Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,841 posts in this topic

Holy water automatic dispenser....a sign of our times...

8EA7223D-7032-4CF8-9C1B-138D589D29CE.jpe

My mother in law who lives in Köln is 88 and has underlying health issues, has not been able to get any information on how and when she will get an appointment for the covid vaccination. She does not have internet and all she gets  on the telephone to her  Hausärtz and a central number "we have no vaccine try again next week".

Anyone know what is the procedure in the Köln area and or how to register, if necessary, to get an appointment for a jab?

12 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

My mother in law who lives in Köln is 88 and has underlying health issues, has not been able to get any information on how and when she will get an appointment for the covid vaccination. She does not have internet and all she gets  on the telephone to her  Hausärtz and a central number "we have no vaccine try again next week".

Anyone know what is the procedure in the Köln area and or how to register, if necessary, to get an appointment for a jab?

According to https://www.mags.nrw/coronavirus-impfablauf the ministry will let people know through the post and she will be able to make an appointment through 116117.  The vaccination center is at Kölner Messe.

As far as I was told by my GP's assistant, they will not be doing vaccinations due to the extreme cold needed to keep the vaccine at.  Another chimed in and said that they don't really have any more info than what you can read in the papers.  I also doubt that many GP's have the space available to do mass vaccinations and to let people wait for 20 minutes to check their reaction while still keeping social distancing etc.

Fair enough. But individuals could and should take responsibility for themselves and their entourage. Blaming the government passes the buck nicely and is much easier than isolating where possible, painful though that is.

8 minutes ago, optimista said:

Fair enough. But individuals could and should take responsibility for themselves and their entourage. Blaming the government passes the buck nicely and is much easier than isolating where possible, painful though that is.

Sorry, but when they change their rules more often than their underwear, and allow members of, and special advisers to them to ride slipshod over all the rules, then the governments must take a major part of the blame...

Indeed. But the buck stops with each and every individual. Not the government.

Maybe so for the USA but I do not accept that the UK leaders "never took it seriously" Bojo may be guilty of delaying the first wave lock down but it and subsequent national and regional actions have been and are severe but for what ever reason are not now working. Do you think the Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh leaders who have independently applied covid restrictions are all "populist blustering bull**tters"?

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My daughter in law works in retail. She must go to work even after being exposed at work. No quarantine time. 

I am surprised at this.

Assuming she is in Germany, I had previously assumed that an infected, +ve tested person must be isolated in quarantine. (Infektionsschutzgesetz).

Dr. should issue the Atest. It's the law as we're talking about a notifiable disease.

3 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

She has my sympathies.

Maybe, things will change from 21st

A deadly pandemic does not stop though just because there is a change in date/year/government. Generally speaking it will take months if not years for any real change there.

10 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Maybe so for the USA but I do not accept that the UK leaders "never took it seriously" Bojo may be guilty of delaying the first wave lock down but it and subsequent national and regional actions have been and are severe but for what ever reason are not now working.

Erm....   Lockdown before christmas...  just as new strain is discovered..   "Three famillies can now act as Petri-dishes" for 3 days at christmas... then BANG!!!    Its back again and out of control!

STAY AT FUCKING HOME!

6 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Erm...   Lockdown before christmas...  just as new strain is discovered..   "Three famillies can now act as Petri-dishes" for 3 days at christmas... then BANG!!!    Its back again and out of control!

STAY AT FUCKING HOME!

Get your facts right!

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55056375

19 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Maybe so for the USA but I do not accept that the UK leaders "never took it seriously" Bojo may be guilty of delaying the first wave lock down but it and subsequent national and regional actions have been and are severe but for what ever reason are not now working. Do you think the Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh leaders who have independently applied covid restrictions are all "populist blustering bull**tters"?

Bojo's father and his chief adviser were both guilty of breaching Covid regulations repeatedly, and as far as I know he's a UK leader, if only in name...

3 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

They were right...   They were the ones that most of the famillies that I know chose to follow...    CV-19, didnt give a toss, he just spread the word!!!   Without shame nor prejudice!

My Familly stayed at home.... 

10 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

They were the ones that most of the famillies that I know chose to follow

OK, nice to understand what you believe facts are but the context was what were the regulations not how they were obeyed. Or would you have liked the police to come and check people out while having their xmas dinner?