Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,389 posts in this topic

word has it Bayern is locking down tonight at midnight...

I'm currently looking for official confirmation - the above comes from my coworker who heard it from a Söder broadcast

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

I'm currently looking for official confirmation - the above comes from my coworker who heard it from a Söder broadcast

try here.

Berlin should do it now or we will have Corona-Partys (sic) this weekend.

California has done it. Now New York needs to follow suit.  It's turning into a huge mess there.

Looks like Hessen is shutting down this weekend. Restaurants are being ordered the clothes we’re going to order and take away tonight it’ll probably be the last time we can do it.

which brings me to my next point is I’m expecting  any restaurant or small business that isn’t part of a chain is going to go under. Very few can survive more than a week or two with no business.

Watching UK news and the bus industry said they’re gonna be laying off thousands of drivers They don’t know if I leave and have enough money to pay salaries. 

Also noticed that all the talking heads are being done via Skype almost nobody’s in the studio but you can tell by the quality of it

Dutch prime minister's clear reaction on run on toilet paper:"We can poop for another 10 years."

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

It does not surprise me that Bayern has a special status:

Consider this: 'take a walk with pets' from a publication of the BR in English(should please the English speaker invaders)

My question is this: if you are allergic to cats or dogs or other attention needed animal, you can't go for a walk??

This has to be researched by writers of 'Verordnungen' for its legalized correctness!

Where do we go from here?

Now I know why I left 66 years ago.

11 minutes ago, gaberlunzi said:

It does not surprise me that Bayern has a special status:

Consider this: 'take a walk with pets' from a publication of the BR in English(should please the English speaker invaders)

My question is this: if you are allergic to cats or dogs or other attention needed animal, you can't go for a walk??

This has to be researched by writers of 'Verordnungen' for its legalized correctness!

Where do we go from here?

Now I know why I left 66 years ago.

Walks alone or with whomever you live with are allowed.

I've been going out for my daily exposure and will continue to do so. Easy enough to keep 3 meters away from others. Oh, and the weather is marvelous!

Well this is reassuring-

The Catholic Church on Friday granted forgiveness -- under certain conditions -- for the sins of the faithful struck by the novel coronavirus.

A decree published by the Vatican also covers healthcare workers and those who pray for their wellbeing. Relatives who care for their sick family members may also be forgiven.

The conditions include the sick saying a certain number of prayers or following important celebrations from a distance.

Those who pray for the caregivers' wellbeing must also read the Bible "for at least half an hour".

The decree was issued one day after Italy overtook China for the most number of deaths from the new illness.

source

21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I've been going out for my daily exposure and will continue to do so. Easy enough to keep 3 meters away from others. Oh, and the weather is marvelous!

Exactly- fresh air , feeling of freedom, nice to walk without chatting. Clears the mind.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Those who pray for the caregivers' wellbeing must also read the Bible "for at least half an hour".

I'd rather take the virus punishment then suffer the bible for half an hour.

(I'm a care needer, not a care giver. my giving days are almost over. All I have to give-on a good day- is sh***, well seasoned)

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

enjoy it while you can...it's getting COLD starting tomorrow night.

I know an rain tonight and tomorrow. It was good while it lasted. It will come back.

So people have moved into the new apartment building across the street. They have huge windows and sliding glass doors. They do no have any curtains. I have become The Rear Window. Yesterday, one couple was kickboxing for over an hour. I guess their gym is closed. I have given names to all of them. One guy (Tiny TV) was so inconsiderate that he bought a TV that is too small for me to see what he is watching. The Sports Guy with a big TV who was watching sports every night is now scanning through Netflix and other providers trying to find something suitable.

So, as you see, I'm making the best of things and I'm easily entertained.

@fraufruit You curtain-twitcher! ;)

I was observing 11 people sitting shoulder-to-shoulder at a table on their terrace having lunch today. Coworkers (looked to be in their 20s/30s) from an open-plan office. Nice to see that self-isolation only applies to idiots like us (sarcasm).

Viapiano restaurant chain just went bankrupt, first of many I expect. 

We have a local expat group that  meets once a month at a local restaurant, as the "owner" simply rents the premise I highly doubt he will survive. I expect very few places will survive.