Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,841 posts in this topic

It is strange how the mind works..my buddy Tor and I had just had lunch in Hamburg and, as we walked out of the eatery, I spotted two hookers (not surprising...close to the Hauptbahnhof ) and  I thought: " I wonder what they say to  their " clients ".  " Coronover to my place? "

:rolleyes:

But,  seriously, yet another for those in that trade to worry about.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, john g. said:

I spotted two hookers (not surprising...close to the Hauptbahnhof ) and  I thought: " I wonder what they say to  their " clients ".  " Coronover to my place? "

:rolleyes:

 

 

 

corona_safe.jpg

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's me flummoxed...

 

On Wednesday, my wife sent me out in search of TP, and I actually had to hit up 3 different stores before I found one that had stock. So I bought 2 8-packs.

 

Fast forward to today, when my wife arrives home from work with 2 10-packs of TP in her hands. 
 

Me: "But I just bought some Wednesday..."

Her: "Yeah, but it's only 3-ply."

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dessa_dangerous I have finally returned with my report: Just like joy in Mudville, there is no handsoap in Metro. Mighty Alex has struck out.

 

 

Okay, I managed to spend 160€ on meat and produce, but not on soap.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@dessa_dangerous I have finally returned with my report: Just like joy in Mudville, there is no handsoap in Metro. Mighty Alex has struck out.

 

 

Okay, I managed to spend 160€ on meat and produce, but not on soap.

 

so, full transparency, I've been grocery shopping four times today--to the Turkish market for cilantro and bean sprouts, Kaufland for everything else, Edeka for the stuff KL didn't have, and then Edeka again when I changed my mind about what I wanted for dinner tonight ;) picked up some of the soap I'd forgotten to put on the list earlier.  My preferred brand still had a few packages left but it was overall slim pickings.  Even body wash was running low and it's safe to say that toilet paper was completely empty.  Even the paper towel shelf was bare as a bone.  What in the hell, people?  Paper towels?  I mean, I do use them, primarily as napkins, but I will for sure survive the zombie apocalypse without them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went shopping in town here on Crete today. Plenty of toilet paper in the supermarkets  but no hand disinfectant in any pharmacies...none.

No hand soap in the most popular cafeteria either. Not that everybody uses it anyway. It always shocks me how many people go the toilet and don´t wash their hands afterwards. My partner Nicole even spotted one of the waitresses coming out of the ladies room without washing her hands..and this is the " poshest " of cafés  here.

:ph34r:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

can someone combine this with the other corona thread? 

 

Hi oscar, the other thread is a good place for keeping up-to-date on facts, news and information that concern us all.  I started this thread for chit-chat about all the somewhat less essential stuff we are observing or experiencing in our own daily lives that have been brought about by the issue.  Here it is more an empirical evidence, gossip and complaining thread, for stuff that maybe doesn't belong in a thread about Real Facts pertaining to the spread, containment and politics of the virus.

 

I have heard that moderators are already doing their best to keep the other thread free of fake news and the incitement of hysteria.  In this thread, you can be as hysterical as you want (wait, uh... kind of. not really.  we'll see).  No one will ask you to cite your sources here--it is just about how you are experiencing this crazy time in globalized human history.  

 

When in doubt, though, if you think a thread needs merging, it's best to either report the first "offending" post in the newer thread or contact a moderator directly, as (all together now) MODS DON'T READ EVERY POST!!

 

except in this particular thread. hehe ;) 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Paper towels?

 

Aldi was out of TP yesterday so I bought some paper towels in case I eventually run out of TP 

 

I honestly did.  how pathetic is that?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

 

Aldi was out of TP yesterday so I bought some paper towels in case I eventually run out of TP 

 

I honestly did.  how pathetic is that?

 

tsk tsk tsk, lisa... you should have been hamstering since WEEKS now!

 

I have been casually hamstering TP for about a week and a half.  In that time, I purchased three separate 10-packs, one at a time.

 

The sick thing is that your post now makes me think I did the right thing.  THIS IS MADNESS

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

 

Hi oscar, the other thread is a good place for keeping up-to-date on facts, news and information that concern us all.  I started this thread for chit-chat about all the somewhat less essential stuff we are observing or experiencing in our own daily lives that have been brought about by the issue.  Here it is more an empirical evidence, gossip and complaining thread, for stuff that maybe doesn't belong in a thread about Real Facts pertaining to the spread, containment and politics of the virus.

