Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

4,338 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Which to my mind is completely anathema to everything left-wing ideas stand for or are trying to achieve.

Not to mention the ostentatious displays of Reichsflaggen at corona demos.  Leftists won't be caught dead at those demos because they don't march with Nazis.  If a critical view is to be taken of the rules then in a different form, but still always with the mask on.  Punkt. 

Seriously? 

You live in a hipster neighbourhood famous (infamous?) across the country for its May 1st demos and claim that participants at these demos always follow social distancing guidelines??!?!?! Demos in the middle of a pandemic are irresponsible regardless of what is being protested.

Furthermore, your district chose to refuse assistance with contact tracing (that it desperately needed) from the Bundeswehr putting ideology ahead of necessity in the middle of a pandemic. 

I can't see how the left is living up to the ideals that you claim it holds.

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

But it is true plenty of those anarchists would prefer to vote left because they have no real choice.  And that's probably why SPD wins in most of them.  If you even consider SPD as "leftist".

I think you have quite a few voting for the Pirates (although less in the last election than the one before it) as well as die Linke

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

P.S., In the mean time, nothing happens in my boring neighbourhood, way too boring.

Nothing happens in my boring neighbourhood either.

uhhh... were there May 1st demos last year?  I thought the usual ones were cancelled?

As for the rest of it... again, bringing politics into it wasn't my thing.  I'm not here to make a strong statement about the political beliefs of corona-rule resisters but I'm not about laying it solely on the doorstep of the left either, it's too dumb.

1 minute ago, dessa_dangerous said:

uhhh... were there May 1st demos last year?

As for the rest of it... again, bringing politics into it wasn't my thing.  I'm not here to make a strong statement about the political beliefs of corona-rule resisters but I'm not about laying it solely on the doorstep of the left either, it's too dumb.

I don't know in which Berlin you live.  Maybe you are following the lockdown rules so strictly that you do not realize what happens outside your door.

https://www.rbb24.de/politik/beitrag/2020/05/polizei-mai-berlin-kreuzberg-friedrichshain-demonstration-demo-corona-coronavirus.html

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/erster-mai-demos-berlin-hamburg-101.html

P.S. I think your mistake is thinking the leftists can't be "Corona-Rule resisters" in the same way as the right wingers.   They have different reasons to disagree, but at the end it is the same problem.

48 minutes ago, Krieg said:

But it is my personal opinion that left parties win in the hip districts because the anarchists feel closest to the left,

I think it`s more they abhor the Right rather than being closer to the Left.

The old better of 2 evils.

How can one tell when one sees people not following the corona rules if they are left or right leaning?

I sure can't and I see them all over the place.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

How can one tell when one sees people not following the corona rules if they are left or right leaning?

You can`t but people have to assign labels to them.

Right winger say violent protestors are BLM,Left Wingers say the same protestors are Nazis.

On 3/29/2021, 12:09:59, fraufruit said:

masks.jpg.0602f71902b6e7a9b6f48494564ef4

Since March 25th the Seychelles are open for tourists without vaccination.

During the last seven days 3800 tourists from Israel, the UAR and India arrived.

Today an airplane from Russia with 400 tourist arrived.

They had a present on board: 1000 doses of Sputnik V and the promis to bring more.

(Seychelles used the Chinese stuff for people younger than 60 and AstraZeneca for the older ones.

The incidence rate is still above 200. Obviously the Chinese stuff is not so good. Time to try the Putin stuff)

Boris Johnson urged to sack Tory peer who denied Covid pandemic and said Chinese ‘fake videos started this’

A Conservative peer has denied the pandemic exists and blamed Chinese “fake videos” for fears about Covid-19, sparking calls for her to be sacked from her government job.

Helena Morrissey, a director at the Foreign Office, suggested the crisis has been exaggerated because people are not “dropping dead in the street”.

“The data shows we are NOT in a pandemic,” tweeted the peer, who was sent to the House of Lords by Boris Johnson last year.

“If people were dropping dead in the street we would notice & not go to M&S and have all those football matches.”

Baroness Morrissey then made claims about the role played by the Chinese Communist Party, adding: “CCP fake videos started this. It is ridiculous.”

I suppose she expects to see people with handcarts patrolling the streets, shouting "Bring out your dead", in a 'real' pandemic

6 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

A Conservative peer has denied the pandemic exists and blamed Chinese “fake videos” for fears about Covid-19, sparking calls for her to be sacked from her government job.

I have to say that is really weird, Baroness Morrisey has been an apparently very successful financier with an illustrious career so you would not think she was stupid enough to believe such things and even stupider to tweet them! Nervous breakdown perhaps or early onset of dementia?

3 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I have to say that is really weird, Baroness Morrisey has been an apparently very successful financier with an illustrious career so you would not think she was stupid enough to believe such things and even stupider to tweet them! Nervous breakdown perhaps or early onset of dementia?

Yes because being intelligent always equates with having common sense.

16 hours ago, Keleth said:

Yes because being intelligent always equates with having common sense.

Yes, but intelligence, except maybe at the genius level does not normally imply a complete lack of common sense, particularly in this case given her track record!

I went to my local supermarket this morning and put on my mask before entering, then this jobsworth at the entrance tells me I can't wear the mask as it isn't ffp2, (it's a blue surgical mask with 3-ply filtering, and was sold as ffp2 compliant). He took some money from me and went in and bought me a white supermarket ffp2 mask.

Having put the mask on I entered the store, only to find that all of the staff are wearing the type of mask that I was told wasn't acceptable...