Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,391 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@kirakay Agreed. I got in touch with our hairdresser and a few other vendors and told them the same thing. We're going to need them later anyway.

yes for us all to sustain into the future we need to support all of us going forward, specially those of us who do still have work/jobs at present. Who knows who may support us in the future?! Paying it forward makes sense to me :P

(CNN) Running a high fever during early pregnancy is known to be dangerous. A first-trimester fever can increase a baby's risk of developing a congenital heart defect and certain facial deformities, such as cleft lip or cleft palate. But is it the fever or the underlying infection that causes the defect?Oct 10, 2017

So it looks as though while the COVID-19 virus itself may not endanger a fetus, the high fever often accompanying it is a risk.

Sure this is going to come up quite a bit, via FB post

I am frustrated by the news, because I have to move out and move in a new apartment next Sunday, on the 5th floor without elevator. I dont know, how to do it without help of other people. One more person is not enough, its just too much and too heavy to carry. I feel lost

Exceptions as required for work are explicitly allowed. I'm fairly certain moving is considered "work", even if the people helping are doing so voluntarily.

They could even maintain social distancing by each sticking to their own 1-2 floors on the stairwell as needed.

4 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Exceptions as required for work are explicitly allowed. I'm fairly certain moving is considered "work", even if the people helping are doing so voluntarily.

They could even maintain social distancing by each sticking to their own 1-2 floors on the stairwell as needed.

Yeah that is pretty much what I said

yes, I saw the birth of that -- it was the UK journalist  Julie Birchhill who said it, on Facebook, a few days back, and asked someone to make a meme of it -- someone did! :)

Just went to our local Aldi....the poor security chap was getting a lot of abuse from shoppers who refused to use a trolley.  The distancing wasn’t working very well at all inside until my husband sneezed very loudly, into his elbow of course.  People literally sprang away from him in horror. It would have been less embarrassing if he would have sh*t himself!

5 minutes ago, emkay said:

Just went to our local Aldi...the poor security chap was getting a lot of abuse from shoppers who refused to use a trolley.  The distancing wasn’t working very well at all inside until my husband sneezed very loudly, into his elbow of course.  People literally sprang away from him in horror. It would have been less embarrassing if he would have sh*t himself!

I hope it was your husband telling you about the events and you didn't go together.

May I ask why you AND your husband went sopping?    I manage this alone.. thus reducing infection possibillites by 50%

I just went shopping at NP.  They had a sign on the door asking all customers to use a trolley (why?) and limiting toilet paper to 1 pack per customer which is funny because as far as I know they haven't had any for at least 2 weeks.  There were several people shopping but not enough to really be in each others faces much.  The cashiers had masks and gloves and so did a couple of the customers.

Just now, LeonG said:

I just went shopping at NP.  They had a sign on the door asking all customers to use a trolley (why?) and limiting toilet paper to 1 pack per customer which is funny because as far as I know they haven't had any for at least 2 weeks. 

The trolley helps with the social distancing.   Remember the clever umbrella lady?

I went to Kaufland on Saturday and on the line had a trolley-less idiot breathing in my neck.

9 minutes ago, Krieg said:

The trolley helps with the social distancing.

but you may as well be shaking hands with a random number of other shoppers if you're handling a trolley.  Unless they are wiping them down between uses.

19 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

May I ask why you AND your husband went sopping?    I manage this alone.. thus reducing infection possibillites by 50%

but if you got infected you'd share it with everyone else at home.   

27 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I hope it was your husband telling you about the events and you didn't go together.

Yes, he told me...I went to the shop next door.