other than reading to do on the bog :lol:

35 minutes ago, bramble said:

Sounds like a good idea then. Wonder why the Chinese never thought of it. 

They did :)

87886409_582567098962046_7885544592357982208_n.jpg

I wonder if toilet seats with integrated bidet systems are flying off the shelves now. 

As @arunadasi mentioned, no paper necessary.

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I have been casually hamstering TP for about a week and a half.  In that time, I purchased three separate 10-packs, one at a time.

We would have enough but someone keeps using it. FFS it's for emergencies, not for wiping your bum when you feel like it.

4 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Dude, I am so under supplied. I was feeling smug that I bought a 10 pack, and then an 8 pack. There are loads of us. I have not done my duty. It's going to be sponge(or hamster)-on-a-stick time with us soon enough. 

We do have masses of kitchen roll from a fehlkauf a while back, so I suppose that and a pair of paper scissors would give us something other than reading to do on the bog :lol:

I had to put postits around our toilet roll holders to advise max 4 pieces for No 1’s and 8 for No 2’s after I realized my family were using several arm lengths for all!!

6 minutes ago, emkay said:

I had to put postits around our toilet roll holders to advise max 4 pieces for No 1’s and 8 for No 2’s after I realized my family were using several arm lengths for all!!

How many layers? We use 4 ply - 4 sheets for pee and 5 for poo but that is just for drying off after spraying. Butt wipes are also necessary sometimes. I haven't seen any shortages of those.

omg I...I...

I'm rationing myself too.  no postits required.

I'm down to two sheets when I pee.  For the other I am trying to be conscientious about it but there is noooooo limit ;)

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

How many layers? We use 4 ply - 4 sheets for pee and 5 for poo but that is just for drying off after spraying. Butt wipes are also necessary sometimes. I haven't seen any shortages of those.

4 Ply? That's a bit posh isn't it? if things get really bad you could always try washing and reusing them.