Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,389 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

but you may as well be shaking hands with a random number of other shoppers if you're handling a trolley.  Unless they are wiping them down between uses.

Our Rewe gives out disinfectant surface wipes on the way into the shop.

14 minutes ago, emkay said:

Yes, he told me...I went to the shop next door.

:facepalm:

30 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

but you may as well be shaking hands with a random number of other shoppers if you're handling a trolley.  Unless they are wiping them down between uses.

Supermarkets here have those baskets on wheels which you can pull around, and I use them more than trolleys. I wear gloves when I go shopping now.

11 minutes ago, CiaraDoran said:

Is there a curfew set in Germany yet? 

Not that I'm aware of. However, all "gatherings" of more than two people are now prohibited.

I read in the Morgenpost that people are encouraged to carry proof of ID around with them, so police can easily ascertain if you're really just popping around to the corner shops and whether the group of people you're walking with all live at the same address.

8 minutes ago, CiaraDoran said:

Is there alot of police on the streets? 

No more than two together...

8 minutes ago, CiaraDoran said:

Just saw one slowly rolling down our street. I have no idea about everywhere else.

9 minutes ago, CiaraDoran said:

Not that I've noticed.

I went out to scope out the current parking situation and walked over to the wiesn - hardly any cars en route, a few bikes, a few peds, no groups, and no cops.  

but it's colder than a witch's tit out there!  brrrr!

Any updates on shopping?

Are there big lines outside of Lidls Rewe?

Toilet paper in stock?

Online Rewe is booked up solid and you can't make any appointments. Amazon delivering as normal. I tried ordering some meds online, ibuprofen and other basics completely sold out!

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

but if you got infected you'd share it with everyone else at home.   

Yes... But if MrMkay stayed in the car... there is a 50% less chance of the MKay familly getting infected.. 

I have just got back from my local Lidl and there are whole famillies wandering about  and just one security bloke stood inside next to the tills shoving donuts in his face!

No wonder the virus is spreading like it is... 

30 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

Online Rewe is booked up solid and you can't make any appointments.

I found this to be true in Munich (or at least in my delivery area) several weeks before this ramped up as my local Rewe closed and I do miss some of their products, so I thought ordering online would be a good solution - nope.  I never looked into it prior so not sure if this is a recent bottleneck or if they are just not quite up to meeting demand even in the best of times.  

A friend sent me a link the other day- saying it was an interesting interview about Covoid-19 conspiracy.

However, I recognised the name, so replied:

"Thanks , but I have read and heard much about this man, David Icke, and I cannot get my head around his ideas of alien reptilian invaders, being a son of the Godhead and Holocaust denial".

So, not posting any links^_^

@RedMidge Thank you for NOT posting conspiracy info here! 

Personally I think there is enough misinformation with just normal media without adding in conspiracy theories.  I am well aware there are a lot of people with fragile mental health who are really hitting their edges with what is happening right now and many are finding it hard to discern real information due to anxiety overwhelm. I feel we can all contribute but being responsible for what we post whether here, other threads or in our daily lives. 

Humour is welcomed but NOT when it is derogatory to others or spreading misinformation. :P

Yes I agree people should only get their information from a trusted source, so many people are spreading rumours just to make people more fearful than they already are!

A whine and a flummox:

I'm being given a two week forced holiday. Even though I was working from home anyway, for 2 weeks I won't be allowed to. In all seriousness, mental health is a factor and I live by myself and so being able to keep busy and talk to my colleagues every day makes a big difference.

And the flummoxy bit: Just received a text from the NHS telling me I'm at high risk and so should stay at home for 12 weeks. I don't think I am at high risk, and I'm not the NHS' problem anyway.