Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,744 posts in this topic

While members of Congress were in lockdown during last week’s siege on the Capitol, Republican members were captured on video refusing to wear masks. Since the attack, at least three House members have tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/13/coronavirus-variant-from-uk-must-not-get-out-of-hand-warns-eu

” British “ Covid variant must not get out of hand!

Smiling here ( sort of ).

I remember the anger at the description of “ China flu.”

And the outrage by some in 2020 about the use of the name Spanish flu a century ago!!

And what was that about Danish mink or whatever?😟

PS: I personally am not offended by the term(s). Other things to worry about- the virus/es itself/ themselves! 

10 hours ago, optimista said:

OOh dear. I think you have just revealed another cultural difference... I know Germans fart freely in public... and the Dutch too? (Some of us are raised to nip it in until we are in private... people suffering with anal fissures are exempt, of course.

Ehhh, farting private in public is allowed, ie. when nobody is near. Should one wait until home and then fart?

Two golden rules based on my long life, Luke!

Do NOT fart on your wedding night

DO fart anytime at the Finanzamt. It may even be tax deductible ( but check with PandaMunich first!😂)...

twitter.png?bypass-service-worker

This tweet from one year ago today seems a very distant memory now

A year ago today, the WHO tweeted to say there was no evidence that human-to-human contact spread what became to be known as COVID-19.

How times have changed...

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China

🇨🇳

10 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Seems that it is not just chips in the vaccine but bacon and chips!:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55666407

The last sentence in the article: " It found 57% said they would take the vaccine - compared with 79% of white people. "

So it is a matter of the skin color?

Paint all people with white color, problem solved?

On 13/01/2021, 20:47:09, LukeSkywalker said:

... farting private in public is allowed, ie. when nobody is near.

If nobody is near, I'd count it as fairly private...:ph34r: as long as you are al fresco, mind.

I remember that Swiss guy who dropped one and then screamed at us to stay away from him! I was completely floored.

Well Italians have had enough of the face nappies! 50,000 business defied police and opened!

Time to partay!

I have to say it felt much more comfortable on the bus this morning with everyone wearing FFP2 masks. No more surgical masks worn down below the nose or a scarf wrapped around the head. Just a bit sad that it has taken regulation to get  everyone to take mask wearing seriously.

So, three weeks on from Xmas-New Year, the shit is really hitting the fan and they are dropping like flies.

Anyone notice that all our attention is being directed to the vaccination effort ?