Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,017 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, optimista said:

Just wondering why a European Immunization Week poster uses American English spelling. A result of Brexit ??

The poster was likely done by an American millennial.

The participation trophy is a dead giveaway.  

6 hours ago, optimista said:

Just wondering why a European Immunization Week poster uses American English spelling. A result of Brexit ??

Have you never heard of Oxford spelling? Even this uncouth American is aware of it. 

No. Is that a sin? (Oh dear, I feel some one-upmanship coming on...)

And yuk!

Saw a guy jogging, quite fast no less, while wearing an FFP2 mask.

Kind of weird/ironic (?) though, as he was jogging along a stretch of canal which is full of people, and none of them are masked.  Maybe that's why he's wearing his?  Does he think he will catch something by jogging past someone?

But the real flummox is, how fit must that guy be to JOG in an FFP2 mask and hardly look like he's broken a sweat?  I feel like I'm about to die when I have to carry heavy groceries up the stairs while wearing mine.  He must have some powerful lungs!

Funny old world, dessa!😂

We were at the beach today at 30C! ( First time in the water and it was freaking coooolllldddd)🙁

No masks around. Even the taverna owner Panagiotis ( who is too frightened re corona and lazy to reopen- though legal from Monday.. but has to mow the lawn first .. that will take ages ) wasn’t wearing one.

So I sat on a reclining beach chair, trying hard to soak up the sun whilst applying a baby sun protection thingy and, at first , had my Maulkorb on. 
Then I thought : “ what the fuck?” and took the bloody thing off.

I mean- moi, skinny bastard with a mask on, 3,000 kilometres from the next person on the beach ( ok, mild exaggeration ) would scare the horses off.

PS: will those idiots STOP those moronic firecrackers now? Going on the past half hour and freaking out the dogs.

What the fuck do firecrackers have to do with Easter Friday on Crete? 

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Germany's domestic spy agency is monitoring individuals who have joined anti-lockdown protests to decide if their rejection of government curbs amounts to subversion and incitement to violence.

Of course they are being monitored, they most likely to have refused the covid vaccination so cannot tracked and controlled using the Bill Gates chip.:lol:

13 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

But the real flummox is, how fit must that guy be to JOG in an FFP2 mask and hardly look like he's broken a sweat?  I feel like I'm about to die when I have to carry heavy groceries up the stairs while wearing mine.  He must have some powerful lungs!

I suppose that if you wear one more frequently you grow more accustomed to them. The doctors in the Impfzentrum didn't seem at all bothered by the masks having been wearing them all day, but I struggled a bit having only worn mine for a few minutes. The Impfzentrum is at the highest point in the town, in a former military installation, I had foolishly decided to go there on foot...

@Wulfrun I've gotten used to wearing them and am fine doing most things.  Walking, cycling, even stairs, as long as I'm not loaded down with anything heavy.  I'm sure wearing one for eight hours wouldn't be the most fun you can have in the world but would be doable as long as you're not physically exerting yourself too much.  But jogging?!?  

Did you walk up your big hill while wearing the mask?  Is that required where you're at?

2 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Did you walk up your big hill while wearing the mask?  Is that required where you're at?

No, I put my mask on just before entering the building, the hill was just a killer being at the end of the walk, taking a taxi for the 2nd jab...

I have a mask in the car, a mask in my ruckack and one in the hall near my jacket.

This is the only way, even after all this time that I do not end up outside a shop without a mask.

How weird is this? We're going to drive to Slovenia on the 12th. They require a pcr test done within 48 hours of entering. Because I have had the first dose of AZ, I don't need a test. Himself, who has had his first dose of Biontech needs one.

Go figure.

That's quite bizarre.

I was thinking about this earlier and wishing that countries could make and agree rules for vaccinated people, but this is weirder than I could have possibly imagined. Different rules for different vaccines :o

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

How weird is this? We're going to drive to Slovenia on the 12th. They require a pcr test done within 48 hours of entering. Because I have had the first dose of AZ, I don't need a test. Himself, who has had his first dose of Biontech needs one.

Go figure.

Stay healthy and have fun!

It is bizarre and, after typing that out, I will get the test, too. They might change the rule in between now and then and it costs nothing.

ETA @Sannerl We're only going for a few days. He will drop me in Ljubljana and go to the coast to work on the boat. Then collect me on his way home. Guaranteed fun with my girlfriend - she will walk me to death and we will have lots of laughs.

Talking to a friend in Harburg today. The neighbour opposite is a grumpy old man who never greets anyone. Apparently, a Polish family next door with two kids invited a friend around - we think a birthday for one of the kids and maybe some laughter was going on.

What happened? EIGHT police arrived - EIGHT - and eventually marched off with the family to the police van , including two children with their heads bowed.

Hm? Was the grumpy old man snitching Covid-related or what was the real cause?

22 minutes ago, john g. said:

Talking to a friend in Harburg today. The neighbour opposite is a grumpy old man who never greets anyone. Apparently, a Polish family next door with two kids invited a friend around - we think a birthday for one of the kids and maybe some laughter was going on.

What happened? EIGHT police arrived - EIGHT - and eventually marched off with the family to the police van , including two children with their heads bowed.

Hm? Was the grumpy old man snitching Covid-related or what was the real cause?

It's hard to say.   Maybe a covid related complaint uncovered that these people were major criminals.  If it were just covid related, one person visiting is ok but even if there were more, as far as i know the police would just fine them all and tell the guests to go home.  Or maybe it wasn't a covid related complaint, maybe the police were planning to visit them anyway.  And maybe it wasn't the grumpy old man who complained either, maybe it was the friendly looking lady upstairs who secretly hates kids birthday parties.