Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,366 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, balticus said:

Somehow, i assumed that she and other high level politicians would be moved to the front of the waiting list and given the lowest risk, highest efficacy vaccine as soon as possible. 

PR at the time they were trying to assure the public that the German U-turn on the use of the AZ for the over 60s vaccine was a good move, which, according to the science:lol:, it was.

An Iowa man convicted of assaulting and spitting on another man in a fight over how he was wearing his mask has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, the latest decision as the authorities weigh the cases of people involved in mask disputes over the last year.

The fight took place after a confrontation at a Vision 4 Less store in Des Moines in November, according to court documents. The man who was convicted, Shane Wayne Michael, 42, of Des Moines, was approached by another customer, Mark Dinning, and asked to put his mask above his nose. The exchange led to a fight in the parking lot

Mr. Michael was arrested and charged with willful injury, a felony. A lawyer for Mr. Michael did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday. According to court records, Mr. Michael’s lawyer moved to file for an appeal.

Police and court documents outlined each man’s version of the fight, according to The Iowa Capital Dispatch.

Mr. Dinning told the authorities that Mr. Michael had followed him outside the store and began assaulting him, jabbing him in the eye and repeatedly kneeing him in the groin. At one point, Mr. Dinning said, Mr. Michael spat on him, coughed on him and yelled, “If I have it, you have it!”

According to Mr. Michael, Mr. Dinning started the fight after the two left the store when he shoulder-checked him and poked him in the abdomen. In this account, the two men eventually fell to the ground, and while Mr. Michael was pinning Mr. Dinning, he bit Mr. Michael’s arm.

Court documents show that witnesses identified Mr. Michael as the aggressor in the case. He was convicted by a Polk County District Court jury of assault causing bodily injury.

The prosecutor in Mr. Michael’s case, Assistant Attorney General Kevin Cmelik, did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Monday. The 10-year sentence, handed down June 9, appears to be one of the longest handed down to someone involved in an altercation over masks.

I'm in Holland right now. Visited a friend whose daughter is born in 1999 and she got an invitation for a corona jab in mid-July. My nephew and niece born in 2000 will get an invitation tomorrow. They work down the years step by step. I said:"I'm in Germany where you have to put yourself on different waiting lists and see who contacts you first. Place your bets."

I compare it with waiting for ages in a bar to order until it gets loud:"What does a man need to do to get a beer in this place?"

What do you have to do to get into Holland, Luke? Do you have to show proof of vaccination or whatever? 

My daughter is in Amsterdam and is having her first jab the day I fly to Hamburg on June 27th but they won't tell her which one...

Germany is code yellow for the Dutch authorities, so no test and quarantine needed if you enter from Germany. Easy peasy. On my way back I will do a test, but that might not be needed soon since the 7-day-incidence in the Netherlands is dropping fast. The RKI will decide this. Check their website for risk areas.

15 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Germany is code yellow for the Dutch authorities, so no test and quarantine needed if you enter from Germany. Easy peasy. On my way back I will do a test, but that might not be needed soon since the 7-day-incidence in the Netherlands is dropping fast. The RKI will decide this. Check their website for risk areas.

2-0 so far!😂 No risk areas to check! Maybe the penalty area!! Bale isn't playing for your mob!! So no worries!!

The people who denied treatment with the Hydroxychloroquine cocktail or Ivermectin have some blood on their hands, and in my opinion, some explaining to do. 

It's hilarious the lengths the Trump-humpers will go to, to try and rehabilitate him. He was on Faux News last night boasting about hydroxychloroquine being effective again. The facts tell a different story, of course, but nobody ever said the MAGAts were overly blessed with intelligence and critical thinking skills.

The "study" (posted on Instagram, where all the real science happens) has been debunked, but that hasn't stopped the right-wing media from trying to boost it.

They're also trying to drag Fauci into it, but that's complete bullshit, too.

33 minutes ago, balticus said:

The people who denied treatment with the Hydroxychloroquine cocktail or Ivermectin have some blood on their hands, and in my opinion, some explaining to do. 

Why? They were following The Science™.

9 minutes ago, theGman said:

Why? They were following The Science™.

Correct - they needed to follow Science rather than The Science™.  

You know who has blood on their hands? All the Covid deniers, anti-maskers, pushers of quack cures, and spreaders of antivax disinformation.

Lest we forget, people who believe hydroxychloroquine is effective also believe in the detrimental effects of demon sperm.

cure_from_heaven.jpg.7670dc81c6e5bc7bf9c

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Correct - they needed to follow Science rather than The Science™.  

One study said one thing and then another study said something else. What's your problem? That's how science works.

On 18/06/2021, 11:19:06, theGman said:

One study said one thing and then another study said something else. What's your problem? That's how science works.

The first headline is purely political.  

The dates on the respective stories are key.  

As far as I know, in the US, Emergency Approval by the FDA requires that there are no other safe and effective treatments available.   If Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, or anything else had been proven to work, the vaccines would have needed to go through a full testing process.  

That's how politics work.   😇

2 hours ago, balticus said:

If Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, or anything else had been proven to work, the vaccines would have needed to go through a full testing process.  

That is BS,  Hydroxychloroquine was tried as a treatment for those already suffering from severe covid not as a vaccine against getting infected!

4 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

That is BS,  Hydroxychloroquine was tried as a treatment for those already suffering from severe covid not as a vaccine against getting infected!

You might want to familiarize yourself with the regulations.   

On 6/17/2021, 8:22:07, LukeSkywalker said:

I compare it with waiting for ages in a bar to order until it gets loud:"What does a man need to do to get a beer in this place?"

Getting served in a bar or club is simple, I take over this task for my not-getting-served-since-20-minutes friends all the time.

1. if it is a high bar, being tall helps.  Not required, but can help.  Not because you're so great for being tall.  But because staring up makes you look somewhat needy.  Looking levelly is more inviting. Of course, a good bartender makes a point of not overlooking smaller people.  But they can get a bit lost in the crowd, especially when it's busy.  As a rule, in a busy or hectic bar or club, send your tallest, calmest friend to order.

2. If you know for sure it's not your turn yet (e.g. because you have just arrived at the bar, where others are already waiting), don't seek eye contact.  Bartenders know when a jackass who's just rocked up is staring eagerly in hopes of getting served ahead of the other people who've been waiting the whole time.  This carries a penalty

3. When you've determined it *must* be your turn right about now, face the bartender, but without too aggressively seeking eye contact. Be present, aware, and receptive.  People chatting to friends or fucking with their phones will be passed over for customers who are actually ready to order.

4. No truer indication that you are ready to order, know what you want, and are prepared to pay than having your wallet and/or cash or card out.  

5. Actually waving money or a card in the direction of the bartender in attempts to get served may result in your forced removal from the premises 

this has been a PSA