Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,387 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, arunadasi said:

Another (personal) silver lining and hopefully not TMI for you: I haven't worn a bra for over a week.

Me neither;)

1 hour ago, Metall said:

Ah, are they made of paper towels these days?

(sorry could not resist ;) )

Stuffed with... ;)

Another (personal) silver lining and hopefully not TMI for you: I haven't worn a bra for over a week.

I raise that by several decades and call.

Me either because I haven't gone out in public. I have made a point to get out of my sweats and put on real clothes the last 3 days. Progress or sanity?

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Me either because I haven't gone out in public. I have made a point to get out of my sweats and put on real clothes the last 3 days. Progress or sanity?

Because I'm doing some work online, I get up in the morning, shower, get ready for work, and walk into my living room.  I look quite professional from the waist up, the rest of me, not so much!

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Independence Day today here in Greece. Hardly a soul around in our area. We were with the dogs at the beach. Normally, it is packed on this day with families and their picnics and the taverna in full swing.

Nothing, zilch.

😟

Have you not noticed there a pandemic going on at the mo?   WTF did you expect to be going on?

Orgies and kite flying, Spider! Not even that this year thanks to the pandemic. Spoilsport virus😟

1 hour ago, Tap said:

Because I'm doing some work online, I get up in the morning, shower, get ready for work, and walk into my living room.  I look quite professional from the waist up, the rest of me, not so much!

You have just given away my professional secret of Skype chats with clients, Tap!

Professional above, naked below!😂

Damn!😟

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I do get up and have a shower and put on decent clothes -- mostly Schlabber-pants and jumpers, or if I'm feeling posh, a kaftan. If I have to go shopping, I will change into good trousers and wear a jacket. But: NO BRA.

25 minutes ago, john g. said:

You have just given away my professional secret of Skype chats with clients, Tap!

Professional above, naked below!😂

Damn!😟

I once had to do a podcast-group discussion/interview with people in the USA. It was at 2 am my time! So I got out of bed, washed my face, brushed my hair, put on a bra and a nice top -- and then went online. Only then they revealed to me that it to be without video! All my preparations for nothing!

Funnily enough, arunadasi, I had a Skype call today, 9 am German time, with a new client and I did all the right things- brushed a couple of teeth, combed my unwashed hair etc.

The client was lovely and told me he was not an early riser.

I could see only his face.

It was a great, friendly chat.

Only when I tried to finish the call- and struggling to find the stop button - did I realise HE was still in bed and naked torso- wise. Dunno about the rest!

😂

As a new retiree, I wore pajamas a lot. But through the years I've changed, and I get dressed every day, in t-shirts, sweat shirts, blue jeans, and even a bra, although nowadays my children have made me promise not to leave the house for situations which would involve interacting with others.
It makes me feel good to be fully dressed, especially now. And if it makes you feel better to spend the day in your jammies, that's a good reason to do it. :) 

In fact, dress the whole family in pajamas - don't just save it for Christmas or Hanukkah.

5e7bb9d424c2e_Hanukka2019.jpg.f7e69226f5

A few laughs will do everyone good during this trying time.

Wondering if prison inmates will be bottom of the pecking order when it comes to triage. Also wondering what will happen inside when all the staff are off sick.

This car has been parked in our street for a long time.  No one knows who it belongs to.  Amazing that people still leave their cars with valuables in clear view. 
E8D51310-F2B5-4E8B-8150-6F9931515B88.jpe

12 hours ago, john g. said:

Funnily enough, arunadasi, I had a Skype call today, 9 am German time, with a new client and I did all the right things- brushed a couple of teeth, combed my unwashed hair etc.

The client was lovely and told me he was not an early riser.

I could see only his face.

It was a great, friendly chat.

Only when I tried to finish the call- and struggling to find the stop button - did I realise HE was still in bed and naked torso- wise. Dunno about the rest!

😂

oh man that made my day, working from home is a huge adjustment for many people. Loads of embarrassing videos, best was lady who took her phone to the toilet.

Noticed this

C2F4528E-B33D-4489-A746-0C20520EFBE2.jpeg

Mentioned to a friend reading the Drudge Report is like watching a zombie apocalypse unfold in real life. Strangest is the Republicans seem to be determined to kill off their own voters!

3 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

tuff.jpg.ee6407cf3d3ef27038202ea8c7f9bb4

"An Adventure in Space and Time"

First solve! Yeah! ;)

Looks like NY is the new Italy, the morgues have run put of space so refrigerator trucks are being rooed in to store the dead.