Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,389 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think it is different in Bayern. The fire brigade announcement said to stay at home except for arbeit, arzt or buying lebensmittel. There will be fines. I don't mean to give out false information but that is clearly what it said.

Even if allowed to do so, if the fire brigade are asking, I would do it anyway. There is a very good reason why they are doing this. Stay inside today. Do you have a garden or balcony fraufruit?

Here is a link fraufruit about the rules in Bavaria, it is in German though.

https://www.infranken.de/ueberregional/bayern/coronavirus-ausgangssperre-in-bayern-soeder-mit-details-live-ticker;art179,4981190

Thanks people for clearing that up for me. I was getting worried but it still may come anyway. I have a little stepper machine but it is difficult and I can only do it for 5 min. or so. 

26 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think it is different in Bayern. The fire brigade announcement said to stay at home except for arbeit, arzt or buying lebensmittel. There will be fines. I don't mean to give out false information but that is clearly what it said.

Ok. I am in Hessen near Frankfurt. They are doing the same now here. I can hear on loudspeakers outside a message saying to stay inside and not go out.

15 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks people for clearing that up for me. I was getting worried but it still may come anyway. I have a little stepper machine but it is difficult and I can only do it for 5 min. or so. 

Yoga is excellent for both body AND mind. 

Static belly dancing. Round in wiggly circles on the spot. There's bound to be a tutorial on youtube.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

It got real this morning with the fire brigade coming by with a loud speaker telling everyone to stay at home. Eerily like war time. I guess it is war time. Will miss my daily walks.

Yes, I heard them too, very eerie..

59 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Here are the pertinent points in English:

From when do the initial restrictions apply in Bavaria?

The basic curfew / restrictions will apply for two weeks starting midnight on Friday, March 20th,2020.
What can I do despite these restrictions?

You may continue to work normally. Please keep your distance, and work from home where possible (home office)
    Visits to the doctor are allowed as usual. (If you suspect that you are infected with Corona, please call your family doctor beforehand).
    Shopping for food, but also in the pharmacy

Can I walk my dog?

Yes, you may. But please alone or only with family members or the people you live with in a household.
May I jog or walk?

Walking and sports in the fresh air is important and still allowed - but only alone or with family members who live in the same household as you.
Can I meet friends outside?

No, group formation, parties or other gatherings are no longer allowed. This is controlled by the police - and fines of up to 25,000 euros are threatened.
Can I visit my mother in a retirement home?

No, visiting of old people's homes and homes for the disabled and hospitals is forbidden. Exceptions are death, birth and when parents want to visit their children in hospital.
My parents still live at home, but are in need of care. May I visit them?

Yes, anyone who looks after people in need of care - whether old or young - in their private environment, i.e. in their apartment or house and not in a special institution, is of course allowed to visit them.
My children live with my partner. May I visit them?

Yes, they may.

3 hours ago, lisa13 said:

the toilet is bad but what the hell is going on in the tub?!  

blech!

I guess it is just a stock picture to inject some extra drama.

P.S. Just went to Kaufland, it was not bad, found everything, even toilet paper, but recycled.   You just have to be flexible with the items you want, but you won't starve.  Some items are of course completely sold out, like rice and pasta.    But the people are just a bunch of idiots, they have signs everywhere about the distance and someone on the microphone reminds about it every 2 minutes, but people just do not follow it.  In the checkout line I had a retard breathing on my neck, literally, with no trolley, even after reminding him about it.   And then in the elevators they were crowded, the worst is there were not that many people there, they just do not want to wait 15 or 30 seconds for the next lift.

I don't remember where I posted about ordering food and supplies from getnow. Although they said it was complete, we were only missing ground beef, handsoap refills and flour. They substituted a couple of items which was fine. Himself walked around to a little butcher and got the meat. It took 4 days but we knew that when we ordered. I would recommend them.

We went to our local Kaufland before breakfast. Enough vegetables and meat so we won't starve. I saw rice and pasta, but the shelfs with *paper were all empty. Also no tissues.

Hopefully we get a truck with *paper next week (and berlin gets the rice)

Since we were so early we were able to get 3 cans of tomatoes and left 17 on the shelf. I never saw that area so empty.

