Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,366 posts in this topic

I've come for a rant.

I'm in the third prority group because of a Vorerkrankung, not a high priority I'll give you but supposedly a priority. Last weekend I could have had two appointments at short notice but I couldn't take them as I didn't have the attest from the doctor yet and it was the weekend. They'd said to get the appointment first, and I figured when I finally got one it would be a couple of weeks away, so hadn't worried about it.

Now I have that letter and of course can't get an appointment for love nor money. And I've just read that BW are lifting the priority system from Monday. So that means the system will be swaped with 20 year olds who've never had as much of a cold in their life and I'll get vaccinated some time in 2023. So what was the point of having a priority system?

To add insult to injury my employer is getting in on the action from next week, but they've also now decided not to have a priority system. So that's going to be chaos too.

That was my rant. 

46 minutes ago, Keleth said:

However my Doc did give me my letter before I had an appointment.

Yes to this.  If we had not done this we would have missed 2 appointments as also at very short notice.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

Yes to this.  If we had not done this we would have missed 2 appointments as also at very short notice.

If you could just tell me that a week ago that'd be great ;-)

I should have gone as soon as I got the code. Shoulda wooda coulda. Or hätte hätte Fahrradkette if you prefer.

I did have to convince the receptionist by telling her I'd already turned down two appointments. So maybe they would have said no. 

Sorry, did not know it was a thing.  I did not need one, and 2 of the people I found appointments for aready had theirs.  Hope it all works out well for you soon. 

4 hours ago, Dembo said:

I didn't have the attest from the doctor yet and it was the weekend. They'd said to get the appointment first,

Actually the more I think about this the more utterly stupid I find that from your doctor.

Why does it make any difference if you have an appointment or not in regards to getting the attest ?

It´s not like it´s something you can use for nefarious means or that you could sell on for cash or whatever and it´s not as though your vorerkrankung is going to disappear before the appointment thus making you ineligible.

Mine was merely your normal standard prescription that said under section whatever paragraph whatever I had an illness that entitled me to the vaccination.

TBH if your doc was my doc I wouldn´t go back there.

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

Actually the more I think about this the more utterly stupid I find that from your doctor.

Why does it make any difference if you have an appointment or not in regards to getting the attest ?

It´s not like it´s something you can use for nefarious means or that you could sell on for cash or whatever and it´s not as though your vorerkrankung is going to disappear before the appointment thus making you ineligible.

Mine was merely your normal standard prescription that said under section whatever paragraph whatever I had an illness that entitled me to the vaccination.

TBH if your doc was my doc I wouldn´t go back there.

I was referring to the press release from BW that announced people like me were eligible - 1.5 million of us apparently. They asked to get the appointment first as obviously they didn't want 1.5 million people all turning up at their doctors on Monday morning. Which is entirely reasonable; doctors have other things to do.

Requiring that many doctor notes is bad logistics and bad planning.  The health insurance companies have all your history data, the people with priorities can be found automatically.  It is not like you suddenly developed a chronic illness yesterday. 

45 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Requiring that many doctor notes is bad logistics and bad planning.  The health insurance companies have all your history data, the people with priorities can be found automatically.  It is not like you suddenly developed a chronic illness yesterday. 

Indeed. There's lots of way it could have been done better. This was the Facharzt, and they know who their patients are so could have sent out a letter to everyone or handed over the list to the authorities to send out a letter, or as you say left it up to the Krankenkassen. I have the Vermittlungscode from the booking site that supposedly proves my eligibility (based on me ticking a box and entering my age), but those could have been generated and sent out to everyone on the priority list. There must be a fair number of people booking appointments and being turned away because they're not elligible (or can't prove that they're eligible).

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

We heard that it is a privacy thing in BW.

For them to make a priority list then someone without your authorisation would have to look at your medical records.

Don´t forget BW is governed by the Greens.

24 minutes ago, Keleth said:

We heard that it is a privacy thing in BW.

For them to make a priority list then someone without your authorisation would have to look at your medical records.

Don´t forget BW is governed by the Greens.

In this day and age, nobody has to look at your medical records.  They ask IT to filter out a list of names with diagnosis x,y,z or medication x,y,z.  The computer spits out a bunch of names and all those ppl get letters.  That's what they did in NS

On 03/06/2021, 18:35:36, Dembo said:

Last weekend I could have had two appointments at short notice 

Just to follow up, it seems history repeated itself and about the same time this Friday as the last I got an appointment for Sunday. Huzzah.

The Tories are facing court over their NHS ‘data grab’

A group has launched a legal challenge to the Tory government’s so-called “NHS data grab“. It comes as the medical records of the entire population of England are set to go on a central database in a matter of weeks. And as The Canary previously reported, the Tories are looking to sell your data to the highest bidder. But you, and the legal challenge, could stop them.

As we previously wrote, the Tories flogging off our medical data isn’t new. Previously, a single government body was doing it, and the government claimed that it was all legal. It also said that people’s info was anonymous, but some campaign groups disagreed. The latest scandal broke when Byline Times revealed that the government is once again looking to sell our medical records.

On 3 June Just Treatment, Doctors’ Association UK, the Citizens, openDemocracy, the National Pensioners Convention and David Davis MP sent a legal letter (a letter before claim) to the Department of Health and Social Care and NHS Digital. The legal letter says that rushing such a major change through with no transparency or debate violates patient trust, and doing so without seeking patient consent is unlawful. The case asks for a halt to the GP data grab with an injunction, and to rethink and seek meaningful patient consent.

A Pharmacist Who Deliberately Ruined COVID Vaccine Doses Is Going To Prison

A former pharmacist in Wisconsin who purposefully ruined more than 500 doses of COVID-19 vaccine was sentenced to three years in prison on Tuesday.

Steven Brandenburg, 46, of Grafton, pleaded guilty in February to two felony counts of attempting to tamper with a consumer product. He had admitted to intentionally removing the doses manufactured by Moderna from a refrigerator for hours at Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, located just north of Milwaukee.

In a statement before receiving his sentence, Brandenburg said he felt "great shame" and accepted responsibility for his actions. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported he apologized to his co-workers, family and the community.

Aurora destroyed most of the tampered doses, but not before 57 people received inoculations from the supply. Those doses are believed to have still been effective, but weeks of uncertainty created a storm of anger, anxiety and anguish among the recipients, according to court documents.