 

I have heard that moderators are already doing their best to keep the other thread free of fake news and the incitement of hysteria.  In this thread, you can be as hysterical as you want (wait, uh... kind of. not really.  we'll see).  No one will ask you to cite your sources here--it is just about how you are experiencing this crazy time in globalized human history.  

 

When in doubt, though, if you think a thread needs merging, it's best to either report the first "offending" post in the newer thread or contact a moderator directly, as (all together now) MODS DON'T READ EVERY POST!!

 

except in this particular thread. hehe ;) 

Evening, Dessa! Just wondering if Toytown has some kind of clever plan in case people such as yourself succumb to a terrible disease eg this-new-thingy which is causing footie matches to be postponed. Forget the name of this new terrible thingy.

 

IF you--yes, YOU, erm, get struck down by this-new-thingy and have to self-mutilate or whatever the new word is..who shall we report to to complain about spam  posters selling face masks  at terribly inflated prices?

We need to know!!

:P

(luv ya really! )

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Me: "But I just bought some Wednesday..."

Her: "Yeah, but it's only 3-ply."

 

I'm so sorry to say this but I am your wife.

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

 

corona_safe.jpg

I normally like to voice my opinion about my favourite post of the day. The time of day has come....! Or should it be " position of the day"?

Asking for a friend.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When shopping at Aldi's this morning I saw a middle-aged woman wearing a face mask and gloves. Nothing so unusual at present, but she was also holding an opened UMBRELLA close to her head while searching the shelves. Flummoxed. Does she think the virus is going to rain down on her from the ceiling? 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

 

tsk tsk tsk, lisa... you should have been hamstering since WEEKS now!

 

I have been casually hamstering TP for about a week and a half.  In that time, I purchased three separate 10-packs, one at a time.

 

The sick thing is that your post now makes me think I did the right thing.  THIS IS MADNESS

 

well...see, since our local supermarket closed (when I say "local", I mean it was right across the street) I started buying a 10 pack at least, any time I took my car shopping to avoid lugging it around on foot. Doesn't help that when I buy food, I usually do so as-needed in small shops instead of big markets, and these places don't sell TP.  So based on purely convenience related hamstering, I already have 20 rolls stashed, plus the 5 left from the last pack.  and now three extra rolls of paper towels and a box of tissues (I really should have gone for 4 boxes of tissues as they are more multipurpose...meh)

 

anyway the really sick thing is that all these people telling me there's no TP out there make me think *I* did the right thing, if only by accident!  

 

hehehehehe - madness indeed.  we're all going to hell together ;) 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, john g. said:

Evening, Dessa! Just wondering if Toytown has some kind of clever plan in case people such as yourself succumb to a terrible disease eg this-new-thingy which is causing footie matches to be postponed. Forget the name of this new terrible thingy.

 

IF you--yes, YOU, erm, get struck down by this-new-thingy and have to self-mutilate or whatever the new word is..who shall we report to to complain about spam  posters selling face masks  at terribly inflated prices?

We need to know!!

:P

(luv ya really! )

 

shiyah... I don't run shiyah.  Report function should do.  Spuds on the other side of the earth, Bob on the other side of the country, I'm sure we can't all die at once.

 

And if I'm not mistaken, with my tender 38 years, I'm still the youngest, but the others aren't exactly doddering or unhealthy either.  No reason to expect any of us should be unable to moderate except possibly in the case of Spuds with his fambly and Real Life and Bob with his Outer Hebrides.  Me, I'll be TTing on the death bed.  Don't you worry.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, john g. said:

Did any of you see this revolting lady the other day?

 

I've seen 10 times worse every time I leave the apartment.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

 

well...see, since our local supermarket closed (when I say "local", I mean it was right across the street) I started buying a 10 pack at least, any time I took my car shopping to avoid lugging it around on foot. Doesn't help that when I buy food, I usually do so as-needed in small shops instead of big markets, and these places don't sell TP.  So based on purely convenience related hamstering, I already have 20 rolls stashed, plus the 5 left from the last pack.  and now three extra rolls of paper towels and a box of tissues (I really should have gone for 4 boxes of tissues as they are more multipurpose...meh)

 

anyway the really sick thing is that all these people telling me there's no TP out there make me think *I* did the right thing, if only by accident!  

 

hehehehehe - madness indeed.  we're all going to hell together ;) 

It´s at times like this when I wonder about this craze with hamster buying for toilet paper. What are you people all eating?

Wouldn´t it be more economical just to buy ONE hamster?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dude.  a single hamster would leave anyone feeling peckish for more - that's like a snack.  God forbid you're trying to feed a whole household.

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now