Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,744 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HEM said:

Just been SKYPing with my brother in the UK.  His daughter (recently qualified as a doctor & working in A & E of a London hospital) now has Covid for the second time.  Does not bode well.

First time was April & in July had a positive antibody test.

He wrote that she had also been vaccinated but might have been infected around the same time.

I really hope she does not get it badly :( Why can it not leave good people alone and just infect the idiots :( 

2 hours ago, HEM said:

Just been SKYPing with my brother in the UK.  His daughter (recently qualified as a doctor & working in A & E of a London hospital) now has Covid for the second time.  Does not bode well.

First time was April & in July had a positive antibody test.

He wrote that she had also been vaccinated but might have been infected around the same time.

Bloody hell, HEM😟

Man hugs to you and positive vibes and karma to your niece🙏🏻

Right now there are tens of thousands of protesters in DC all crammed together with no masks.

They have just now breached the Capitol building where the whole Congress is along with Mike Pence. Through police barriers and on the stairs and the terrace.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Right now there are tens of thousands of protesters in DC all crammed together with no masks.

They have just now breached the Capitol building where the whole Congress is along with Mike Pence. Through police barriers and on the stairs and the terrace.

Yer looks like the police used up all their stocks of tear gas and rubber bullets on BLM protestors earlier this year

I can't believe how dastardly people can be: OAP:s in Sweden are getting calls " from their GP" telling them they will get vaccinated, all they need to do is giving the details of their bank accounts/cards so they can pre pay.  Some crooks even turn up on the door step, claiming to be carers.  It probably happens elsewhere too, so maybe give your older friends and family members a heads up. 

10 hours ago, Elljay said:

I can't believe how dastardly people can be...

The vultures are out there exploiting the vulnerable. There is no limit to man's evil but there is a limit to people's kindness. This was the observation of a Holocaust surviver who lived to be over 100, so she had a lot of time to observe the human race. It kinda stuck with me, and I share it here. Never be surprised at the wickedness of your fellow men.

3 hours ago, optimista said:

The vultures are out there exploiting the vulnerable. 

It certainly happens.  About 16 years ago my father broke his hip and later asked me why his wallet was missing from his possessions at the VA hospital he had been taken to.  Then we saw on his bank stmt that $3K worth of stuff was bought on the shopping channel with his debit card, all while he was in the ICU.  😱  The bank believed me and refunded the money to his account, and they said we all pay to insure that kind of fraud.  To my shock they also said the ambulance/hospital theft routine happens weekly.  😒  That just blew my mind. 

On 1/6/2021, 11:18:34, fraufruit said:

Bonus Daily Cartoon Passing the Torch

18 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

...  ambulance/hospital theft routine happens weekly.

Yep. They rob the dead too.:wacko:

The veneer of civilisation is very, very thin.

I am absolutely for observing restrictions, but the mind boggling inconsistency of the latest rules is driving me up the wall. Well, not only me. I will not translate this. Deepl does an amazing job, but Sascha Lobo makes up new words as he goes, so if you have some command of German, by all means try to enjoy his prose.

Topflappigkeit der Ministerpräsidenten = oven clothiness of the prime ministers, just to give one example. This seems to be an extension of Waschlappen = washrag = douche bag, i.e a wimp who does not want to touch problems with a ten foot pole.

https://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/corona-massnahmen-die-inkonsistenz-ist-unverschaemt-kolumne-a-3d7e59ae-1fc2-4a53-b194-d73b8d70a096

3 hours ago, optimista said:

Yep. They rob the dead too.

Let's please not paint all of our heroes with the same brush. It's just a few bad apples as with everything else.

Thanks.

That's not what I was doing Fruity. Bad apples yes. And opportunity. See Piggy's post. :wacko: There really is no end to it.

18 minutes ago, capslock said:

... mind boggling inconsistency of the latest rules...

You hit it right on the head there.

35 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

bastard scammers...

Saw that coming from afar. Didn't take long, did it?

The real problem is that the awful things people do gets all the attention, the good deeds are often forgotten.  As William Shakespeare wrote (I did  Julius Caesar in school, and I remember some of it!) 

"The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones"

It was true then and it's still true today

2 hours ago, Tap said:

As William Shakespeare wrote 

"The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones"

So being capable of statements like that will get you vaccinated on day one.