Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,366 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2021, 10:46:29, fraufruit said:

I don't know but my 2nd AZ is due on July 6 and I'm going to try to get it at my Hausarzt before traipsing all the way out to the vaccine center and standing in line for 2 hrs.

Here we get appointment times, I got my jab a couple of minutes past my time

10 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Here we get appointment times, I got my jab a couple of minutes past my time

Yes, myself and the other 2000 people all had appointment times.

:P

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Yes, myself and the other 2000 people all had appointment times.

:P

Similar here but there weren't 2000 ppl, just maybe 30.  We all had appointments but they weren't going by them.  They were just giving out numbers in the order of people showing up and every few min. they'd call out 4 to 5 numbers to go inside.  Waiting outside was half an hour for me.  The process of getting vaccinated, another half hour.  Waiting afterwards another 20 min.

The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off.

Thank goodness for Darwin...

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Classy.    🤪

Now just imagine that after your enduring impolite behavior towards people on this board who have not gone full-cult on the vax that your <insert beloved friend or family relation here> drops dead from blood clots or myocarditis after getting their second jab.

44 minutes ago, MadManEarle said:

Lots of crazy info in there

Yes. This part is right.

lol, laugh, laughing, ‎reazioni, cracking up, wkwkwk, wkwkwkw, busting up,  green shirt, green shirt guy, greenshirtguy – GIF

13 hours ago, MadManEarle said:

From what I can tell so far, Fauci funded the research that created this particular coronavirus through the Wuhan lab. So it is a joint US/Chinese culpability for the last 14 months of the world being shut down.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20793561-leopold-nih-foia-anthony-fauci-emails

Lots of crazy info in there, direct from the source.

Nice article in the WSJ about Fauci trying to suppress the lab leak hypothesis.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-did-fauci-tell-trump-about-wuhan-11622668545

Defending the use of masks is pretty difficult after reading his private mails.    

15 hours ago, MadManEarle said:

From what I can tell so far, Fauci funded the research that created this particular coronavirus through the Wuhan lab. So it is a joint US/Chinese culpability for the last 14 months of the world being shut down.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20793561-leopold-nih-foia-anthony-fauci-emails

Lots of crazy info in there, direct from the source.

Is that the "Big Boom" that J2 has been waiting months for ?

25 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Reiterating

21 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Is that the "Big Boom" that J2 has been waiting months for ?

What about MAGA?

What about J2?

You got played.   😂😂

Now that the WHO are designating variations of the covid virus by letters from the Greek alphabet to avoid any negative connotations against the countries where they first originated it seems logical that the original virus that came out of China should be named the "stigma" variant. :lol:

2 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Now that the WHO are designating variations of the covid virus by letters from the Greek alphabet to avoid any negative connotations against the countries where they first originated it seems logical that the original virus that came out of China should be named the "stigma" variant. :lol:

I can see why they did this, actually I can see two reasons.

One is political (I think India were unhappy having a variant named after the country as it is an election year) and one is due to really dumb stupid people that abuse anyone who looks like they are from a country a variant was named after. 

I just wonder how long it will take before we have to move on to other alphabets or maybe just start giving the variant names.

That could lead to a lot of comedy.. 

The current vaccine online booking implementation really sucks, Germany again showing how they can't implement anything properly on the Internet.  I think doctolib is from a French company, but it is really bad.  It is basically first-come-first-serve but they did not implement properly any locking mechanism, so after refreshing one million times the website you might find a slot but when you start typing your info someone typed first and took it.   Considering the situation they should better implement a waiting list, you just register your name and they assign you an appointment automatically, that would be fairer and people wouldn't be hammering the website refreshing every 20 seconds.

59 minutes ago, Krieg said:

The current vaccine online booking implementation really sucks,

I cannot say that I agree.

A week last Thursday Schleswig-Holstein made 75 k Termine available.  Shortly before 5pm I entered the website; at 5pm it opened showing 57 k before me.

Just waited - no clicking or refreshing & the counter decreased slowly - then faster.  After about an hour it ran down to zero & opened so that I could enter both our names & DOB & click that we were both over 60.  An e-mail was received with a link - opened that & even our local Impfzentrum had appointments free.

Clicked the first few - already taken.  Jumped a few days forward & BINGO - we had our dates AND we deduced that it was not AstraZenica.

Had our first vaccination (Moderna) last Saturday at 17:30.  Many people there - all ran very efficiently (Bundeswehr).  6 Lines in action.

Next one - early July.

What makes things worse are people (including local reporters who even boast about it) using 4 or 5 devices at same time thus bloating the queue.

10 minutes ago, HEM said:

I cannot say that I agree.

A week last Thursday Schleswig-Holstein made 75 k Termine available.  Shortly before 5pm I entered the website; at 5pm it opened showing 57 k before me.

Just waited - no clicking or refreshing & the counter decreased slowly - then faster.  After about an hour it ran down to zero & opened so that I could enter both our names & DOB & click that we were both over 60.  An e-mail was received with a link - opened that & even our local Impfzentrum had appointments free.

Clicked the first few - already taken.  Jumped a few days forward & BINGO - we had our dates AND we deduced that it was not AstraZenica.

Had our first vaccination (Moderna) last Saturday at 17:30.  Many people there - all ran very efficiently (Bundeswehr).  6 Lines in action.

From what you describe your state seems not to be using doctolib.  Doctolib does not implement a queue, which is basically my complain.

And that was before half the country was trying to get appointments at the same time. (Priorities are lifted from next week in vaccination centres and totally lifted in hospitals and doctor practices, at least here, not sure if that's state wide).