Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,389 posts in this topic

Rossman here is still out of TP and paper towels, but soap and liquid soap are back in stock.

Went to my local small supermarket this afternoon, thinking it would be quiet, which it would be under normal circumstances. No chance. At least eight other customers, which is a lot for the size of the place, and not all observing the "keep your distance" signs, including an elderly nun. A bloke with his son (why did he bring his kid?!) huffing, seemingly because I was standing at a 2 m distance from the customer at the till. They stood behind me, keeping a modest distance, then when it was my turn and I went to the end of the chute to fill up my bag they moved forward with the kid right next to the payment machine, so I had to ask them (and the others behind them) to step back. More huffing from the father. Honestly! This "social distancing" is all very well but it's people like him that are going to help spread this thing.

On reflection, yes, maybe he was a single parent and couldn't leave his son at home, rather than treating the trip to the supermarket as an outing, but he should have been taking the social distancing instructions seriously and making sure his son did too.

5 hours ago, optimista said:

Reminds me of that hole in the church wall where the lepers would peer through during mass...

Or that crack in the wall where Pyramus and Thisbe would whisper to one another. :) 

5 hours ago, pappnase said:

Imagine all them top athletes now just sitting on their arses watching the telly and stuffing pizzas and Cornettos in their faces!  

How are they gonna train? 

I suppose the javelin, discus and shot put can be practiced out of a window with a tin of beans or a bog roll.

But what are the pole vaulters gonna do? 

olympics.JPG.13602c864b071453a4a36cf362e

Interesting times, indeed. 

Now that the teenagers have disappeared into thin air (no sign of them anywhere around here) the Stadtpark is very clean, no litter, no broken bottles, no cigarette butts. 

D'yer think, providing we survive, that society will be a better place once this is over? 

I detest throwing food away and now I am even more aware of using everything.

Anyone smoking the banana skins? 

HImself scored everything we needed at VMarkt today. The only thing he didn't find was paper towels. We didn't need toilet paper. They even had flour. Plenty of meat, lamb, etc.

At our village Minimarkt today- one person at a time allowed in. Gloves and disinfectant at the entrance. You waited outside and kept your distance. Then you went in.

Only problem- the sister of the owner is not bright. She kept walking around close to your face inside.

Incest in the village and she is a result of it.

Seriously. She “ works “ there- sort of.

On 22/03/2020, 19:23:42, Rushrush said:

Sure this is going to come up quite a bit, via FB post

I am frustrated by the news, because I have to move out and move in a new apartment next Sunday, on the 5th floor without elevator. I dont know, how to do it without help of other people. One more person is not enough, its just too much and too heavy to carry. I feel lost

On 22/03/2020, 19:44:44, El Jeffo said:

Exceptions as required for work are explicitly allowed. I'm fairly certain moving is considered "work", even if the people helping are doing so voluntarily.

The police have a different take on the matter:

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/thema/2020/coronavirus/beitraege/umzug-beschraenkungen-unternehmen-erlaubt.html

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

HImself scored everything we needed at VMarkt today. The only thing he didn't find was paper towels. We didn't need toilet paper. They even had flour. Plenty of meat, lamb, etc.

Norma is carrying paper towels, I got some today. :)

"Coronavirus: US man dies after taking drug he thought stopped virus"

Best bit:

The drug has been touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for the virus.

It is also an additive commonly used to clean fish tanks.

Edit:

thanks @SpiderPig

41 minutes ago, Metall said:

Norma is carrying paper towels, I got some today. :)

Thanks, Metall. I think we don't need paper towels. We always use cloth napkins and I have a drawer full of tea towels for wiping up big messes in the kitchen. Now he will just have to use a cloth napkin for breakfast and snacks. Or put his Brotzeit on a plate instead of on a paper towel.

Another silver lining from where I sit. We are going to be much greener after this virus crap.

Waiting to see if toilet paper shows up as a new form of currency. What will the exchange rate be measured in? Rolls or squares? :) 

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Another silver lining from where I sit. We are going to be much greener after this virus crap.

Don't get your hopes up to high.Things are never as bad as they could get.