Pro-Tip: I spoke with the front end manager of our little local. I didn't need toilet paper, but I asked if there was any. "Yes, should I get you some?" I told her that we had enough and I just wanted to know. If you aren't a regular and you don't ask, you probably aren't getting any TP. If you're a regular, ask a clerk who knows you.

Another way of saving on TP when you don't have a bidet is doing like they did in all the public toilets in Singapore when I lived there. Put a bucket of clean water by the toilet with a big ladle in it. After #1, use the ladle and pour water over your she she. You don't have to touch yourself with the ladle. Then you only need to pat dry with a washcloth, towel or whatever.

4 hours ago, Dembo said:

I watching something on SWR this morning that showed a DM in Stuttgart with a big queue of people outside, all wanting toilet paper. One bloke came out carrying 3 large packs of I guess 36 rolls each, and shouted at the camera that it was for 5 people and he was just being Swabisch by buying in bulk. 5 people; 108 rolls of toilet paper.

If I could find any I'd only buy a pack of 4, which would normally last me many months. 

I stopped by my local Aldi yesterday for some dinner ingredients.  While I was there, the staff started unloading a pallet of toilet paper.  Nearly everyone in the store charged over, and there was a bit of a free-for-all (no distancing) going on for a bit, with people grabbing as many packs as they could as the pallet was being unloaded.

Then the staff started yelling, "Only one pack per customer!"  Quite a few arguments ensued, with several people shouting back that they had large families, and needed as much as possible.  One woman was even screaming, "But we all have Durchfall at my house!"  :o  It was quite the scene.

Nevertheless, the staff prevailed, and people who had grabbed more than one put the extras back. 

After the mob moved off, I went over and had a look.  The TP was in typical Aldi packaging, but it was not the usual TP Aldi sells.  It was the kind of cheap, low-grade single-ply paper you find in airport and public building toilets.

I'm ashamed to admit I ended up buying a pack of this horrible stuff, since there seems to be no sign that the TP-buying panic will be over anytime soon..  My neighbors had told me on Thursday that the Rewe next door was supposed to get a shipment of TP on Friday, but this rumor turned out not to be true.  However, I did not touch any of the packs the diarrhea woman had grabbed.  :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I stopped by my local Aldi yesterday for some dinner ingredients.  While I was there, the staff started unloading a pallet of toilet paper.  Nearly everyone in the store charged over, and there was a bit of a free-for-all (no distancing) going on for a bit, with people grabbing as many packs as they could as the pallet was being unloaded.

Then the staff started yelling, "Only one pack per customer!"  Quite a few arguments ensued, with several people shouting back that they had large families, and needed as much as possible.  One woman was even screaming, "But we all have Durchfall at my house!"  :o  It was quite the scene.

Nevertheless, the staff prevailed, and people who had grabbed more than one put the extras back. 

After the mob moved off, I went over and had a look.  The TP was in typical Aldi packaging, but it was not the usual TP Aldi sells.  It was the kind of cheap, low-grade single-ply paper you find in airport and public building toilets.

I'm ashamed to admit I ended up buying a pack of this horrible stuff, since there seems to be no sign that the TP-buying panic will be over anytime soon..  My neighbors had told me on Thursday that the Rewe next door was supposed to get a shipment of TP on Friday, but this rumor turned out not to be true.  However, I did not touch any of the packs the diarrhea woman had grabbed.  :wacko:

Could we start a dedicated Toilet Paper Talk thread please?!

🚽 🧻🚿🗞

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

However, I did not touch any of the packs the diarrhea woman had grabbed.  :wacko:

Good move.

• Almost half of patients with the new coronavirus experience nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

• Though the virus primarily causes fever or difficulty breathing, these symptoms sometimes appear first.

• In one case, a coronavirus patient was placed in the wrong ward because they only showed abdominal symptoms. They spread the virus to 14 other people there.

I just came back from a small shopping trip for a few items at SuperValu, the best supermarket in town. There were fewer customers and many wore gloves, as did I. Signs up to keep a 2 metre distance, and no cash accepted. Everyone was obeying the rules.

The toilet paper aisle was packed full of tp etc, and no customers were there at the time. Lots of everything else.

(Again: just reporting, not gloating!)