Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,101 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I don't know if they can deport him though.

Sorry poor word choice on my part. Will they deport him? It is definitely legally possible under FoM if the authorities can demonstrate a danger to public health. The question is whether they want to make the effort. 

We were curious in town today here on Crete. It seemed so “ busy “, people cleaning chairs and tables and delivery people carrying stuff and some even hosing  down outside their shops.

We found out why- the restaurants and tavernas are finally reopening on Monday ! We can finally go for a meal, outside sitting only . Who cares? It is warm and sunny now. Who wants to sit inside?

Surprised, though. I thought they’d wait till after the Greek Easter ( starting next Friday) to avoid the mass gatherings of Greek families...

Well, well...

Some friends in the UK sent me photos of the car park at my old local, it's been turned into a beer garden for the reopening.

60851e3c5aefb_Stepsbeergarden.jpg.97af99

2 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

Some friends in the UK sent me photos of the car park at my old local, it's been turned into a beer garden for the reopening.

Covid is bringing beergarden culture to the Brits! \o/

4 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Small glasses though, haha.

English pints... more than a half litre.

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

In Munich we do 1L.

I guess Munich is the new Texas.

4 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

In Munich we do 1L.

No you don't, almost half of it is froth...

13 hours ago, Chelski said:

I guess Munich is the new Texas.

Oh no, can you imagine  I litre of Miller Lite, yuk, even in tiny glasses nearly frozen solid it tastes like gnats piss.

48 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Are allegations against PM more than title tattle?

The 'unbiased' BBC tries to turn the recent government corruption into mere 'title tattle'

We have the Tories and the Right saying they´re biased to the other side and the other side saying they´re biased towards the Tories and the Right.

Hmm maybe they´re not as biased as people like to think.

There seems to be no longer any point in reporting on the what seems to be rampant corruption from Johnson and the govt because no one seems to care anymore.Many answers to the corruption seem to be along whataboutism lines and bring up Blair and the Iraq war etc.

Maybe people like me were right all along in believing that corruption is rife in politics no matter the side.

On 4/24/2021, 5:46:26, LeonG said:

We had a Polish guy in Iceland go home on holidays, come back and ignore his quarantine, then test positive for his covid and still continue to ignore his quarantine.  Due to him, infections came up in a day care as well as in an elementary school.  Over 100 families are in quarantine now because of him.  According to the news, they locked him up in their quarantine hotel since April 12.  He's still sick and is now trying to sue to be set free.  No remorse whatsoever.

In my home area back in the UK he would be in the hotel for his own safety.

Lots of people are struggling and there are enough idiots that jump on any reason to have a go at others.  

On 24/04/2021, 09:24:37, keith2011 said:

Oh dear looks like Brazil and India have suddenly begun suffering severe outbreaks of unhealthy lifestyles.:wacko:

Or maybe... And I can only speculate... It might have something to do with the fact that many Indians are lacking a major vitamin that's required for a healthy immune system...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6060930/

The prevalence of Vitamin D deficiency ranged from 40% to 99%, with most of the studies reporting a prevalence of 80%–90%. It was prevalent in all the age groups and high-risk groups alike.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Of course, the Covid situation there is massively correlated with the politics of denial at the highest level. But that is a different issue.

No no no,can´t you read ?

It´s because they´re fat apparently.

They´ve done everything right in keeping everything open don´t you know,that´s the best way to reach herd immunity.