Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,389 posts in this topic

Just now, cybil said:

@brambleCan one flush that down the toilet without clogging it? Or what is the best way to sanitarily dispose of the used newpaper squares? Please share!

i think we flushed it down the toilet back then, but today I would put them in a bin to be disposed with the Restmüll.

I'm trying to look for the silver in the lining of the cloud today and found a little:

-I got Kurzarbeit but at 90% pay rate (we are still open though, ugh)

-saw a happy young man jogging with his headset on...he and I were the only people out for a walk in the woods (doing something healthy/stress relieving)

-the Pflegeguy came and helped my father-in-law (the service was still working today)

-gas price was down to 1,14 Euros so I tanked full!

-the sun shined most of the day

-listening to Roger Quilter's 'Rainbow's End' in the car while driving to work relaxed and cheered me

Then...I lost it at work. I yelled at a car full of Dad, Mom and two kids for being 'unverantwortlich' coming to, you know where I work, to buy four stupid ice creams and drive away. Is that Versorgung on a level that meant they really needed to get out and get that food? NO!!!!! I think the man was simply shocked. I was too. Then I lit into my shift leader about how I find it uttered irresponsible that a fast food chain stays open at all. He agreed. Then I got suck on the drive window, we had no gloves, and every time I handed out drinks or food people grazed my hands!!!!!! I washed and washed and washed my hands, but my co-workers rarely did. We passed food to one another and bags to one another and it was wash, wash, wash just to give stupid people ice cream. Go buy a bucket of it for the same price at your local grocery you stupid people.

5 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Meanwhile, in America...

411BCC08-E050-4A6C-87B6-10A1CB011805.png

That's super snarky, but it appears to be true: famous people are getting tested here. :( 

I had to drive into Frankfurt yesterday morning at 07.30. Normally, at that time, the A3 is a disaster, but yesterday, the traffic was much lighter. I also noticed that the bigger, more expensive cars were missing, most of them were small, older cars and I realised then that the people who drive those bigger cars are most likely managers and bosses, and they are working from home at the moment. The people on the road are the ones keeping things running in places like hospitals, care homes, supermarkets, etc.  I also noticed the lack of aggression; other drivers were more polite to each other. There are also a lot less planes in the sky and the air is clearer, and then it struck me, nature (or God, if you believe in him) is really, really pissed with us just now and has taken the control back, for a while at least, and that thought made me smile!

12 hours ago, bramble said:

When I went with the dog on his last peepee round for today half an hour ago, I noticed ca. 15 youngsters congretating outside the swimming baths (closed) opposite the Jugendhaus (also closed) - despite the new added stricter regulations in our town today. I was livid. I bet it won't be long before we have total lockdown here because of idiots like these.

I just phoned the police station to ask whether it's OK to call them whenever I see such group formations - also especially considering the appeals of Kanzlerin Merkel yesterday evening to avoid forming groups. The police officer said, yes, I should

1 hour ago, Tap said:

I had to drive into Frankfurt yesterday morning at 07.30. Normally, at that time, the A3 is a disaster, but yesterday, the traffic was much lighter. I also noticed that the bigger, more expensive cars were missing, most of them were small, older cars and I realised then that the people who drive those bigger cars are most likely managers and bosses, and they are working from home at the moment. The people on the road are the ones keeping things running in places like hospitals, care homes, supermarkets, etc.  I also noticed the lack of aggression; other drivers were more polite to each other. There are also a lot less planes in the sky and the air is clearer, and then it struck me, nature (or God, if you believe in him) is really, really pissed with us just now and has taken the control back, for a while at least, and that thought made me smile!

Also made me think that only a few weeks ago, the UK announced their new immigration policy.  Those earning under £25k referred to as unskilled workers. Those supposed unskilled workers are now keeping many countries running.  

Spent the night at daughter's home in Norther Ireland, just across the border. Went to the post office in the village shop.

All the shelves are full. Lots of toilet paper, bread, meat, milk etc. 
Few customers in the shop, but staff seems normal.

3 hours ago, Tap said:

There are also a lot less planes in the sky and the air is clearer, and then it struck me, nature (or God, if you believe in him) is really, really pissed with us just now and has taken the control back, for a while at least, and that thought made me smile!

Absolutely! Have you seen this?

Dolphins and swans appear in Venice canals a week after city locks down to prevent coronavirus spread

And seen on fb, bogota shut down streets for bikes to allow better traffic for key workers... soooo why didn’t they do it before?!

https://www.zukunft-mobilitaet.net/171177/urbane-mobilitaet/covid-19-coronavirus-bogota-temporaere-radwege/

we need to set up a record of of the objective improvements from the measures taken so we can keep doing them after this epidemic passes. No one can claim they’re “impractical” or uneconomical if we did them and made it though OK

Went shopping for actual essentials and a few treats for sanity earlier this week

no TP but plenty of water soluable toilet wipes! People left them because you have to actually read the pack I guess.

grabbed 2 as a backup (!) and left plenty for others!

4 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

Coronavirus is doing more to save the planet that Greta!

That's kind of like saying Hitler advanced urban planning or Jeffrey Dahmer was a safe-sex pioneer in the gay community.

3 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

Coronavirus is doing more to save the planet that Greta!

I mean there’s a direct connection between intense physical connectedness and the chance of virus epidemics. If I can go on a plane today and be in Australia tomorrow obviously I’ll be a risk to myself and others. We made these things “normal” instead of thinking about what’s actually healthy, safe, and conducive to our happiness- including the fact that if I destroy society for my selfish whims today I’ll be lonely tomorrow, which is not a good survival strategy 

I went shopping earlier on for the stuff I didn't get yesterday. On the way to the shops every person I met was carrying toilet rolls. From Rossmann they said, but not many left. When I got there, there was a queue. Only 20 customers allowed in at the same time. One of the staff was standing at the open door with yellow pass cards and as one customer came out handing her a card, the next customer wanting in got it after she sprayed it with disinfectant. I managed to get a toilet roll pack of 8, but there weren't many left, so I was lucky. 

Bare shelves at the usual places in Aldi next door, so I didn't get any H-Milch. At least there was a big sign outside asking customers to stay at a distance of at least 1,5 m from each other. 

Also noticed that the playgrounds were empty when I went the round with the dogs. 

8 minutes ago, bramble said:

I went shopping earlier on for the stuff I didn't get yesterday. On the way to the shops every person I met was carrying toilet rolls. From Rossmann they said, but not many left. When I got there, there was a queue. Only 20 customers allowed in at the same time. One of the staff was standing at the open door with yellow pass cards and as one customer came out handing her a card, the next customer wanting in got it after she sprayed it with disinfectant. I managed to get a toilet roll pack of 8, but there weren't many left, so I was lucky. 

But shouldn't Rossmann be closed already?  Since yesterday all Rossman and DM in my district seem to be closed.