Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,846 posts in this topic

I'm glad someone's cottoned on to the savings the government will make on all those pension payments they won't have to pay. Took a long time to point out... ;)

It is indeed not in the government's best financial interests to have an ailing, ageing population. A few houses will also be freed up if all the oldies die off, thereby easing the dire shortage of housing in the UK. (Not saying I think it is a good thing, just pointing out the facts.)

Did anybody else get an offer for 12 almost free masks today?  I just got a letter from Bundesregierung through AOK, explaining to me that they asked AOK to send it to me, stating that I could have gotten 3 free masks in a pharmacy before January 6th (I thought that was only for the elderly) and that now I'm getting two vouchers for 6 masks each where I have to pay 2€ out of pocket for each voucher. 

We got our vouchers in the mail yesterday. The first voucher had expired the day before we got it. No problem, Himself got the masks anyway. The next vouchers expire in Feb.

We didn't need a voucher to get the 3 free masks in Jan.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

We got our vouchers in the mail yesterday. The first voucher had expired the day before we got it. No problem, Himself got the masks anyway. The next vouchers expire in Feb.

One of my vouchers is good from Jan 1 until Feb 28 and the other from Feb 16 until Apr 15.  The letter explains that I could have gotten 3 free masks before Jan 6 with my ID but I was under the impression that this was only for people who are older or have health problems so I am wondering if they sent me this by mistake.

3 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

Do you maybe have asthma or type 2 diabetes?

Those are among the "risk" conditions listed in the law that governs who gets sent the vouchers even if under age 60: https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/service/gesetze-und-verordnungen/guv-19-lp/schutzmv.html

No, I've had bronchitis a couple of times.  I doubt that falls under "chronisch obstruktive Lungenerkrankung" though.  I guess I'll call AOK on Monday and ask.

BTW, while googling info about masks, I found that an online pharmacy is offering to double the amount of free masks and waive the 2€ fee if you download their app and send them your vouchers.  More info on that here. https://www.chip.de/downloads/webapp-12-gratis-FFP2-Masken-mit-Berechtigungsschein_183266368.html

7 minutes ago, LeonG said:

No, I've had bronchitis a couple of times.

I've also had bronchitis a couple of times - last time in January 2020 was tending towards pneumonia when the GP put me on antibiotics (which worked).

But I didn't have "Asthma bronchitis".  Anyhow, I'm over 60 (touching 70 soon).

Last sentence: don’t remind us both, HEM😂

But we’re both extremely gorgeous - so nothing to worry about!🙏🏻💋

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Same here. 

We learnt a few hours ago that our neighbour's son (works at Airbus) has Corona - his wife also...

AFAIK its the "British" mutant.

Neighbours being tested.

26 minutes ago, HEM said:

We learnt a few hours ago that our neighbour's son (works at Airbus) has Corona - his wife also...

Neighbours being tested.

One of my neighbours tested positive during the week.  The neighbour next to him on the same floor sterilised the whole area in the hallway as his partner is dealing with breast cancer just now.  Everybody here is being very, very careful.

35 minutes ago, HEM said:

Whats the chances that they thought that traveling on the Private company aircraft would fool corona?

My son's best friend lost his father in 2020. Not from Covid. His brother OD'ed some weeks ago. His mother is now in hospital with Covid in bad shape. Probably won't make it.

4 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Whats the chances that they thought that traveling on the Private company aircraft would fool corona?

The infected son (+wife) don't live next door...

I do not believe that he has been in the UK.  Of course others may have been but AFAIK its mostly A320 family wings that get flown in from UK.

15 hours ago, HEM said:

But I didn't have "Asthma bronchitis".  Anyhow, I'm over 60 (touching 70 soon).

72 in March here

On 30/01/2021, 19:11:32, LeonG said:

No, I've had bronchitis a couple of times.  I doubt that falls under "chronisch obstruktive Lungenerkrankung" though.  I guess I'll call AOK on Monday and ask.

Well, even the Bavarian Ministerpräsident Markus Söder was sent the vouchers by mistake: https://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/muenchen/verwirrung-um-ffp2-masken-gutscheine-im-briefkasten-sogar-soeder-hat-coupons-erhalten-art-702545